[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dog won't eat dog food unless mixed with cat food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: d.png (1015 KB, 697x642) Image search: [Google]
d.png
1015 KB, 697x642
Hi /an/,
My father owns a puppy about ~8 months old that he has asked me to take care of while on vacation. He showed me his routine for the dog which seems fine, except that he advises I mix his kibble with a can of wet cat food. I looked it up and it seems like cat food can be bad nutrition-wise for dogs if you keep feeding it to them for a long time. However, I tried mixing his kibble with some wet dog food I have at home, and he refuses to eat it. Is a dog eating ~2 cans of cat food a day (2 meals a day) okay, and if not, how can I get him to eat dog food exclusively?
>>
>>2161855
the only trouble with wet food is obesity and developing bad tooth health

my mutt eats a rabbit shit and dirt clod buffet everyday and is 14 years old so go figure

regardless, the animal will eat when it gets hungry enough cat food or no
>>
>>2161855
Wtf? They should not be eating cat food as there is plenty of types of dog food. It's 2016. I don't understand. These are two different types of animals with different nutritional needs.
>>
>>2161874
Keep in mind this is my dad's dog, and my dad doesn't seem to understand the idea of going to the vet and keeping pets healthy and such. If it were my dog, I would've never given him cat food, because as you said, dogs and cats are obviously completely different animals. However, now that my slightly senile dad has gotten him eating cat food, I don't know how to get him to eat normal food.
>>
>>2161877
Try and have a talk with your dad. Honestly, just put a little peanut butter in the dog food. I'm sure the dog will go nuts for it.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.