[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My family's chocolate lab puppy is beginning to associate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: puppers.jpg (120 KB, 736x1036) Image search: [Google]
puppers.jpg
120 KB, 736x1036
My family's chocolate lab puppy is beginning to associate peeing on the floor inside with "oh boy, now they're going to let me out". What can I do to make sure he knows inside bad, outside good.
>>
He'll pee a little inside, go outside and only play. Then he'll come in and pee again.
>>
>>2155822
Time for spankies.
>>
>>2155822
Ignore him. Honestly, with my 10 week old puppy I just ignored her when she peed inside usually as long as it took to clean up the mess. When she was that old I knew she could hold it for two-three hours so i'd just clean it up then take her out just before the next time I knew she had to pee. Keep some enzyme-based cleaner handy and just clean up the spills as they go. At least distract the dog until you can be sure they won't associate pee inside with "out". You gotta expect accidents at this age even with due dillegence. Treat when puppy pees and poops outside. Don't yell or give the puppy aaanny attention if they pee inside. You can pick them up calmly and lock them somewhere (like a crate) just don't call them to attention.
>>
>>2155862
Thanks man. The issue was probably that my family would run up to the puppy as its peeing and shout "nonono we potty outside" then take him out.
>>
File: puop.png (2 MB, 861x1108) Image search: [Google]
puop.png
2 MB, 861x1108
>>2155822
Cute as fuck, OP

Take a lot of pictures, they grow up fast
>>
Use a strong pee pad
>>
>>2155822
an will hate you for this and say it doesn't work

but if you grab him shove his nose in it and spank his bottom then clean it up and don't let him out

he will quickly associate bad things happen when i piss inside

also this method is tried and true and been done for hundreds if not thousands of years

i can already feel /an/ seething
>>
>>2155822
Used pee pads and had a dog door, then moved pee pads outside, then no more pee pads.
>>
>>2157390
http://www.petful.com/behaviors/rubbing-dogs-nose-in-pee/
>>
>>2157447
>seething

i don't even have to open the link to know your seething

worked on every dog i owned and that my family has owned
>>
>>2157454
His seething what?
>>
>>2157454
>Make uninformed and verifiably false claim
>Gets his claim challenged by someone posting a reputable source
>LOL U MAD

ok

ok
>>
>>2157462
>>2157457
>seething

hahahahhahahahahahhaa some petblog being a reputable source my sides i looked at it

and its headline was >ANIMUL CRULTY IF YOU PUSH A DOGS NOSE INTO ITS PISS
>>
>>2157390

Wrong.

>b-b-but it worked for me

No. You're a shit owner and do not understand how dog training works.
>>
>>2157490
hahhahaha sure m8 and you do?

shits thats tried and true and worked for hundred of years over psuedo science bullshit from a blog lol
>>
Flick his nose every time he pees inside, don't do it when he pees outside.
>>
>>2155822
>inferior chocolate lab

That's your problem OP

Nah but really that's a cute pupper, good luck with training it. I have a golden retriever who would do the same thing for a while, but my parents were so shit at training it while I was off at school. Doesn't know to not jump on people and stay away from the dish washer for that exact reason, annoys the hell out of me.
>>
>>2157457
lol
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.