[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: WIN_20160701_155349.jpg (747 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160701_155349.jpg
747 KB, 2560x1440
Just found this guy. What species is it? Is it going to harm me if it bites me?
>>
>>2159267
Jumping spider, maybe won't hurt you, and take a better picture man.
>>
>>2159267
It's a salticid.

It will harm you if it bites you, because bites usually involve puncturing skin.
The pertinent questions are "will it bite you?" and "how bad would a bite be?"
The answer to the former is "no, you idiot."
The answer to the latter is "less than poking yourself with a needle, unless you're fucking dirty as shit in which case you'll get an infection from your own gross skin like 90% of all 'brown recluse bites'"
>>
>>2159270
>better picture
It was the best I could get, I shit you not.
>>2159277
I eventually just took the little guy outside, and let him roam free. I love jumping spiders, cute little things.
>>
spider bite hurt

hurts, spider bite

dont let it bitecha
>>
>>2159301
OUCH

spider bit me

quit bitin' me spider, gah
>>
>>2159322
You definitely don't want that spider to bit you where the good lord split you.
>>
Why are jumping spiders cute whereas all other spiders (excepting some tarantulas) range from ugly to horrific?
>>
>>2159348
Arbitrary cultural standards.

Unless you're a memer, ALL spiders(as well as all other arthropods) are cute.
>>
>>2159348
Googly eyes and scrunched up legs. I love them, they're like tiny hopping crabs
>>
>>2159348
Like others said, Big eyes, small bodies. It's a psyc thing humans find cute in other things. They also have that curious and playful movement, like a kitten. Combine with their lack to harm us in any way, they are seen as the kittens of the spider world.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.