[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i live in ontario, canada and i'm about to rent a condo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1418494970261.jpg (86 KB, 446x595) Image search: [Google]
1418494970261.jpg
86 KB, 446x595
i live in ontario, canada and i'm about to rent a condo unit with the owner saying "no pets". i'm gonna sneak in 3 cats anyway. i saw dogs come in and out of the building, so i know it's not a building-wide policy.

my cats are all spayed and fairly quiet and lazy as cats are.
they only scratch furniture, which would be our own property anyway.
the floors are hard wood/linoleum/ceramic.

what's the worst that can happen?
>>
eviction
>>
>>2169000
but i live in ontario and i thought they can't legally do shit like that?

i was more worried that they'll slap a deposit on me and ask for more money every month.
>>
>>2168997
Cat piss gets under the floor and peels up linoleum. Ruins hardwood. Smell never goes away. The renters after you will think someone was using the condo to make meth.
Cat grease fucks up walls that will need to be repainted and moulding replaced.
Cat will sit in window and onlookers will snitch and get you thrown out.
>>
>>2169005
most cats will pee only in the litter box, if your cat isn't they may have a problem.

>>2169003
I don't know anything about Ontario renters rights. try talking to someone you see with a dog and asking. anyways, you said worst case, and at least where I am it's totally possible to get slapped with an illegal eviction and get fucked by it.
>>
>>2169005
thanks for the list, was looking more for a figure of the additional costs they might charge me. not even sure if they can legally do that either though.

in ontario you can't legally evict tenants for having pets unless they are dangerous and cause disturbances around the neighbors. i'd say it's more a rule for dogs than it is for cats.

also we're on the 11th floor, so they can sit their fluffy asses on the windows all they like, i doubt anyone would know.
>>
>>2169017
thanks, i guess i could ask. i've been searching around the web just to make sure and it seems like i should be fine.

i just want to know what kind of shit they will try to throw at me should they ever find out. probably extra finances, but i don't think they can legally do that either... just want to make sure.
>>
>>2168997
Be thankful you don't live in BC. Fiding pet friendly rentals is almost impossible, and when you do find them they're way more expensive than an equivalent no pets unit.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.