[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hows my bearded dragon's set up? I keep 100 or so crickets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160702_165607.jpg (2 MB, 4096x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160702_165607.jpg
2 MB, 4096x2304
Hows my bearded dragon's set up? I keep 100 or so crickets handy and feed them some gut loading shit, and then he currently has peas and blueberries in his food dish. Spot clean the tank multiple times a day, then do a full clean once a week. I take him out and let him sit on me for a few hours a day, and I give him baths (no soap) whenever i clean his tank. He seems really happy and healthy, but is there any changes i should make?

His name is Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso. Or just Pablo for short
>>
>sand
>>
No le has puesto nada para que trepe...

Rip.
>>
File: [screams geometrically.jpg (265 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
[screams geometrically.jpg
265 KB, 1440x1080
>>2159955
>SAND
please never sand
>>
>>2159955
Your beardie can accidentally ingest sand while feeding.
>>
>>2159955
you created the tank without taking any consideration of the animal's needs. good job

it's also way too small
>>
>>2159969
>>2159991
>>2160002

Why does everybody act like sand is bad? As long as you don't throw food on the sand and keep it in a bowl where the food won't escape it's fine.
>>
>>2160012
because there is no fucking point in giving it sand. it does not live on sand in nature and sand is awful for hygiene.

only retards who think bearded dragons live in the sahara put sand in the tank
>>
>>2160015
It adds to the aesthetics, it doesn't hurt them unless they're idiots and eat it
>>
wow that's horrible. are you retarded?
>>
I feel that this tank was good for him when he was a hatchling but now he is too big for his two hides and not much room on his basking rock.
>>
>>2160012

Sand has other risks besides impaction. Over time it is hard on their joints, can lead to early onset arthritis. It is impossible to keep sterile and must be changed completely once a month in order to remain acceptably clean for your herp. It gets in the eyes and vent, causing irritation. Bearded dragons are not adapted to live on loose sand. Only herps adapted specifically to live in open desert (the kind with sand dunes) can be safely kept on it. And even those, like sand boas, actually do better on things like aspen.

Furthermore, there are many safe substrate options available to use instead. You're not saving money or time using it. You're using it because you're stupid and don't read care sheets.
>>
>>2160027

Use excavator clay if you care so much about appearance. It is much closer to the kind of ground cover beardies would have in native habitat.
>>
>>2160027
they're fucking animals you dumbass. They don't have the slightest clue what impaction is
>>
>>2159955

>Or just Pablo for short

HAHAHHAHAHHA SO CUTE AND FUNNY

get that fucking sand out of there you retard
>>
>>2160031
This. Take the sand out and it'd be good for an adult leo, not a beardie.
>>
>>2160046
This. There's no benefit to sand other than aesthetics, you're literally risking your pets health for aesthetics. And if you value aesthetics over your pet's health, you probably shouldn't have that pet.
>>
>>2159955
Tiny tank is tiny.
>>
>>2160096
Isn't it a 40 breeder? There was a discussion right on /herp/ about that being stupidly huge for a single leo.
>>
Damb boy ya Liz gonna be fat as hell. I fed mine 34 and he was the chubbiest thing I've ever owned
>>
>>2160229
Unless it doesn't fit in your home or you can't heat it stably, there's no such thing as too big.
>>
>>2160229
>>2160096
>>2160252

is that tank a 40 gallon? I got a 40 gallon tank i just bought. 36x18

It should be enough for my hatchling i just got, all the way through adulthood it should be enough right?

or do i need a fucking 50 gallon+ for just one bearded?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.