[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it true that shibas are the cats of the dog world? Relatively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
is it true that shibas are the cats of the dog world?

Relatively quiet, relatively clean/self grooming, more or less independent or happy to do their own thing? Seems to be the case from what I've read online, but I haven't really had a chance to interact with the breed IRL.
>>
They can be pretty mean moreso than other breeds if raised incorrectly.
>>
>>2146709
>relatively quiet

Is everything you know about the breed via imgur gifs of the dogu doing memeable things?
>>
>>2146709
They're difficult to train, have high requirements for exercise and mental stimulation and they're loud as fuck and destructive if you don't meet those requirements. They're also escape artists. They're about as cat-like as a Husky.
Unless you're on a massive property that your dog can freely roam, even the most "cat-like" independent or low energy dog is going to ideally get a 30 minute walk daily, with exceptions only being made for really old dogs.
>>
No spitz breed is "quiet". Spitz are known for being one of the most vocal types of dog.

Shibas make awful noises anyway. More of an earsplitting scream then a bark.
>>
>>2146709
>shibas
>quiet
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uCBSjaIQ5ds
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5rCLplqghQ&t=17
>>
>>2147152
damn that dog must eat only the shittiest carby dog food.
>>
Shiba owner here. I have a 3 year old runt who's pretty quiet (she makes weird howling sounds when she's excited, though) and she doesn't need to be bathed that much. Sheds like crazy though. She's very clingy though and doesn't like being alone, which is apparently unusual for the breed? Loves everyone but very young children
>>
>>2147001
That dogs terrified, of course it's being loud. That's not a good example.
>>
>>2147303
they shed like half their lifetime.
>>
File: doge haircut.jpg (167 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
doge haircut.jpg
167 KB, 1200x800
>>
Not very cat-like, more husky-like.
>>
>>2147315
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXG__j3_CO8
>>
They aren't very hard but you have to forget everything you know about dog training. Spitz breeds are very instinctive in their reactions, read a lot about them before deciding on getting one.
>>
>cousin has a shiba
>never looked into training it properly
>just shock collars it when it's misbehaving
i feel bad for that dog
>>
>>2147001
thats pretty cute not gonna lie
>>
>>2148552
Put it down.
>>
>>2148532
My husky is nowhere as noisy as the shibas in these videos.
>>
Akitas are the quiet ones, not shibes.
>>
>went on a walk
>passed yard with dog, dog lost its mind
>passed yard with shiba inu, shiba was quiet and chilling in the sun, barely acknowledged me
>passed yard with actual cat, cat was quiet and chilling in the sun, barely acknowledged me

Seems pretty kitty to me. But I don't have many examples of their behavior, and that's the most cat-like one I have.
>>
>>2148535
>I'm going to confuse the fuck out of my dog for a couple minutes for a youtube video

Holy fuck it's no wonder the dog is screaming so much when the owner is like "Just go through the window! Get it!"
>>
>>2146709
>he doesn't know about the shiba scream
>>
>>2146709
I've got another question. Is a barking Shiba extremely rare? I saw one and it barked like any other dog. Definitely not a scream.
>>
>>2149791
My GF has a female one. She barks like a normal dog when someone rings the door or pass the gate. But she more often makes a sort of yodeling howl when excited or stressed. She also softly "honks" like a seal to demand attention but that's more cute than annoying.
She never did the ear-raping screams, even though she hurt herself pretty badly in the past.
>>
>>2149009
Akitas are fucking scary.

My neighbour's used to break into my back garden and just stare at me through the kitchen window.
>>
>>2149821
Imagining a softly honking dog gave me a good chuckle, now I want a shiba inu, thanks anon
>>
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 750x1334
>>2149827
Oh come on this is scary?
>>
Shitty fucking meme dogs that will with 99% people be a liability to everything around themselves
>>
I think it's more that they're a bit hostile and more up themselves.

Most dogs you can rely on being relatively interested in your approval of them, but Shibas are a mixed bag.

Makes me wonder how exactly they ever became a popular workdog to be honest.
>>
>>2150292
i guess we get the dumb show lines.
they have other hunting breeds in japan that are described as easily trainable like the hokkaido ken and shikoku ken but of course you should be a hunter to properly use them.
>>
>>2147001
It even raises its butt like a cat when she pets it.
>>
Any breed described as 'cat like' is a red flag, basically meaning stubborn, difficult and doesn't give a fuck about what you want it to do. I love cats too but it's just fucking annoying for dogs.
I don't have a shiba but my American Eskimo is a Spitz breed and the only thing cat like about her is how she cleans herself and sort of.. perches on things. Like she prefers to lay on the head of the couch or the arms rather than the seats. Also tried to bury her piss and shit with her back legs.
>>
>>2147001

Shiba anus are truly the faggot race of dogkind.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.