[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now I understand why people go birdwatching. It's Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: 1271018552825.png (388 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1271018552825.png
388 KB, 1920x1200
Now I understand why people go birdwatching. It's Pokemon for adults. Learning all the names, the colors and patterns, then finally taking your guide book/pokedex out into the wild and trying to find some.

Before I could never understand what people see in birds, but I get it now. It's not even about the birds themselves, it's the thrill of the chase and the moment you see something new for the first time and can identify it, and when you see something truly rare. I went birdwatching yesterday for the first time and had a lot of fun.
>>
it's not "pokemon for adults", it's pokemon for the non-retarded. you're mentally handicapped.
>>
>It's not even about the birds themselves

get out
>>
>>2148691
bruv. insects.

The inventor was literally an entomotmotomologist.
>>
Yeah I noticed the similarities when I was out a while back too.

It's not the same though
>>
File: mystery bird.jpg (188 KB, 835x727) Image search: [Google]
mystery bird.jpg
188 KB, 835x727
>>2149056
Well the birds play a big role and I'm sure a lot of people love them, but like >>2149636 said it could be insects too. Just so you're out tracking something.

I went out again today. I have a mystery bird I can't identify. It didn't stay long so this was the only picture I got. It looked all black except for the back of its head and down the back of its neck which looked yellow. Part of it is obscured because of a leaf here, but I think it connected and wasn't two separate yellow spots. The face looks like a grosbeak but it doesn't have enough yellow or any white markings to be a Black-headed Grosbeak, unless it's a really young form. Any ideas? I'm in Oregon btw.
>>
>>2149789
Looks like a normal ass black headed grosbeak to me
>>
>>2149794
Yeah, I can't come up with anything better but I don't see the resemblance. There's barely any yellow on mine, like none on the underside. There were a lot out that did look like pic related though.
>>
>>2149800
get your eyes checked, that shit is in the picture. and quit calling buff yellow
>>
File: 2013-03-20_17-28-25_992.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
2013-03-20_17-28-25_992.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>2149838

Why so angry? Have a happy kitty pic.
>>
>>2148695
>it's pokemon for the non-retarded
Fucking everyone plays pokemon, m8. Bird watching is a weird niche hobby for cucked white suburban dads
>>
>>2150165
>Bird watching is a weird niche hobby for cucked white suburban dads

You're not a birder, are you?
>>
File: dunno.jpg (455 KB, 1818x1016) Image search: [Google]
dunno.jpg
455 KB, 1818x1016
Hey bird bros, I'm back and got another one I can't figure out. I don't have an ID book yet, I'm just using the Audubon site and Google, but I went through the brochure of the nature park and this doesn't look like anything listed in there.

Looks like the top of the head has a grey/black streak down the middle and red spots on each side, white blobs on the cheeks, and a black "beard". All three pics are the exact same bird in different light and angles. The top right looks woodpeckery but the other two don't, so I don't think it is one. It was sitting near a bunch of swallows but it doesn't look at all like a cliff or barn swallow since they both have different light patches on their foreheads. Any ideas?
>>
File: house_sparrow[1].jpg (39 KB, 450x297) Image search: [Google]
house_sparrow[1].jpg
39 KB, 450x297
>>2151447
I think it's a house sparrow. Never mind guys, unless I'm wrong. Pic is what I base it off of.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.