[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where can I get a hedgehog in Chattanooga TN?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: babyhedgehog.jpg (59 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
babyhedgehog.jpg
59 KB, 500x366
where can I get a hedgehog in Chattanooga TN?
>>
Look up breeders in your area. There are also some breeders that will ship them to you. Keep in mind that hedgehogs are expensive pets. I also wouldnt recommend pet stores (most pet stores dont sell them anyway) as animals from there are typically inbred and have tons of health issues.
>>
The Chattanooga choo choo doesn't bring any?
>>
>>2155198
they're are two breeders about an hour away from me. I don't mind driving that far but I wana know what to expect with owning a hedgehog aswell
>>
File: IMG_20160625_211643.jpg (2 MB, 2304x2880) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160625_211643.jpg
2 MB, 2304x2880
>>2155211
They are nocturnal animals so be prepared to hear them running on their wheel all night (wheels are necessary). They are also very docile animals, and only huff (puff out their quills) when they are scared or mad. You'll wanna handle them often in order to make them friendly and not scared of everything. They rarely ever bite, but if you have any food on your hands, they may test nibble you to see if you are food, but it doesnt hurt. They lick before they bite, so you should have good warning. They dont smell either, and can be trained to use a little box. They also need the temperature in their cage to be between 75 and 80 degrees fahrenheit, so if its cold where you are, itd be a good idea to get a heat lamp. They need exercise, so in addition to a wheel, id be a good idea to take them out and let them walk around your house or outside, supervised of course. You can feed them cat food, but they also like fruits, veggies, cooked meat and eggs (unseasoned) and bugs. Look up a list of what they can and cannot eat. You must also be willing to clip their nails and bathe them once a month. If you are planning on getting more than one, get females. Dont house 2+ males together and dont house a male and female together unless they are fixed. Look up exotic vets in your area too, as its important to take them to the vet in case of emergencies. Hedgehogs typically live 3-8 years (i think the average is 5)

Breeders should also give you plenty of information

Heres a picture of my hedgehog
>>
>>2155211
Skittish, can be spooked to death, hardly friendly, not as cute as they seem are some of the things I've heard.
You would have to change a lot of things and I'm sure it would inconvenience you having to tiptoe around the house.
>>
>>2155220
that's alot of great info. thanks anon. cute Hedie too. Will they sit still while you hold them? or do they run around alot?
>>
>>2155223
It depends on the hedgehog, as each one is different. I have 2 hedgehogs and the one pictured (her name is salt) is very very docile and loves to cuddle with me. She'll just snuggle up to me while i work and fall asleep. She also love to be pet. My other one (her name is pepper) is a lot more high energy and prefers to explore and run around the house rather than just relax with me. They are both very friendly though
>>
>>2155226
should I get one when it's a baby?
>>
>>2155253
Id recommend it. That way you can make sure that its taken care of properly and doesnt develop any behavioral issues, as sometimes adults come from people who give them up because of their temperament from not being handled enough or cared for incorrectly
>>
>>2155257
alright. Thanks mate.
>>
>>2155198

You just missed Repticon coming through the middle-TN area. They always have some hedgehogs. I think it was in Franklin last week.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.