[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bad Cages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: where i drown my hamsters.jpg (23 KB, 425x374) Image search: [Google]
where i drown my hamsters.jpg
23 KB, 425x374
ITT: Worst cages for any small animal.

Such as a rat, a mouse, a hamster, a gerbil...

I'll start.

This fucking piece o' shit monstrosity is as big as a fucking hamster itself, and a rat couldn't fit in this piece of shit.

The only use for this puny thing is filling it up with rubber and using it as a fleshlight. It's about the size of the average dick, after all.

So, what are some of the worst cages you've seen?

(If it's for something other than a small rodent, please specify)
>>
>>2157044
Has it occurred to you that the vessel is shaped like a bus, implying that it's meant to temporarily be used for transfer of the animal between owners?
>>
>>2157055
Trust me.

There's some dimwit that will use this as a permanent cage.

People have used kritter keepers before.
>>
File: HPIM3384_crop.jpg (130 KB, 841x550) Image search: [Google]
HPIM3384_crop.jpg
130 KB, 841x550
>>2157058
They're just little things though. How much space could one hamster need?
>>
>>2157063

360 square inches in America, 589 sqin in Europe, 1 fuckton in Germany.
>>
File: bettaprison.jpg (31 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
bettaprison.jpg
31 KB, 350x350
the standard for I think maybe they most abused animal currently in pet trade.
>>
>>2157072
I had one of those not too long ago.

Why the fuck do I ever get Betta fish? My brother keeps pushing me into this shit.

Fucking GARDENING is more fun then caring for Bettas.

(Then again, gardening gets you food- weak fish don't.)
>>
>>2157044
I think you're supposed to use those plastic tubes to attach it to the main cage. So it's like a den or a bedroom.

It's actually pretty cute.
>>
>>2157084
Like I said, that's probably what you're supposed to do, but trust me. There are some idiots that won't.
>>
>>2157058
>>2157090
>axes are terrible things that shouldn't exist
>yeah, you're supposed to use them to cut down trees and shit, but
>trust me
>there's some sick sadistic fuck out there using one to chop his wife and kids to bits
>ban axes.
>>
>>2157092
I didn't say we should ban this thing.

I'm just saying it would work as a bad hamster cage.
>>
File: 84287171[1].jpg (80 KB, 492x559) Image search: [Google]
84287171[1].jpg
80 KB, 492x559
>>2157094
>hey look at this thing
>it would be bad if someone used the thing as it was not intended

you are really smart and correct. big claps for the namefag. good job. we are all very proud of how smart and right you are.
>>
File: Large+Aquarium+Betta+Keeper.jpg (60 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Large+Aquarium+Betta+Keeper.jpg
60 KB, 400x400
>>2157072
>1 gallon
>power filter
>lamp
Aniki are you even trying?
http://www.wayfair.com/Lees-Aquarium-and-Pet-Large-Aquarium-Betta-Keeper-Aquarium-Tank-19535-QBL1050.html
>>
>>2157160

I know it gets worse. I posted that one because it has the appearance of a proper tank but is still terribly small garbage. It seems to me like something a pet store would push as a "good" option.
>>
>>2157169
I do love that the product description says it's for goldfish too.
>>
Googling "coffee pot fish bowl" brings up a ridiculous amount of pics like this. I hate people who who try to house fish in unusual and "creative" bowls
>>
File: keychain.jpg (45 KB, 590x443) Image search: [Google]
keychain.jpg
45 KB, 590x443
>>2157334
It does look cool, though.

Anyway I think I win for the worst.
>>
File: turtles.jpg (43 KB, 487x364) Image search: [Google]
turtles.jpg
43 KB, 487x364
>>2157336
Didn't think I'd ever seen something so doomed before.
>>
>>2157336
I'm going to assume China is responsible for this.
>>
>>2157336

DELETE THIS
>>
I had a little starter tank when I was a kid. You know those really fucking cheap ones made of 100% plastic and built in decorations? It was moon based or something like that. I put a couple mollys in it and later tetras and every single one would get caught between the plastic side and the built in decorations and die.

>>2157336
My bro jacked two turtle key chains in China Town and released them from their doom. He still has those RES.
>>
China is cancer in every imaginable way
>>
>>2157342
>hurr durr let me put sum turtles that aren't supposed to be in my environment in da water
>b free turdles!11! ;_;7
kill yourself
>>
>>2157354
you dip
he said that his friend still has the turtles
>>
>>2157354
>He still has those RES.
are you retarded?
>>
>>2157336
>>2157338
What the fuck, are these live animals? Intended to be kept in these sealed baggies? That's horrific...

Who would even buy one of these? It's pretty obvious the animals will be dead within days.
>>
>>2157336
Y'know, I had managed to completely forget about this, and then you had to go and remind me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU1XGXMELyw
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.