[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Asians afraid of dogs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Jackie Chan.jpg (11 KB, 300x329) Image search: [Google]
Jackie Chan.jpg
11 KB, 300x329
Why are Asians afraid of dogs?
>>
>>2164863
I dunno. Why /are/ Asians afraid of dogs?
>>
I haven't noticed that.

The black people in my neighborhood are always scared of my dog, which is wierd because she's a 40 lb border collie. Not an intimidating dog.
>>
>>2164863
I thought mostly Middle Eastern and Hispanic people hated dogs. I took my old lab mix out for a walk at my old apartment, and a Hispanic dad and his son saw it and went right back inside.
>>
lol you mean dogs are afraid of asians. They're a fucking delicacy in most places in asia.
>>
>>2164869
>scared of dogs

Im a black guy, but the black people in your area are wierd.
>>
>>2164924
Depends if they're first gen migrants or no. Wild dogs are a problem in some african countries.
>>
>>2164863

Its like why Sarah Winchester build that kooky house

she knew her family was responsible for immeasurable suffering and was trying to run from their ghosts.
>>
>>2164863
Asians are just uber-autistic, they react to dogs the same way as sheltered middle-class fat kids often do. In the UK, at least in my experience, most minorities are childishly scared of dogs (and animals in general). All the paki kids used to literally scramble and run screaming if I ever walked my old dopey Weimaraner into town, and the adults weren't usually much more composed.
>>
>>2165009
>they react to dogs the same way as sheltered middle-class fat kids often do
this.
There's a ravine near my house where I usually walk my dogs, and today this family of probably Chinese immigrants were walking on the trail, so I pulled my dog close toward me, and the entire family stepped off the trail a couple feet into the forest and waited for me to walk by.
>>
>>2164922
You laugh, but I have like a 3rd uncle or some shit in China that lives in a dump and literally breeds dogs for eating. First and last time I saw him, he lived in an approximately 500 sq. ft. apartment with 5 dogs in a cage on his balcony. Couldn't stand staying there for more than an hour. The stench and the barking/whining were horrible.
>>
They aren't? It's mostly dogs being afraid of asians, especially when they're old.
>>
Muslim refugees are scared of my 2 rotties.
>>
>>2164869
My dog growls at black people
>>
>>2164869
The funny thing about black people is they hate other black people. Whatever dog is often feared amoung blacks, becomes a black favorite. For a while it was rotties, then pit bulls. Niggers would be scared of the dogs but still own them to scare other niggers. Lately GSDs have been the pick of choice because all niggers fear the dog of the third Reich. Just toss it in the backyard and neglect it to protect your weed and family.
>>
>>2164917
>Hispanic people

Spaniard here, not sure if it counts as Hispanic or not, that isn't the case.
Although there are people whose dogs live in poor conditions, it usually is in more "rural" areas.
>>
>>2164869
black people are insanely scared of chihuahuas

somebody post the webm
>>
File: iggy summons the fool.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
iggy summons the fool.gif
1 MB, 250x250
I love dogs, but anytime I go near one they run away. It's kinda sad.

-nig anon
>>
>>2165037
Asian people in my area do this too! I've even seen families cross the street to avoid me and my pup.
>>
It is a stereotype that a ton of non whites can be terrified as dog.
I got a pretty colorful university with a white majority, one time a Labrador broke into the college and was wander around the canteen.
Every time it approached a black person they would finch and lean away, one Muslim girl jumped up on the table.

Every white person the dog approach gave it a pat and maybe some food.
Not trying to be /pol/ but that was just from personal observations, of course I have seen black people and other non whites with dogs but I have seen more terrified of them.
>>
>>2166254
my dog growls at black people for no reason desu
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>>2164863
>>2164869
>>2164917
>>2165009
>>2166380
I think it's just because white people have been living with dogs and domesticated as pets them over a thousand years ago. Dogs can be considered a part of western culture where as in Asia for example they uncommon. I think that that former grand wizard of the KKK David Duke said something about wolves being interconnected to European culture. Pic related is a good example of canines in European culture.
>>
Evolutionary instinct. People from early Europe have a history of living alongside dogs as pets and hunters. Asians/Africans have a history of running from things that have sharp teeth and four legs.

Ask a native African that lived in the central plains of Africa about lions.
>>
>>2165074
Chinese people aren't even human if they aren't from a big city
>>
>>2166567
isn;t that the story of some Greek hero raised by wolves?
>>
>>2164863
'Pet culture' is relatively new in east asia because of how long it took for them to start industrializing, since industrialized modernized societies are the only ones that can afford to be lavish about raising and treating pets well without having to be in the really rich class. Upper classes would traditionally be a little more familiar with keeping pets, and in China the rich pay a fuckton of money for well bred examples of specific breeds (like tibetan mastiffs).
>>
>>2166589
>>2165074
>t. eating a big mac right now
>>
>>2166589
He lived in Shanghai though. Still in a dump.
>>
>>2167199
Twins actually, Remus and Romulus, according to the legend the wolf fed and raised the twins and they went out to found Rome
>>
One of the teachers at my school used to bring in his 2 labs, sweet dogs. Most people loved them, but there were a few Asians that gave them the evil eye and didn't go near them. There was an Asian girl in my theatre class as well who was deathly afraid of dogs. In my suburb, though, it's mostly whites with my family and a few others being the only Asians. Everyone here has a dog though, we all walk our dogs and all the dogs love meeting each other. I haven't seen anyone in my suburb being afraid of dogs.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.