[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my mom found this little guy around 7AM and now it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_0743.jpg (1008 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0743.jpg
1008 KB, 3264x2448
So my mom found this little guy around 7AM and now it's 7:52PM and he's still there, has been dry at least since she first saw him. Is he fucked? I just poured some water on him but he doesn't really react from me touching him so my hopes aren't really up. Can he recover? There's a pond like 4 feet away from where he is, should I put him in or will he drown if he's immobile?
>>
>>2156183
It is a toad. They like to live in crevices like that. He is happy as long as his little hidey hole is shady. It'll most likely come out later tonight to feast on bugs.
>>
Leave it alone. It's just a fucking frog.
>>
>>2156183
>pouring water
>on a toad

>>2156190
not a frog
>>
>>2156190
>>2156192
I was worried because I google'd 'do frogs need to be wet' and the first thing that came up was a FAQ about frogs and it said they need to stay wet
>>
>>2156183
what the fuck is wrong with faggots thinking every animal they come across needs to be saved?

He's doing just fine where he is and he's there because that's where he wanted to be. Animals are extremely capable when it comes to living.

And if it dies then other animals will eat it and thrive. It's nature faggot.
>>
>>2156183
Leave it alone
It's a fledgling and its parents are probably around and will take care of it until it learns how to fly
>>
>>2156195
I expect toads to fucking flee the fuck out of the situation if I touch them. You can't think that's such a ridiculous thing to think
>And if it dies then other animals will eat it and thrive
Going on a whim here but I think the things that would eat it are probably less beneficial than the toad
>>
>>2156193
Silly op. Is toad, not froggy. Toads stay dry.
>>
>>2156199
Toads don't act in the way you think they do faggot. Children around the fucking world catch them easily and put them in their pockets. odds are it's associated humans as non threats and if you were going to harm it, it would fucking know.

>beneficial than the toad
What kind of fucking benefits does a toad provide? Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>2156203
http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/beneficial/how-to-attract-toads.htm
>Attracting toads is the dream of many gardeners. Having toads in the garden is very beneficial as they naturally prey on insects, slugs and snails, up to 10,000 in a single summer. Having a resident toad keeps the pest population down and reduces the need for harsh pesticides or labor intensive natural controls. Let’s take a look at how to attract toads to your garden.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Toads In The Garden – How To Attract Toads http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/beneficial/how-to-attract-toads.htm
Literally the first thing that came up from googling 'are toads beneficial'
>>
>>2156183
you realize a toad doesn't live in water right? That they don't even need to be anywhere near standing water. That common toads, like a common grey frog, have completely dry skin.

You're like those fucking retard that throw tortoises into water.

Are you ten?
>>
man you guys sure are short for a bunch of animal lovers
>>
>>2156205
I have yet to meat a single person that seeks out toads for their gardens. And I live in a fucking farming town in the midwest with several large gardens. Some for flowers and some for veggies. Never in my life have I tried to "attract toads" to a garden and rarely see them if at all.

The kind of insects that destroy plants aren't going to be eaten in enough numbers for toads to fucking matter. Seriously, what the fuck. Do you grow anything yourself? Do you have a garden? Do you honestly think toads are going to make a difference in a garden?

That's some reaching.
>>
>>2156210
maybe people that love animals and nature know best than to not fuck with them. Mayybeee just leaving animals alone is for the best and when dipshits try to "help" they are often doing the complete opposite.

Especially when the person trying to help doesn't even know what a fucking toad is.
>>
>>2156211
My father has been on the local news for his community garden plots and occasionally updates me on the toad status in them (4) when we talk.
>>
>>2156248
Then you should know that you don't put fucking water on toads you lying shit
>>
>>2156206
Toads are still amphibians and need moisture or they die. Unlike tortoises, they're also all perfectly capable of swimming, and will do so to stay moist and to lay eggs.

They do however retain moisture better than other amphibians, and will stay on dry land for extended periods, so long as they don't dry out completely.
>>
File: XMwQi3g.jpg (57 KB, 1024x686) Image search: [Google]
XMwQi3g.jpg
57 KB, 1024x686
derpa herpa toads hate water!!1
>>
>>2156190
REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2156210
Animal lovers are always hate freaks and psychos. Why do you think they direct their feeling toward animals in the first place? They are projecting their loneliness and pity on animals and sincere prefer other humans to suffer then see any harm to an animal.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.