[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Long story short I'm taking over care of my a guinea pig
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: black_guinea_pig.jpg (103 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
black_guinea_pig.jpg
103 KB, 800x522
Long story short I'm taking over care of my a guinea pig because it's owner doesn't treat it right, and I was wondering if anyone knew a good place online to buy cages and or cage parts because as of now it's living in a cage entirely too small, barley big enough for a Syrian Hamster. Also, I apparently need to get it another guinea of the same sex, but how would I go about getting them to be friendly? I've never owned one before, and would like some advice if anyone is willing.

I'm also in the US, so a lot of those good rodent online stores won't ship to me.
>>
>>2154156
get a pen, not a cage
>>
>>2154165
Yeah, didn't necessarily mean cage. Found a nice 30x55ish for about 70, but I'm wondering if I can find one cheaper
>>
make a cage yourself out of interlocking wire cubes. Cheaper and you can make it look however you want

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/grid-wire-modular-shelving-and-storage-cubes/1016719773?skuId=16719773&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_storage_&adpos=1o1&creative=43742658229&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&product_id=16719773&gclid=CPOa-8_mws0CFYwlgQodhnACSw
>>
>>2154175
Holy shit, I appreciate it
>>
>>2154176
no prob. Always happy to help a cavy
>>
>>2154176

You will want to put together a liner for that of corrugated plastic (coroplast). Home Depot type stores sell it in large sheets.

There is lots of info and instructions available online about this style of piggy enclosure. Search 'cubes and coroplast' guinea pig cage. People get pretty elaborate with these things.
>>
>>2154265
Thanks, man
>>
>>2154156
Do you know if it's a female or male guinea pig? An easy way to check is to lift it up and apply a little pressure to its lower abdomen. When you introduce guinea pigs to each other make sure it's on "neutral" territory where neither of them have been there before and a bowl of food. When I first introduced my guinea pigs my older female ignored the younger female and once put together in the same enclosure theyve been getting along very well.
>>
You could inquire about finding a friend for your piggy at a local guinea pig rescue. There's a good number of guinea pig rescues across the united states so hopefully there is one near you. Please update us with news and pictures of your happy piggies! And thank you OP for saving this little guy.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.