[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point have you reasonably made an attempt to contact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: balinese_dreamstime_s_8483655.jpg (91 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
balinese_dreamstime_s_8483655.jpg
91 KB, 800x533
Let me begin. Nearly all of my pets throughout the years have been strays, feral, or unwanted pets, ESPECIALLY my cats. A very, very pretty girl showed up at my house about a month a half ago. I'm thinking she's a Balinese, and one of the sweetest little things that has wandered into my yard in awhile. Very obvious this cat is a stray, very friendly right off the bat, but I go on a week long camping trip. I come back, she's still there. I have fed her for a month since then, bonded with her mainly in the last 2-3 weeks. She is desperate for attention and no problems petting/holding her. I took her to a personal friend/vet and had her scanned, she's chipped. Such relief that I may find her home, (I imagine how I would feel if she was my lost baby.) Anyways, phone # is disconnected and her owner no longer lives at the listed address. She turns out to be a 14-16 year old adopted from my city shelter in 2002, listed as 0-2 years old, no name documented and lives 2 miles from my house. Her owner also has the name of a very elderly gentleman, not a SINGLE hit on google, no facebook. I'm still thinking in my head "maybe she was taken in by the relatives family that lives nearby" etc. The chip company has a two week hold on the chip re-registration. Have I made a reasonably attempt to find the owners? I just keep thinking if it was my cat I've had 12 years and this happened, say I lost the chip paperwork and couldnt contact the place. Pls help.
>>
OP here.

Some info I forgot.

Like I said she is very obviously an indoor cat, balinese/himaleyan/siamese. BUT, she is matted and has a few battle scars from fights, signs she's been outside for awhile.
>>
Fuck 'em, she's your cat now.
>>
Maybe ask around the area that was listed on the address. The owner may have put up missing posters with updated contact info in nearby stores.

I lost my ragdoll cat when I was in high school. We were moving out of state and he got outside while we were moving furniture a week before we had to leave. We put up posters but never heard anything. I hope he found a good home at least.
>>
>>2149207
If you want, put something up on CL with found cat. Maybe fliers too. But other than going door to door idk what else you could do
>>
>>2149207
Nah, it's fine. A cat needs a home.
>>
>>2149207
Maybe the owner died?
>>
Maybe try contacting the shelter that initially adopted the cat out? I actually work for a microchip company and if the info on file seems to be outdated we'll check with the implant facility.

I'd also suggest asking around the vets in the area to see if they recognize her or the owners name
>>
>>2149445
I was already thinking that or he got put in a home.

>>2149459
Yeah, she was adopted from the City pound so they had the same info the chip company had. Also no attempts have been made with the chip company about finding her or that she's even missing.
>>
Put some "found cat" posters on the neighborhood but with no picture so that faggots won't come to you just because the cat is very pretty. If this doesn't work, for me she's yours.
>>
>>2149207
Go old school, look through phone books (up to date or otherwise), see if the person listed still lives in the general area. If you can't find them after that, then fuck it, free to good home.
>>
Sounds highly probable owner was elderly and is most likely dead. You have extended a more than reasonable effort to locate them. We're talking about a cat, not a kid. You are not obligated nor should the burden be on you to conduct a CSI investigation to locate the owner who is either (A) dead (B) Discarded her for some reason or another.
>>
Post the number. Or at least do a reverse phone number search.
>>
>>2149294
This.

This is how I've always felt picking up cats off the streets. One of my cats I found outside when it was -10F. She obviously used to be someone's cat but if they wanted her, they shouldn't have let her out, especially with those weather conditions.

You did a lot more work than you needed to. She's yours. Enjoy her while she lives her elderly years.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.