[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grassy Path
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 20160705_114839.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160705_114839.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1152
So my family laid down this path a couple years ago. Tarp, rock, brick, the works. The path has become overrun with grass and weeds. I'm tired of fucking mowing over bricks and pulling weeds. Does /an/ have any easy ways to kill the grass for good?
>>
Roundup/glyphosate. There's stuff that's longer-lasting but don't apply it anywhere that roots from nearby trees/bushes might travel beneath. Or, if you're worried about the bees (and, really, we should all worry about the bees), you can use a mixture of salt and vinegar with a touch of dish soap to help it stick. 1 gallon regular white vinegar, 1 cup salt, a tablespoon of dish soap. If you use 2 cups of salt, nothing will ever grow there again.
>>
>>2161817
To fix the problem you need to dig up and redo the path. However it is easily treatable like>>2161892 said.
>>
>>2161892
I have to advise against roundup or any other herbicides. In my experience, they're very hard to contain and will end up killing things downstream from where you apply them. The only thing to really do is tear out the stones and redo the path. You might try mulching it this time.
>>
Salt will kill pretty much any plant "for good". Salt the surrounding earth
>>
>>2162194
>this myth again
It's going to take a hell of a lot of salt, and that stuff will wash out in a few months.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.