[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any advice on how to help this stray cat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: stray cat.jpg (1 MB, 1909x1080) Image search: [Google]
stray cat.jpg
1 MB, 1909x1080
Hey /an/, I'm just looking for a little advice. There is a young cat I've been feeding for about a month. I live in a ghetto townhouse apartment complex, one of my neighbors obviously threw this little fella in the woods behind our complex.

He doesn't know how to hunt, tried to use my cat's litter box, and obviously hates living outside.

I feed him both morning and night. But really, the little guy just wants love. He sleeps outside my front and back door when people aren't around.

I love up on him every day cause he's a sweetheart. But I don't want him. I have a cat who has tried to kill him twice and my roommate is an asshole who definitely won't let him in the house. I have tried to get him a home with friends, co-workers, strangers on craigslist. Sadly, he wants is to live in my house and have me love him.

The question: Shall I.....
A) continue to feed him while simultaneously breaking his heart and possibly keeping his life in danger (I live in the hood & have stopped the a neighbor from throwing rocks at him and then stop some neighborhood kids chasing him with a knife, literally).

or B) Take him the the local animal control who will put him in a cage all day for god knows how long until he either finds a loving family or gets put down.

What's a girl to do?

>pic related, it's the stray kitty.
>>
What a cute baby. Now I'm sad and must cuddle with my own.

Please take this cat. If you can't rehome it, take it to a shelter. Do not give away to strangers for free because they just want to torture baby kitty. I learned that while living in the ghetto, too.

You know, most cats hate other cats when they first meet. That's why you are supposed to do a slow encounter (first exchange scents, then clothing, food bowls, etc). Your kitty might like this little baby, especially if you get him fixed before he becomes a big kitty. If you seriously can't keep it, take him to a shelter.
>>
>>2150882
Thank you for your advice. I just know the whole situation breaks my heart. And you're absolutely correct about craigslist. Some super sketch dude tried to get this little guy for what I was sure was nefarious reasons.
>>
>>2150889
I know it's tough. If you seriously can't do it, take him to a shelter. He's young, tiny, and adorable. He'll be snatched up quick. Shelters run promotions all the time to get cats out of there. He's not old so he won't be sitting for a long time. Trust me, they don't put down cats for a long time in shelters unless there is something wrong. The last time I went to the shelter, there was an eighteen year old cat in there, looking for a home. Yeah, he was probably going to die in that cage. But that kitten in the next cage? He had an "I'm taken" sticker on the door.

So while this little guy isn't a kitten, he is so tiny and cute and he will be picked up by someone. You can still consider keeping him or finding a friend/coworker, but definitely take him to the shelter if you can't do either of those options. Good luck deciding! I have two older cats from the shelter and two young cats I've picked up off the street and they all get along as well as cats do. I also had another one I had from the street but I rehomed her since I can't do more than four cats (personal limit).
>>
Send me your cat ill take care of it.
>>
>>2150879
Take the cat in, get rid of your roommate if necessary. Don't forget to call the police on your rock throwing/knife wielding neighbors at every chance you get.
>>
Try doing some research on no-kill rescues and shelters in your area. You can't really help the cage part if you give him up, but you can at least ensure he won't be euthanized for any reason other than severe illness/aggression.
>>
Try some old people homes. Sometimes they'll take in pets for therapy for the people.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.