[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay so I've got 4 chicks and 3 of them look like the one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 20160619_180107.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160619_180107.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
Okay so I've got 4 chicks and 3 of them look like the one on the left with no large red crests on their head. Just small yellow ones.

This one lil baby has big red flaps and crest growing every day. Is it a rooster? If so I will be quite upset because my township jas laws against owning loud rooster and ive become quite attached.

So my question is is this just a chicken with different features or possibly more mature (not the biggest btw)?

Will post close ups.
>>
File: 20160619_180134.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160619_180134.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
This is the chicken in question. Another one got in the shot for good comparison.

Another reason I can't get rid of it is that I've been led to believe that the chickens are the heir to a large fortune, but only if all four are together to claim it.

But that's a story for another time and place.
>>
are they all the same age?
>>
>>2149962
The one on the right in this pic is definitely a male, given they're both the same age
>>
yes, it's a rooster
>>
Usually you only have to get rid of roos when a neighbor complains. You may be able to befriend or bribe them so they don't tattle. Good luck! ;)

Last resort you could castrate him before he fully matures. He won't crow if you do. And it also makes them delicious...but i am assuming he isn't a meat bird
>>
>>2149998
Forgot to mention, i think it is very unethical to do that, but it works. My grandfather was a farmer and had 100s of chickens...several times
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.