[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I have a problem. I have almost 50+ baby fulica running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 1280x720
Guys I have a problem. I have almost 50+ baby fulica running around.

I've kept snails for over ten years and I have NEVER had this happen.
Whenever my gals have eggs I carefully remove the eggs, place them in a tub and stick them in the freezer for at least 48hrs then put the unhatched eggs out for the birds. I generally catch the eggs within 24hrs of being laid.

Well this time I popped them in the freezer for just over two days, grabbed them out and left them on the side to defrost before I put them out for the birds and forgot about them for a few weeks due to other life stresses.

Today half of them had hatched. They had frost on them when they came out my freezer and now they're sticking tiny eyeballs out everywhere. What the actual fuck is going on and what do I do with them?!
>>
nuke the entire site from orbit. fuck those things are creepy.
>>
>>2148969
Kept snails for 10 years?
Not sure what to do now?

How is that even possible man?
>>
>>2148972
Well actually they are going for the long sleep but I'm actually more concerned about how the fuck this happened.
>>
>>2148976
I do not have the answers you seek friend.
>>
>>2148976
48 hours is only the LD50, about half of your eggs survive each time you do it. You don't notice because they get eaten by birbs b4 they can hatch.

keep breeding the ones that survive until you have a super-icy sniles to release in the Antarctica.
>>
>>2148979
I'm not sure how much of this is nonsense but I was thinking of keeping a couple to see if they're a bit hardier. They're already hybrids and bastards.
>>
>>2148985
my first guess would be that the ones you breed will be larger just because larger eggs take longer to freeze and animals born of larger eggs are usually also larger.
>>
ITT: OP breeds a master race of aryan supersnails

OP and his Waffen-Snailstaffel will spare you in the coming purge, but only if you post a "Viel Glück, Schneckeführer" in this thread
>>
>>2148992
If any survive I know what I'm naming them...
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.