[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get rid of these fuckers without using those crazy chemicals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 285x285_Flea_Bites_2.jpg (35 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
285x285_Flea_Bites_2.jpg
35 KB, 285x285
How do I get rid of these fuckers without using those crazy chemicals that they sell?

My two cats have fleas and the store bought stuff irritates their skin. Any safe ways to kill fleas on cats?
>>
Try pine chip bedding. And also tea tree oil
>>
Completely wax your pet
>>
>>2163910
so poisons, but not ones that are predictable or effective. that's some good goddamn advice
>>
Diatomaceous Earth
>>
There's chewable medications that kill fleas. There might also be chemicals that aren't as harsh for cats with sensitive skin, but I'm not sure.
Talk to your vet to find out what would be best for your cats.
>>
>>2163848
Get diatomaceous earth, sprinkle it over your carpets and rugs the way you would with baking soda. Spread that shit everywhere. Strip your sheets and cushions bare, spread it on your mattress and other furniture. Let it sit for a couple of days.

Keep your cats locked up in the bathroom for the duration of this. Afterwards vacuum the FUCK out of your house. Vacuum everything, vacuum the curtains, vacuum the walls, vacuum your couch and mattress. Vacuum everything.

While you are vacuuming, have someone give your cats a bath, use original scentless dawn dish soap. It's perfectly safe, it's the same soap they use to rehabilitate wild animals trapped in oil spills.

Lather the FUCK out of your cats, and keep them still. If the soap lather is thick enough, it will suffocate the fleas and eggs. It should take thirty minutes.

Repeat as many times as necessary. Also, spreading the diatomaceous earth around on your lawn and in your flower beds will help prevent fleas from breeding close enough to your doors and windows to return to the house.
>>
>>2163929
This.

After vacuuming, throw out the vacuum bag. You don't want them to crawl back out of the vacuum, they can and will.

While giving the cats a bath, use soap to form a ring around the neck, all the way to the skin. Then start at the tail and work your way upwards towards the neck in an even line. Make especially sure to lather between the toes, in the armpit, under the tail, and anywhere else that makes a small crevice they can hide in. Drive the fleas towards the soapy collar and they will be trapped. When they're out, comb them to remove tangles and then use a flea comb until they are dry. Especially comb around the face and head, and make sure there are no fleas hiding in the ears. You may have to do this step more than once.
>>
>>2163947
Also, when flea combing, keep a cup of detergent water to drop any survivors into.
>>
>>2163947
One last tip, wash all bedding and clothing and blankets the cats have touched. If you can't vacuum it, wash it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.