[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will my kitten be old enough to sleep with me at night,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_9400.jpg (779 KB, 2592x1728) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9400.jpg
779 KB, 2592x1728
When will my kitten be old enough to sleep with me at night, or at least be chill enough to not wake me up by running around and jumping on me? She's about four months old and will sit on my lap for up to an hour when she's in the right mood, so I'm feeling pretty confident that she'll grow up to be a cuddler, but I'd just like an idea of when I can expect her to calm down a little more.
>>
Maybe never
>>
>>2157878
Okay, when will she be old enough for me to know either way?
>>
>>2157879
How long is she going to live?
>>
>>2157885
Do you not understand what I'm asking or are you intentionally being obnoxious? I know that in dogs you have a pretty good idea of their adult personality by the time you hit six months, and I'm wondering what the equivalent age is for cats. I know that kittens are more active than cats, and my assumption is that if she's already pretty chill now and enjoys cuddling, then she'll be even more chill and cuddle-happy in a year.
>>
>>2157872
I don't think that stops to be honest. My cat of 10+ years would sleep just fine then knead my chest in the morning to wake me up for breakfast.
>>
>>2157940
>My cat of 10+ years would sleep just fine then knead my chest in the morning to wake me up for breakfast.
That sounds lovely. I just don't want her jumping all over me and running around my room during the night and waking me up.
>>
>>2157893

The "common" thing for dogs is to cuddle while going to sleep, then they leave after you fall asleep.

In my experience, cats are the opposite. They will not sleep with you until you are asleep. If you're awake, they will either be goofing off elsewhere or they'll be brutally assaulting you in order to obtain those high-value bedtime-pettings.

That said, my cat always falls asleep on me during the day. Like, rubbing it in that I can't take a nap. Not so much at night.
>>
>>2157893
About a year.

And that isn't necessarily a good assumption. Tons of cats end up in shelters because they were one way as a kitten, but totally opposite as a cat. Cats can have really radical changes in personality and temperament going into adulthood.
>>
took three years for mine.
>>
>>2157944
1 - 2 years. maybe more. maybe never. depends on the cat
>>
Who knows?

My cat didn't like to sleep in view of anyone until she was 14. Now she sleeps next to me and demands cuddles at night
>>
>>2157872
I remember the first night we had my cat.

Tiny little kitten he was, and he'd just come from the litter and his mother, so he didn't like being alone. We put some litter down and a bowl of water and some treats in my room, and just let him sleep with me.

All fucking night he was jumping at the covers on top of me, crawling over my face, falling down the side of my bed and needing to be recused, etc. etc.

But then when I woke up in the morning he was just sleeping all curled up on top of my chest and it was the cutest fucking thing.
>>
>>2157872
Kittens are more hyper/playful and not quite as calm/friendly as older cats. It will probably take 1-3 years before she mellows out and you can sleep with her through the night without her waking you up.
>>
>>2157872
I have an exact same kitten, at first I thought it was her on the pic. She's about that age too and sleeps with me from 1 to 7am. After that, she jumps and runs around the room or demand food in a very loud manner.

It stopped with my family cat when she grew up. Now she sleeps with my parents whole night, so my answer would be "when it grows up and stops being obnoxiously hyperactive like all kittens".
>>
>>2157872
Dont let your cat outside.
>>
>>2160108
I keep all of my cats outside and they're very happy for it. :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 620x400
>>2160109
I drop off outside cats at my local kill shelter

No need to thank me, I'm just doing my job as an animal lover
>>
>>2160112
so you kidnap other peoples cats
>>
>>2160269
once your 'pets' leave your property they belong to whoevers property they're on, whether that's the state or someone that doesn't appreciate them.

once your cat leaves your property, it's a feral.
>>
Once your 'car' is parked outside your property, it belongs to whoever property it's on, whether that's the state or someone that doesn't appreciate cars.

Once you car leaves your property, it's abandoned.
>>
>>2160283
bullshit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.