[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would win in a 1 on 1 fight, a lion or a silverback gorilla?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: XPWjmAG.jpg (451 KB, 2391x1440) Image search: [Google]
XPWjmAG.jpg
451 KB, 2391x1440
Who would win in a 1 on 1 fight, a lion or a silverback gorilla?
>>
Is this a joke? The gorilla. A lion can't kill shit with even a slight degree of defensive capability.
>>
>>2147796
The silverback lion, it's OP as fuck.
>>
>>2147796
Are you joking? How is this even a competition? Even if the lion ambushed the gorilla the gorilla simply swings its arm at the lion and shatters its bones.
>>
>>2147796
Why does that gorilla have gold teeth?
>>
troll thread
>>
>>2147796
ask the kid's parents
>>
>>2148071
the better to bite you with
>>
File: t-pain-gold-grillz.png (355 KB, 399x600) Image search: [Google]
t-pain-gold-grillz.png
355 KB, 399x600
>>2148071
its a symbol of status in the hood
>>
Lion, hands down.
Stronger, bigger and has deadlier weaponry.
Not to meantion they're far more ferocious than a gorilla, a gorilla can get spooked by a goose or a white man that doesn't move when he charges.
A lion is an entirley different ballpark to a gorilla. Humans like to glorify our closer relatives for some reason, maybe it's pride in the idea that something fairly simmilar to ourselves can take down something that has a more steadfast design for fighting and hunting other animals.
There have even been reports of LEOPARDS (lions much smaller cousins) killing and eating gorillas.
>>
Cats are the greatest fighting machines on the planet. Teeth, claws, agility, ability to grapple, reflexes ...

It is common for a single mountain lion to take out 2 or 3 wolves at a time, and butcher any domestic guard dog so badly that it looks like a kitten playing with a dead bird.

The idea that it would be "no contest" for the gorilla is absolutely ludacris. You realize how big a lion is, right? The gorilla is not that much stronger, and the lion is overloaded with weapons and fighting ability that the gorilla lacks. If you've ever seen a legit fight between a feline and a dog, it'd be a lot like that. Cats are pure offense attack machines. A gorilla is mostly defense and intimidation.

A lion would likely slaughter a silverback, assuming the silverback was alone. Anyone that says otherwise should go read up on cats.

And I'm a fucking dog person. I hate cats. But that doesn't make them any less of a terror to their prey.
>>
File: 9e3.png (98 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
9e3.png
98 KB, 625x626
>>2148099
>>2148103
>>
Gorillas are terribly inefficient fighters despite their strength. They're vegetarians and back down easy from what they perceive as an actual threat. In short, they're clumsy pussies.

Lions are natural killers. Ever seen a lion get off its lazy ass and go catch some prey in the lioness' place?

Gorilla has no chance.
>>
File: 4bf.png (181 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
4bf.png
181 KB, 625x626
>>2148119
>>
>>2147796
When it comes to raw strength and fighting skills, the gorilla is helpless against the lion.

However, the gorilla would likely use its superior intelligence to avoid the encounter in the first place. If there was no avoiding it, the gorilla could use its charge to ruse the lion into thinking that the gorilla is more dangerous than it is, buying the gorilla some time to make a retreat. Just look at those vids of honey badgers buying enough time to evade lions, and Canada geese scare gorillas away. The gorilla should be able to do something similar to the lion, despite being weaker.
>>
>>2148134
>gorilla would likely use its superior intelligence

Let's not get too crazy here. They are intelligent - for animals. They are not intelligent relative to humans. They don't have superhuman abilities to perceive threats, analyze fighting styles, know animal weaknesses, know where the next strike is coming from, communicate with predators, etc etc. They are just animals. Even then, a dog is better at reading a situation than a gorilla, detecting the tiniest changes in facial expressions, tones, and body language. Stuff we can't do. Apes can't do.

Put yourself in the apes position. A lion is circling your area and looking at you with curiosity. What do you do? You have 3 seconds. Chances are, you either run like hell or look for something to hide behind. If you're a little off your rocker, you might look for a weapon on the ground. Gorillas don't use weapons. They can't run fast. They don't hide. They would stand there trying to guess what's about to happen. They would be slaughtered when the lion closes that distance in less than a second because they have no agility. We have no agility.
>>
File: G040214_IMG2054_Keyboard.jpg (56 KB, 400x416) Image search: [Google]
G040214_IMG2054_Keyboard.jpg
56 KB, 400x416
>>2148114
>>2148125
I wonder who could be behind these posts
>>
why are humans so physically weak compared to animals?

like, without weapons, a dog or a chimp half the size of a human would totally wreck the human. And pretty much anything in our weight class except turtles or sheep would obliterate us.

i get that our advantage is brain power, but wouldnt evolution favor humans that were smart AND strong as fuck?
>>
>>2148210
I think that it was one or the other. The brain requires a lot of energy. So does big muscle mass. Can't have both.
>>
>>2148216

I get that, I guess. That depends on the assumption that the human brain uses alot more energy than animal brains, like more caloric energy spent on brain power = more intelligence. But then you'd think that elephants would be the smartest species, right? They very well might be I guess, if they had stuff like opposable thumbs to make tools, or a way to communicate complex ideas to each other
>>
File: CD3d71ZWIAAeZIs.jpg large.jpg (112 KB, 794x1097) Image search: [Google]
CD3d71ZWIAAeZIs.jpg large.jpg
112 KB, 794x1097
>>2148222
what a sad thought. Elephants writing Shakespeare and coming up with theories on gravity and sorting out that the Earth revolves around the sun all in their heads. They figure these things out and so want to tell their buddy about it, but all they can do is
>brrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap
out their nose.

the buddy's all
>yeah yeah, braaaaaaaaaaaap braaaaaap
>E=MC^2, my friend. E =
>oh
>oh not again
>pshhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrr (sigh)
>swishes tail with anxiety
>thinks nevermind
>doesn't matter
>I'll never know if I'm right
>what does it mean
>why

>a loud BRAAAAAHP yell echoes in distance, the sound of yet another angry hidden genius
>>
>>2148095
kek'd
>>
Cecil vs Harambe
>>
>>2148210
No, because if you're smart enough you don't NEED to be as strong
>>
>>2148210
Because as well as being smart, we're build for endurance. We can walk all day and not get tired. We can run a marathon faster than most animals. We can just chase our prey down for miles until they get tired. Also we invented spears. Which is a pretty big advantage in a fight.
>>
>>2148210
It's just aggressivity. We live a lot longer so we try not to get injured, and fight with self-preservation in mind.

Give your average man enough adrenaline and he'll fucking destroy any dog. For someone who's legit strong I guess the limit is fighting wolves and small bears.
>>
>>2148071
I think theyre black from poor diet and care.
>>
Gorilla.your forgetting that although lions can take down large prey, they do it as a pack and they usually fail.If one lion tried to take down a 300 pound zebra, the zebra could kill it with a kick. Silverbacks can grow larger than that and are built to protect their group. Their sole purpose is to fight, running away seems off.
I'm guessing you haven't seen Silverbacks fight before.
>>
>>2148660

You're missing an important component. Lions hunt things that are running away. Have you ever seen a nature video where a lion is all toe-to-toe with a gazelle?. Everything they hunt runs from them. That is why they hunt in packs. To route, surround, and take them down to the ground before they get away. If any of their prey tried to stand their ground, they would be obliterated. They know better. They know to run.

So in this scenario, we're talking about a Gorilla and a Lion standing their ground, artifically aggressive, fighting to see who is left standing. Compleeeeeeeetely different scenario than lions hunting in the savannah.

And, honestly, these 2 animals would *never* fight in real life. They would both pose then walk away because real animals don't fight even battles for no reason. They would never take the risk unless the lion was trying to eat the gorilla's babies or something, but the gorilla would have run off the lion long before the lion got close enough.
>>
>>2148071
Oxidizing when the air and wet and the tooth mix
>>
>>2148660
Yeah, they fail a lot because everything they eat has evolved to do the only thing they can against the Lion...either outrun it, or juke the fuck out it.. Which is why there's always one hiding in the bushes.

Gorilla's are badass for what they are, but they are no Lion.
>>
Stop making this thread.

Anyone non jokingly saying the gorilla is retarded. A lion would absolutely destroy a gorilla. On top of being outmatched, gorillas are shitty fighters to begin with.
>>
File: I8yYHA4.png (55 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
I8yYHA4.png
55 KB, 625x626
>>2149147
>>
>>2147796
Male leopards can give a silverback a run for his money...

In comparison to a silverback, a male lion is larger, heavier, stronger, have larger sharper teeth, and have large razor sharp claws on each massive paw.
>>
if a gorilla can't kill a three-year-old boy how would it kill a lion
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.