[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Family pet neglect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Cat_November_2010-1a.jpg (3 MB, 1795x2397) Image search: [Google]
Cat_November_2010-1a.jpg
3 MB, 1795x2397
Hey /an/. I'm really frustrated right now so I thought I'd try and get some of this off my chest and make a thread for those with similar stories.

My family's 16 year old cat is dying. They left him alone without a sitter for a week then came back on Sunday and noticed he hadn't eaten at all. Now its Tuesday, he's completely collapsed and will probably die in a few hours but they still refuse to take him to the vet to end his suffering. I've offered to pay for the euthanasia as soon as I found out but they refused. I live hundreds of miles away and wouldn't make it in time to take him even if they would let me. I feel so helpless. This isn't even the first childhood pet I've had to hear died an agonizing death because of their ignorance and selfishness and I'm just so angry.

I'll miss you buddy. Pic looks like him when he was younger and healthy.
>>
I'm sorry anon l hope you feel better
>>
>>2151563
Your cat definitely won't.
>>
Same with me, my mother wouldn't let me buy crickets for my fish once making it starve (it was a killifish). My dad was working at construction longer than usual and didn't come home until 3 hours after he died. My dad was a chill guy and would take me out to buy the crickets.

Also, i noticed in all these stories it almost always is the mother's or sibling's fault.
>>
Update?
>>
You should steal it, get it to vet and get it done
>>
I've know plenty of family and friends pets dying horribly, unfortunately. Usually it's because 'we can't afford it's(which USUALLY means 'i don't want to spend the money) or something about letting them die 'naturally' whether or not they are less than a year old.

Most recently had a good but selfish intention.. a dog that became suddenly paralyzed. They DID spent hundreds of dollars and raised even more, but ultimately the vets had no idea what the fuck was happening and they continued to 'not give up on get' despite she couldn't even move. She died and they did pay for the autopsy that had inclusive results. It was most likely a neurological issue and she was just under a year old but I can't help but feel mixed about it. I respect the whole 'quaility of life' thing but at the same time I worked my ass off and also relied on the help of others(and the vet) to save my friend of 10 years when she needed a life saving surgery. Antibiotics were an 'option' but if the vet didn't allow me a payment plan, I would have put her down because I already felt like it wasn't worth her pain. I've told the story many times here but goddamn is it important to just shill out the $60 or so bucks to get your pet spayed instead of ending up with a 2k debt and causing your pet the suffering when their uterus almost fucking explodes.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.