[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My roommate and I take care of a stray cat in our culdesac. He's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 20160625.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
20160625.webm
3 MB, 640x360
My roommate and I take care of a stray cat in our culdesac. He's totally blind but knows his way around pretty well, almost as if he had eyesight. This morning when I went out to feed him I noticed that he walked with a limp in his right hind leg. I beckoned him closer and he quietly meowed a lot, rubbing my legs.
I've only recently moved in about a month ago, but I've never noticed this and I doubt it's something I've overlooked since it's so obvious. He also seems very very skinny, but afaik he's always been like that no matter how much we feed him. For reference, I can easily feel his ribs when I put my hand on his side and his hip bone is really apparent when he walks.

Is there anything I should/can do? I'm considering taking him to a vet but I've never done that before and since he's a stray I'm afraid that they either can't or won't treat him, or since he looks kinda old they might choose to put him down.

webm related, it's him.
>>
>>2154374
If you are serious you can try to use a de-worming medicine and just put it in a can or just half a can of wet food just make sure it eats it all. But if you really want to help the cat is to take it in and keep it indoors and get it all cleaned up. It'll appreciate the environment change since and it'll actually be safe.
>>
>>2154374
>>2154377
Forgot to add, the cat in that webm is limping with its hind leg turned out to the side a bit. It looks as if it got hit by a car or has an infection in the hip or something.
>>
File: 20160625.jpg (779 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20160625.jpg
779 KB, 1280x720
>>2154377
>>2154379
Thanks for the reply. I'll look into deworming medicine.

What I really wanna do though is take him to a vet so I know exactly what's going on and how to help, but since I have no prior experience with vets I don't know if I'll go through all the trouble just to end up with either a shrug or an expensive bill over a cat I don't even own.

I'd consider taking him in but my roommate's parents own the duplex apartment we live in and I've been told that she has incredibly strict ban on pets, i.e. not even allowed to have a lizard. Her mom's pretty overbearing and apparently doesn't trust her with pets. On the other hand, they allowed my three snakes to stay since I guess I'm trustworthy. Maybe if I pressed hard enough I could convince them that he's "my" cat, but I feel like that's kinda pushing it.

Have another pic, it's him on the porch outside my bedroom sliding door. He tends to gravitate around our porch and building a lot, probably due to the blindness and how we feed him.
>>
>>2154392
You can call vets and explain the situation before you bring him in. They usually require appointments anyways. Ask what the office visit alone would cost. They will not be able to give you any idea of costs over the phone without examining the cat.
>>
>>2154411
You could also try to call the Humane Society. They may be willing to come oiut and get him and provide medical care.
>>
>>2154414
>stray
>blind
>gimp leg
Instant euthanize.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.