[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would win between a Leopard and a Cougar /an/? They're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
What would win between a Leopard and a Cougar /an/? They're continents apart but seem very similarly sized.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXL_ALCRUcU
Cougars kill wolves and shit Leopards run from their prey
>>
File: 801.jpg (166 KB, 1417x551) Image search: [Google]
801.jpg
166 KB, 1417x551
>>2165704
Pls no fanboyism. I always disregard answers which begin with praising the first animal and then calling the other weak/coward cause all it tells me is which animal you happen to like more. It happens in every animal "vs" debate and it's always bullshit.
>>
I guess it would depend on where each one came from.

Both live in a wide range of habitats, so individuals probably differ in size, weight, and temperament.
>>
I think it could go either way but I'd put my bet on the leopard since they can take on larger prey
>>
>>2165678
Aren't leopards more strongly build?
>>
"Supposedly" the largest Cougars are bigger than the largest Leopards but the difference insignificant and ultimately the Leopard is a panthera cat. It has a more robust build, particularly regarding the head. The agility between both cats is largely equal. However the Puma does have the advantage of larger hind legs, which can be useful when fighting on its back. For some reason on those shitty animal fight forums they think the Cougar can grow to Jaguar-like sizes or something. The largest confirmed Cougar was 232lbs and the largest Leopard 213lbs (Wikipedia). They both average 130/137lbs (Wikipedia).
>>
>>2165704
That's because african and indian prey are more likely to fuck your shit up. It's one thing to occasionally prey on a wolf or bear cub, it's another thing entirely to try and make a meal out of something like a baboon or rock python. Leopards also have to deal with a larger variety of predators, some of which can and will go out of their way to kill them. It pays to run from the prey that's willing to turn back and potentially injure you if the alternative results in you getting mauled to death by a lion or tiger because you can't climb quick enough with a gimped paw.
>>2165678
My vote is leopard. Shorter and a bit lighter than a cougar, sure, but as >>2165798 explained, they're more robust. Consider if you will, the fact that leopards are able to climb while carrying prey that can be nearly twice as heavy as they are up into trees. That requires a pretty significant amount of strength, especially in the jaw and neck region.
>>
Bunch of Leopard fanboys itt
>>
>>2165864
>Leopard fanboys
>implying I don't think jaguars are superior

I'm just being realistic here. Leopards deal with a lot more shit than cougars do and are better built for a brawl.
>>
File: puma-guanaco.jpg (263 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
puma-guanaco.jpg
263 KB, 1024x683
Cougars are mountain predators, and mountains are a harsh terrain for hunting, that gives them the edge in a fight, I do agree that Leopards have to deal with a lot of shit, but they're more likely to let a fight pass unlike cougars to whom every fight counts.

Maybe a snowy leopard could beat a cougar but that depends on the size.
>>
The leopard.

They deal with prey that is much more dangerous all the time. Of course they avoid fights where they can, any large predators avoids fighting other large predators if they can help it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.