[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hermit crab thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 175x144) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 175x144
Hermit crab thread
>>
>wanting crabs in your house that dont do anything

At least get something cool like a snake or lizard
>>
>>2160204
hermitcrabs are pretty active. At least those that are allways underwater. I am at Work atm, but itry later to get a shoot of mine
>>
>>2160647
The ones on land dont do anything
>>
File: caresheet09.jpg (223 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
caresheet09.jpg
223 KB, 1600x1067
>>2159632
Back then as a tiny toddler, I use to buy these guys at the mall all the time. looking back I realize how messed u p it was and I didn't know shit about basic hermit crab care so every time they died my dad would just buy a new one. I was practically a death sentence to any that came to me. I feel bad that I didn't give them any good care so one day when I finish college and have enough money I'll make a paradise for them and try breeding them.
>>
File: Coenobita perlatus.jpg (50 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
Coenobita perlatus.jpg
50 KB, 500x363
>>2160722
I especially want Coenobita perlatus. They have a pretty cool red colored to them.
>>
So this thread is just about loser hermits?
>>
>>2160676
not true, some of my rugosus are allways up and foraging for food

>>2160727
they are the most difficult species to keep tho
>>
>>2160833 I saw that there was one guy on the hermit crab association who was successful enough to raise larvae into the megalopa stage but they died.
>>
>>2161050
perlatus larvae?
>>
>>2159632
Idk why but these are cuter than my moms vagina
>>
>>2161072
Yes
>>
Hermits in a reef aquarium are actually vital. They clean detritus of your substrate so you dont get nitrate spikes that can kill your tank
>>
>>2161138
>>
>>2160807
wow anon thanks a lot my hermit crab just died from reading your post
>>
File: image.jpg (613 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
613 KB, 1536x2048
Hermit crabs are a delight, and very active, especially on warmer days but mostly at night.

Sorry for the shitty quality.
>>
>>2161727
That's a cute crab anon
>>
I had a land hermit that lived for 13 years, he was active and always climbing around until his final days. I think one of the factors that finally did him in was a recurring mite problem in his tank.
>>
>>2161775
That's pretty impressive. There's a woman named Carol Ann Ormes who has a hermit crab which is 30 years old that is still alive. I wonder how she got it to live so long.
>>
>>2161836
Coenobita species all can live for over 30 years, some even well over 50
>>
>trying to look up structure of a crab's legs
>no solid diagrams that are consistent and fully illustrative

can you guys help me out?
>>
>>2160727
That carapace is really neat.
>>
File: F1.large.jpg (299 KB, 1602x973) Image search: [Google]
F1.large.jpg
299 KB, 1602x973
>>2161860
what do you mean?

something like that?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbEwOEBl3xw They're the only arthropods that I know that can grow "friendly" towards people. Pretty cool little critters. They're curious, sociable, exotic, have personalities, make chirping noises, eat varieties of food. I really miss having them and I wish I could've taken better care of them.
>>
File: received_1731259667141356.jpg (12 KB, 293x223) Image search: [Google]
received_1731259667141356.jpg
12 KB, 293x223
>>2161918
Rip you
>>
>>2161893
Sort of like that, though showing all of the segments of the leg in a clear manner. this seems to only really focus on the last three segments.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.