[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help m/an/iggas I work with the plants at home depot and i saw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
help m/an/iggas

I work with the plants at home depot and i saw this thing apparently called Euphorbia

i want it really bad but don't want to pay for it so i was wondering:
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
can i just pull off one of his little buddies and it'll grow this size eventually? or will plucking it away just kill it. i did one and took it home in a little tiny pot but when i plucked it it did a weird milky stuff all over my finger

will he grow up
>>
o help
>>
>>2160539
Yeah you can take the pups off and root them, but they'll obviously take a loooooong time to grow to the size of the 'parent' plant.
>>
>>2160576

awesome, thanks man. i want it to take a long time anyways because i want to feel a connection to it as it grows up.

can i leave it outside for now? i live in Michigan so it gets pretty cold as fuck in the winter so ill take it inside then but for now can i leave it outside?

i don't have any East or West facing windows in my house, will a North facing window be good enough? I have an orchid growing by it that's doing just fine
>>
>>2160588

btw its euphorbia horrida i just found out
>>
>>2160588
I doubt it would do well outdoors (especially if it's trying to root), windowsill may be a safer bet. Unfortunately I'm not great with cacti and succulents, some other pl/an/tfag may have a better idea though.
>>2155459
>>
>>2160539
>>2160541
Euphorbia Horrida is technically not a cactus even though it looks and behaves just like one. You should do some research because the whole euphorbia family is super cool.

The north facing windowsill is probably your best bet, though west facing is usually best overall. When you pull off the smaller chunk make sure to leave it out of soil or water (maybe on top of newspaper or a paper towel) and wait for it to callous. Youll be able to tell its calloused once anywhere that was once fleshy and gooey has become darker than the rest of the plant. Once its calloused, stick it in a pot with soil, and small rocks or sand on top. Water it either a teensy bit a week or an average amount every three. Every week or so check to see if its started rooting, youll be able to tell by little strands of plant coming out (theyll most likely be white or brown). The rooting process might go faster if you buy some rooting hormone from your work, but you have to make sure not to over do it.

All that and you should have a healthy not-technically cactus! Expect a year to a year and a half for it to reach that size
>>
>>2161065
Also forgot to mention, it will not grow until its rooted which could take maybe a couple weeks to two months. Don't be bummed if you dont see any growth for a while, its just quietly doing its thing
>>
Return the plant, Jamal
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.