[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are pitbulls naturally violent dogs? If you get a pitbull and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 29
File: gooddogdindu.jpg (48 KB, 632x475) Image search: [Google]
gooddogdindu.jpg
48 KB, 632x475
are pitbulls naturally violent dogs?

If you get a pitbull and it was abused in the past, can it be rehabilitated or could it have a private pyle flashback and maul your kid?
>>
>>2157771
how the fuck is this politics?
>>
>>2157772
https://www.denvergov.org/content/denvergov/en/denver-animal-shelter/animal-protection/breed-specific-legislation.html
>>
>>2157772
http://www.dogsbite.org/legislating-dangerous-dogs.php
>>
>>2157771
all that stuff about pitbulls being naturally aggressive and genetically modified to kill is complete bullshit.
treat and train it well and it will behave like a normal dog
>>
>>2157775
This. The problem is that niggers have them. Same thing with guns. Niggers and spics are the problem.
>>
>>2157772
pitbulls are a metaphor for muslims
>>
Pitbulls are a breed of peace.
>>
Abuse isn't just one thing that can make a dog shitty. Unfortunately most owners are retarded and they don't think their dog is a problem. My friend is just one of many, many examples I've seen just in person with his GSD mix. Intact dog, can get along with other dogs and is fine with people(only after being threatened with the remote to his shock collar) but he's going to maul someone or another dog one day. I already had to pull him off a smaller dog, which granted it was him genuinely wanting to play but this dog knows zero-self control because instead of training him they just yell at him.

He could be a really good dog. But he's not, and won't be because owners don't think they are doing anything wrong and when something does go wrong they make bs excuses.
>>
File: 1437054113012.jpg (30 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1437054113012.jpg
30 KB, 256x256
>>2157781
>>
>>2157772
>>>/pol/
>>
File: Snapchat-2427062124562608373.jpg (507 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2427062124562608373.jpg
507 KB, 720x1280
>>2157776
Well im black and my pretty pitty isnt really bad. Everyone isnt the same.
>>
I have worked with dogs straight from raided fighting rings.

Some of them are not dog aggressive whatsoever. In fact, we used 5 of them as 'helper' dogs, to play with other dogs so we can determine if another dog is dog friendly. These dogs were not dog reactive, they maintained a calm and friendly demeanor when other dogs over-corrected or showed signs of not being interested in play. They weren't even dogs that rushed in to play. They were extremely well dog socialized dogs, better socialized than most pet dogs actually.

That's not to say all dogs from fighting rings are like that. My question actually is why these dogs were like that in the first place? We even had the fighting dogs play with each other, and they were fine. These dogs were really muscular and very fucking active, extremely strong. But we could not for the life of us bait them into attacking other dogs.
>>
>>2157771
My mom's rescue pit is a bit wierd, but he doesn't have nuts anymore. He's pretty calm until it's play time.
>>
>>2157883
you seem to believe animals don't have personalities and cannot think for themselves
>>
>>2157771
rehabilitating any dog is a waste, if there's any question it's violent just destroy it, not worth the time or risk
>>
File: pitbull.jpg (177 KB, 732x977) Image search: [Google]
pitbull.jpg
177 KB, 732x977
I rescued a pitbull from a shelter and she's honestly the sweetest dog ever
>>
>>2158025

Nigga that's a Chocolate Lab like everyone else in your last thread told you.
>>
File: rufft.jpg (815 KB, 1306x979) Image search: [Google]
rufft.jpg
815 KB, 1306x979
>>2158031
She's definitely a pitbull
>>
>>2157863
>spiked collar

Hahaha
>>
File: english-bulldog-photos007.jpg (60 KB, 800x616) Image search: [Google]
english-bulldog-photos007.jpg
60 KB, 800x616
I've had this pit bull all it's life and it is the sweetest thing ever
>>
>>2157863
>clipped ears

I hope they were like that when you got it
>>
>>2157964
If a dog was bred and trained for fighting, it generally resembles that through dog aggression. I could see if these dogs were conditioned to be friendly to other dogs again, but not as soon as they get off the wagon. To say that pit. Dog aggression is part nature and part nurture, I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't breed the best fighting dogs and why they wouldn't train their fighting dogs to fight.
>>
This is coming from someone who acknowledges the statistics of the manner, but also has positive experiences with pitbulls when I was a young child (my best friend's family owned them, they were good dogs)

Why can't it go both ways? Or rather, why can't people stop being meme-queens and accept that it's not so easy as to answer yes or no?

Do pitbulls have a genetic predisposition to violent/fighting behaviors?
Yes.
Does that mean that without proper training and individual pet temperament that a pitbull cannot be a companion?
No.
>>
File: 1464428744933.jpg (42 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1464428744933.jpg
42 KB, 500x667
My pitbull has never bit anybody. I don't know why you fags have so much trouble.
>>
>>2158167
I think it's more like do APBTs have genetic predisposition to dog aggression, and does every dog labled a pit bull have even a lick of APBT in it.

Pit bull has become such a generic term that dogs like labs and boxers now easily fit that category
>>
I stole a pitbull from a yard. It was chained to a tree and kids would through rocks at it all the time. So I took it. At first he HATED children and other dogs. Can't really blame him. But I was super consistent with him and always treated him really well. It took about a year, but after that he was 100% reliable. He still didn't want to be around kids and would retreat, but he wouldn't menace or attack children. He was great with other dogs. Was super mellow around cats. My ducks imprinted on him for some reason, so they would follow him around and lay on him. He was the biggest freaking doof face in history. He still had some major anxiety issues though. For one, if I even acted mildly disappointed around him, it was the end of the fucking world. Which is crazy because I never hurt him or yelled at him ever. I was so gentle with that dog. We had fucking doggy meditation time every day for fucks sake. He'd also freak out if he thought I was being threatened at all. Hair on end, pacing back and forth between me and the "threat". He knew he wasn't allowed to bite, but he'd put on a damn good show until I'd call him off. That dog knew exactly who saved him and gave him a good life.
>>
>>2158025
>>2158031
>>2158032
Its a mix. Some sort of pitbull x lab is probably more common than APBTs all together.
>>
File: EVIL MURDERDOG.jpg (214 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
EVIL MURDERDOG.jpg
214 KB, 700x700
>>2157771
Uh yeah, of course.
Just look at this horrid beast.
>>
>>2158173
I. NEED. THIS. DOOGIE. RIGHT. NOW.
>>
>>2157863

more like the ugliest dog
>>
>>2158192

Wait until Trump gets elected and the food runs out man. He'd bite your throat in your sleep.
>>
>>2157863
>Spiked Collar
>Clipped ears

you followed the "pitbulls make you a man/badass" meme didnt you. Grow up and think for yourself
>>
>>2157771
I live next to some ghetto ass dude and a great family who both own pits and here is what I have noticed

>One barks at people like crazy and the other sees people and wants them to come over to pet it
>one sees another dog and barks at it the other runs up to the fence to hopefully get to sniff with it.
>One stays locked up in the backyard all day and the other gets walks daily 2 times a day
>One gets punished for doing something wrong while the other gets trained and gets treats when it does something right

I'm guessing you know where I'm going with this. and I'm sure you can guess which one belongs to who.

It really does come down to who the owner is. I own a small dog but living next to these two different families over the years i've noticed a lot of things. Especially since I used to think all pits were dangerous.
>>
>>2157771
Yes. All terriers were bred (eugenically selected) to kill. Pit bulls were bred to kill bulls. That's why their jaws lock, so that when the bull starts throwing it's head around in a mad attempt to de-dog itself, the beast cannot be loosed. Pitbulls also go for the neck when it's available and the availability of a neck can trigger it's instincts.

There is always genetic diversity, but there will still be deviation towards the mean
>>
>>2158290
The jaw locking thing is a meme, fampai.
>>
>>2158290
>That's why their jaws lock,
>Hello there, I am a retard who knows nothing.
I bet your mother runs a book club you fucking sheltered mediocrity.
>>
>>2158290
> Pit bulls were bred to kill bulls
This is completely false. Why would a farmer want to train a dog to kill his expensive livestock? Bull dogs were trained to control bulls, not kill them. Pitbulls were never trained with livestock AFAIK, but I could be wrong.
> That's why their jaws lock,
This is also false. It is a popular misconception, but wrong nonetheless.
Please lurk more, you are only helping to spread misinformation.
>>
>>2158290
kys with your facebook clickbate article knowledge
>>
>>2158296
>>2158300
>>2158302
>>2158308
ROFL look at all these mad pitbull apologists. Expected better out of an animal board than to defend pitbulls.
>>
>>2158313
none of those defended anything though. They just pointed out that the guy was wrong you retard. Pitbulls could still be dangerous.
>>
>>2158313
Here's your (You)
>>
>be good trainer
>dogs follow my every command
>they'd die for me
>get tied up
>dogs haven't eaten for a week
>takes them 30 seconds to eat me alive

Yeah pit bulls are fucking horrible creatures
>>
>>2158329
WTF are you even talking about? Any pet will start eating on a person after a long enough time without food.
>>
>>2158333
7 days isnt an extremely long time and it took them like 30 seconds

If it was any other dog breed they'd wait and or die waiting instead of eating me like the pit bulls did
>>
>>2158329
How are you typing if your dogs at you alive?
>>
>>2158338
Bullshit.
>>
>>2157771
Dogs are animals, if raised right they will behave right if not they will behave as the animals they are. The same thing is true for us humans.
>>
>>2158354
Except a large percentage of pitbull attacks are from dogs that displayed no previous signs of aggression and were otherwise perfect pets.

Why the fuck /an/ is so in denial I don't understand.
>>
>>2158354
With almost every breed this is true. However what >>2158360 says is true, there is definitely a problem in the breed.
>>
>>2158360
But most pit bull attacks aren't APBT and are in fact mutts, so that doesn't really tell us dick about the apbt breed
>>
>>2158385
I agree that wrong identification has drastically inflated the numbers, but you can't just say "all those deaths don't count because it's not a full blooded and papered APBT".
Fact is that pitbull and pitbull mixes lead the way in unprovoked attacks. Many of these by dogs that have never shown aggression before.
For the record I'm not one who thinks the breed needs banned, nor would I be against owning one. I believe the owners should assume all responsibility of thier dogs actions.
>>
>>2158392
They count, sure, but they sure as hell don't count for APBT attacks. They count as dog attacks. Don't go drawing breed conclusions from attacks when the breed isn't only mixed, but also unknown.
>>
File: pitbull.jpg (381 KB, 638x3464) Image search: [Google]
pitbull.jpg
381 KB, 638x3464
>>2157863
Around pitts, you're mitts
>>
>>2158329
Anon animal instincts are harder to suppress in actual animals, if a dog tries to eat you it just means its limited reasoning has now failed and its submitted to its instinctive command to feed on any meat it sees.
>>
>>2158399
Judging by the status of that backyard, home and even the girl you can tell they were rednecks. Rednecks are just like niggers where they don't properly have knowledge on how to take care of a dog. I want a story where the owners don't look like retarded ghettos that properly take care of a dog. dont just use them for "security" and keep them at home 24/7
>>
>>2158025
She looks almost exactly like my rottweiler mix puppy. Everybody who meets her thinks she is a lab, but she has faint rottweiler brown accents on her face and paws.
>>
>>2158422

She was still cute man, it's fucked up. It's not her fault she wasn't raised to be a nerd.
>>
pitbulls are literally niggers in dog form.

and most owners are niggers themselves, or white trash.
>>
>>2158329
>people are seriously replying to this

It's Ramsay from game of thrones
>>
File: 1456187796874.jpg (148 KB, 960x731) Image search: [Google]
1456187796874.jpg
148 KB, 960x731
>>2158399
melon?
>>
File: nah man its a cat, fo real.jpg (887 KB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
nah man its a cat, fo real.jpg
887 KB, 1944x2592
>>
Many pit bull terriers are bred to be "game" which means high aggression towards other similarly sized animals. It's inherently in the breed, though some are gamer than others.

People aggression is not acceptable to good breeders, but children should never be left alone with any dog because any dog can snap and kids are fucking morons.
>>
>>2158704
Then why are children overwhelmingly mauled by PITBULLS?
>>
File: Drummer.png (68 KB, 281x235) Image search: [Google]
Drummer.png
68 KB, 281x235
>>2158726
>children should never be left alone with any dog because any dog can snap and kids are fucking morons.

It's right there dude.
>>
File: wUT9SVV.png (553 KB, 1225x556) Image search: [Google]
wUT9SVV.png
553 KB, 1225x556
>this thread
>>
>>2157777
quads speak truth
>>
File: noa32.jpg (835 KB, 4608x3072) Image search: [Google]
noa32.jpg
835 KB, 4608x3072
>>2158767
>with any dog
my dachshund does not agree.
>>
Pitbulls are awful dogs and the breed needs to be ended. A pitbull attacked my sister and her puppy for no reason at all, and they could have both been killed. They are overly powerful, and they do not let go.

Fuck pitbulls, if I could press a button to destroy all pitbulls in the world I would do it.

>b-but it's the owner's fault, my pitbull is perfect

Fuck you, I hope your shitty cunt dog bites your face off.
>>
>>2157863
I don't call people niggers, but there is a big difference between a nigger and a black person.
>>
>>2158032
>>2158025
kek
>>
>>2158399
Literally no animal "just snaps" if the dog was so freaked out it attacked people until they died, something must have set it off. Animals work on instincts. They don't do things arbitrarily like humans do
>>
>>2158886
>Outdoor dog
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Capture.png (42 KB, 663x401) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
42 KB, 663x401
>>2159011
a dog's sensibilities shouldn't be delicate enough to be set off with no warning by normal human behavior. especially a powerful dog like the pit or staffy.
>>
File: Capture.png (73 KB, 670x624) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
73 KB, 670x624
>>2159059
>>
>>2158726

We dont have alot of african american people in New Zealand, we have polynesians and the statistics regarding pitbulls/staffies and pitbull crosses are the same. They are dogs that bottom feeders, criminals and general scumbags are drawn to, theyre the toughest looking dog you can get for their budget and dont cost alot to feed.

Now give the same niggers and social reprobates something else which is hazardous like a firearm, vehicle or something like that and you also see statistics showing they cant be trusted to care for things and act appropriately with whatever it is they have.
>>
>>2157862
look at the post numbers you retard
this thread got moved here from /pol/
>>
>pitbulls are more likely to be aggressive and violent
>obviously some arent

>other breeds are less likely to be aggressive and violent
>obviously some are

fucking rocket science
if you have a pitbull thats fine, but dont pretend that they dont have problems with aggression (read: insatiable bloodlust)
>>
Pitbulls were created after Bull baiting was banned.

The working classes then fought dogs for entertainment and found that their bulldogs were getting chewed up by the working terriers as a bulldog will grip instead a terrier will give up a bite to get a better one and will use a ripping motion as it did on foxes, rabbits and badgers.

Eventually the terriers and the bulldogs were crossed giving the "bull terrier".

The bull terrier has never been a "nanny dog" as rescue groups will portray. Infact there are several period depictions of its aggressiveness towards dogs including a quote "the bull and terrier is more suited to a gentlemens companion rather than a females companion as it fights with other dogs".

This breed of dog is not a pet, was never meant to be and never will be suitable as a pet. It has been bred to be aggressive and tenacious and needs to be worked hard.
>>
>>2157984
I feel the same way about Muslims. And i am called a nut, my views are to radical apparently. The difference here is dogs are capable of change. Muslims not so much.
>>
>>2158275
Trump ain't the one pulling for a more Venezuela like country there slick. Might want to bone up on your politics.
>>
>>2158296
No it's not. You can literally swing a pitbull around on a rope as hard as you want and it ain't coming off

>>2158300
No, my step dad grew up with a pit bull that just naturally wanted to kill shit. And did.

>>2158302
Bulls or not, they were bred to kill. That's why they you shouldn't expose neck to them. All terriers were bred to kill

>>2158308
I ain't saying it's not possible for them to be friendly. In fact I consider evolution to be my favorite hobby and item of discussion. Therefore genetic variance, diversity and recessive genes as well as genes from the original version of dog (which humans eugenically selected from wolves to be peaceful and loving to the family, but violent and downright nasty to anything threatening the family) suggests that there will always be friendly pit bulls.

But the fact remains, they are a big ass, strong dog who've been engineered for killing non-family members. And whose reputation as a violent dog causes them to be a highly ranked choice by people who are looking for violent/intimidating dogs.

Therefore, be more careful around pitbulls than border collies
>>
>>2159781
For somebody claiming to know genes and evolution, you're quite uninformed. Pit bulls are not stranger aggressive, and are widely known as terrible guard dogs because of it. Even in their breed standard, any sign of aggression to strangers is a disqualification.

Temperament is part nature part nurture. APBTs are more prone to dog aggression than border collies, but if they were not properly trained to fight like a game bred dog, it won't do much but be a scuffle. Of course they could do damage to smaller dogs, but the tearing you see in dog fights are done by dogs bred and trained for it. Otherwise it's an instinct with no learned technique or behavior.

Finally, dogs have not been around for very long time in the grand scheme of things. Breeds of dogs have been around even shorter . It only takes a few generations of not being bred for a specific purpose, that the instinct begins to fade. If a border collie was bred to other border collies that did not have a strong sense of herding, and that string kept going, soon the resulting dogs won't have that instinct to herd. The same would happen to terriers and hounds and guardian dogs. The large majority of 'pit bulls' are not APBTs, or predominately any breed. They are mutts upon mutts.
>>
Pit bulls that have never been mistreated in their lives and have been trained according to best practices can still snap and maul a toddler. They're garbage dogs for garbage people.

Pit apologists come in to flavors, the alpha dudebro "I'm MAN enough to handle this dog and I'm totally not overcompensating for my own insecurities" and the pearl-clutching Facebook mom who posts nanny dog memes constantly.
>>
File: Resized_20160616_132946.jpg (924 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Resized_20160616_132946.jpg
924 KB, 1440x2560
Apparently my dog is 50% American staffordshire terrier and 50% golden retriever according to a DNA test.

Does that make her a pitbull?
>>
>>2159781
>No it's not. You can literally swing a pitbull around on a rope as hard as you want and it ain't coming off
This is because of stubbornness, not a "locking jaw". No dog has a locking jaw, this is a common misconception back in the day. An older generation that did not know any better would pass this misinformation down to a younger generation such as yourself. You have all the correct information at your fingertips, so there is no excuse or reason for you to continue to spread this myth.
>>
Working as animal control, I've met more aggressive labs, mastiffs, and chihuahuas than pitbulls. I can count the number of dangerous pitbulls I've come across on one hand.

The problem is the retarded ghetto fucks that don't understand basic pet care
>>
>>2159868
No.
>>
>>2159868
Yes.

In fact, some pure labs can be considered pitbulls in some jurisdictions.
>>
File: pitbull checklist.png (541 KB, 986x828) Image search: [Google]
pitbull checklist.png
541 KB, 986x828
I work at a shelter and have seen 32 out of 34 Pure bred GSDs be put down, 15 of which have their heads cut off due to biting so many people we had to send their head for rabies testing, because keeping them for observation would actually be a public health hazard. I have been attacked by a GSD once working at the shelter, and twice as a child. 3 of my coworkers were attacked by different GSDs at work, all had to go to the hospital. Yet GSDs are considered fucking godly. They are literally the worst dogs.

An American Bulldog severely wounded 4 of my coworkers and bit another 3. When the nurse was asking me questions, she asked what kind of dog it was. When I said American Bulldog, she wrote down pit bull. American Bulldog is not APBT, Staffordshire Terrier or Staffordshire Bull Terrier. She told me 'they're all the same'. That's like calling a boxer a pit bull. The GSD bites and attacks however were never reported. People are extremely ignorant about dogs, like most pets and most animals.

>>2159916
And they don't understand child care either. Like not leaving an infant alone with a playful puppy.

>>2159855
So can literally any dog. If it has teeth it can bite. It's dangerous and stupid to spread shit that people should only be wary of pit bulls.
>>
File: 20160702_203142.jpg (3 MB, 2896x2896) Image search: [Google]
20160702_203142.jpg
3 MB, 2896x2896
>>
>>2159059

oh look anecdotal evidence we can use this in court. oh wait.
>>
got a pitbull pup when he was arond 8 weeks. raised him around people and kids and other dogs.he never once acted aggressive but! he is VERY persistent and vocal to meet other people and animals. he will bark and pull to meet everything he can he is very curious.

5 years old next month, because hes 75 pounds and is still very playful i am protective over him. Fact is he is not aggressive at all but because he growls while playing people see it the wrong way. they do not understand dogs, they do not want to. My neighbors still are scared of him for really no reason. they even got a pitbull puppy once and i went over to show them how to handle it, they were amazed i was able to make the puppy sit, its called patience and persistence.

pitbulls arent aggressive they're defensive. if they feel someone is endagered the will react. the ice bucket challenge where they grandma got bit on the face, the dog bit her cuz the small kids were screaming next to her. The kid on the bicycle where the cat saved it from the pitbull, the pitbull was pulling the kid off the bike. some of you may know a few dogs who do not like children being picked up, or riding bikes. my dog dislikes both of these but never once would go kujo on anyone aside the 2 times he felt i was endangered. (middle of the night walks 2 different times i was approached on the street by someone who didnt greet me and came towards me in a fast manner, my dog saw and got defensive right away.

ive had a lasa opsa when i was a kid who was more aggressive then my pitbull now, fact is this, if you responsible, if you arent patient and if you arent willing to put effort into the dog and know the breed you have then dont get them. pitbulls are not lapdogs, they require time each day.
>>
>>2160060
if you ARE willing to put effort^ (typo) and sorry for the spelling

there are stories some people never hear about pitbulls, a rescued pitbull from the fighting pits once was adopted by a old lady, she collapsed on train tracks and the pit pulled her off before the train hit her, but sadly the pitbull lost one of its legs doing so.

the grandma and granddaughter walking in texas ran into a rattlesnake but their pitbull saw them in distress, and ran to help them, ended up getting bit but killed the rattle snake only to die later on from poison.

theres a youtube guy who does tarantulas who got a pitbull. when he was in his basement the dog kept barking to him and pulled him to his young sons room where his son caught his neck around the window blinds and was choking to death, ill post the video once i find it.

there are good and bad dogs of all breeds, but in the end it comes down to who raised them and how much care they really get. my pup drives me nuts sometimes with all his energy and i am protective of who walks him or meets him but its only cuz i ensure that he will never be put into a shitty situation. its called being a responsible dog owner.
>>
>>2160062
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7IwdFwIhv0
>>
>>2160054
not even close
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 800x820
>>2158275
>let trump is ebil maymay
>>
>>2160110
What, pitbulls aren't overhyped scarry doggos?
>>
File: jello pudding.jpg (290 KB, 926x897) Image search: [Google]
jello pudding.jpg
290 KB, 926x897
>>2160114
Does this look like a scary dog to you?

Pitbulls don't deserve the reputation they have. There's nothing wrong with them.
>>
>>2160125
Yes
Also they totally do, for being strong and mean.
>>
>>2160060
>The ice bucket challenge where they grandma got bit on the face, the dog bit her cuz the small kids were screaming next to her

A dog that is triggered to maul by kids screaming is a dangerous dog. It's not a normal dog. This would not happen with other dog breeds.
>>
File: pupperball.jpg (319 KB, 980x1303) Image search: [Google]
pupperball.jpg
319 KB, 980x1303
>>2160130
That's nonsense. Strong? Sure.

My pitbull doesn't have a mean bone in her body, though.
>>
>>2157771
>Would you put down a traumatized human. What if the human had violent tendencies?
>>
>>2160136
i cant agree with that. loud noises, screams, etc can always startle Any dog. as i noted pitbulls are more protective/defensive, think about fire works, when most dogs hear them they get nervous and introvert. yet a dog thats defensive will be startled and goes to natural instincts to defend its pack. but again it all goes back to how their raised. some may get used to random loud noises, some feels the emotion and excitment and act out against it. my niece and sister were just here and my dog was all over them happy to see them that he couldnt get enough of their attention but when my sister was on the phone yelling at her bf my dog layed on the couch whining until she finally got the phone.

atmosphere, emotion, any dog can be unpredictable.

and how would i know? i had a german shep. till iwas 7, a lasaopsa till iwas 17, my pit from 24 till now. ive met a man who raised 58 game pits, i met endless dog trainers cuz i was making sure mine had proper training and socializing, ive taken my dog to the park when he was under 8months old and let him interact and he never started a fight, but he got into one and the second i grabbed his collar and he saw me he instantly stopped where as the other dog who wasnt a pit, kept trying to fight.

people give Cesar millian a hard time about his methods but he is right, when a dog respects u and knows ur the leader they will listen.
>>
>>2160054
see i find it funny, some people who think banning guns is wrong and shit are the same ones who wants to ban a breed of dog cuz of irresponsible owners...irony.
>>
File: blue.jpg (141 KB, 1632x976) Image search: [Google]
blue.jpg
141 KB, 1632x976
the vicious pitbull

lol

in a world of people who complains about everything and need to let everyone know their gender identify and who cant handle being teased. you all believe whatever the hell u hear without owning the actual dog,and if u owned one and it acted out, then it didnt love or respect u cause you never will be a dog person. when people come over my house theres 2 reactions, scared or OMG! COME HERE BUDDY! and those who embrace my dog get unconditional love from him. those people who know how to handle a dog understand what the relationship really is.
>>
File: woof woof hi anon.jpg (262 KB, 938x1007) Image search: [Google]
woof woof hi anon.jpg
262 KB, 938x1007
>>2160144
This guy gets it.
>>
friendly reminder
>>
>>2160139

That's because it has lab bones.
>>
There's a reason why only white trash, ghetto people, and similar ilk own these dogs.
>>
>>2157771
>are pitbulls naturally violent dogs?

Yes, ticking timebombs
>>
>>2160125
Heh. But that's the point I'm trying to make. Pitbulls are easy to vilanize.
>>
>>2160141
Some US states still put down humans
>>
>>2158422
>making excuses for garbage dogs
>>
Why is everyone so up in arms about pit bulls and not German shepards? They have a very low bullshit tolerance. My local animal shelter used to have summer camps to teach kids about animals and to raise money for the shelter (it was staffed by volunteers). My mom let me go when I was 9.
Well, one day we had a police attack dog come to do a demonstration, with one officer being the handler and another being a "bad guy" who gets to wear a padded arm piece and get attacked. The officer bragged about how highly trained his canine was and how it would never bite unless he gave it the signal.
After the demo, all the kids got to line up and pet the dog. There were around 50 kids in line. I opted out, as I could see the dog getting visibly agitated with the kids. After a few dozen of them, one kid tried to hug the police dog and it lost it and bit him on the arm. It didn't hold on, but the kid had to go to urgent care. No idea why the officer didn't pick up on the dog's agitation.
I have other bad stories about German shepherds. Most involve buying drugs from black people who had abused them. Some are just sad stories.
>>
>>2157863

What is it with you people and pit bulls. I'm sure your dog is fine and you're not niggerish or anything but the law doesn't say colored people may only have pit bulls. Jesus I'll bet you eat fried chicken and everything too, it's like black people intentionally try to check off every stereotype that there is on the list, just to confound white people.
>>
>>2158025

Are you trying to force a meme or something?
>>
>>2158209

lipstick on a pig
>>
>>2158339
he entered the hound net just as his waifu before him.
>>
>>2160552
I had a black friend who I would fuck with because he tried to fit black stereotypes to a T.
>see he has orange Fanta case sitting in his room
>um, what is this?
>my soda?
>it's just weird because I don't normally see black people drinking that. Usually they drink purple Crush. And love Michael Jordan cologne
>next time I'm in his room, the case of Fanta is gone, replaced with grape Crush, and he smells like, you guessed it. Michael Jordan cologne, which I had just pulled out of my ass.
He later moved out to marry a fat, blonde, white woman.
>>
Typical pit bull owner...
https://youtu.be/36dk8wuGDAk
>>
>>2157771
yes
pitbulls are a disgusting breed for disgusting people
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 726x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 726x443
>THE CANINE OF PEACE STRIKES AGAIN
>>
File: 1448914781728.jpg (35 KB, 480x375) Image search: [Google]
1448914781728.jpg
35 KB, 480x375
>>2157863
>>
>>2157771
I used to be a huge supporter of pit bulls and firmly believed that it was the owner, not the breed. I lived with my friend a long time ago who lived on a farm with several animals, among them was an adopted pit bull. She was the favorite of all the pets and was so sweet, calm, and never showed any signs of aggression with any human or any of the animals. She was this way for years until she inexplicably snapped and killed one of the barn cats.

Before the cat haters spewing "cats are evil and probably did something to deserve it" swoop in, none of the cats ever paid hardly more than a glance to any of the other animals, let alone the pit bull, and the cat that was attacked was probably the shyest of the bunch and wouldn't just go and pick a fight.

If you immediately disregard because it was a cat, not long after this incident, the pit bull also broke into the pig pen and killed every single one of the pigs. This dog had no prior history of violence before the cat killing, no history of abuse, and was treated extremely well. There was no reason that this particular dog, out of the 7 or so dogs they had, would do these things. But she did, my friend no longer has her, and I don't look at pit bulls the same way.
>>
>>2160674
Is that really fair when pit bulls include 60 breeds and their breed mixes?
>>
>owning pets

are you guys fucking retarded?
>>
>>2158025
Um... anon...
>>
>>2160403
I still have yet to see a story like that where the owner isnt a redneck or nigger.
>>
Dindos of the animal world
>>
According to the training I had at work from Bulli Ray, pitts were historically bred to be aggressive towards animals but not people. That changed in the 80s when they became a trendy toy for gang bangers.
>>
>>2158903
Yeah Like the difference between white people and Caucasians
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.