[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knots in fur.. Help!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 20160505_184350.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160505_184350.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
My cat is going on 15 years old . A Fluffy bastard as you can see from pic. He always gets knots no matter how many times my wife and I brush him. It's always been an issue to the point where we have to shave him. We don't mind but the cat has to be put under sedation each time due to him not liking people other than family. Any suggestions on what alternatives we can take? We tried brushing the knots out but we don't want to hurt him and he seems too old to be put under sedation just for a shave.
>>
When brushing hair you put your hand above the knot you're going to brush out and start at the very bottom. You should have no problem trying this with his fur given it's so long. Put your hand touching it to prevent the skin pulling and gently, barely touching the knot with the brush, start at the very ends of the fur. Slowly add more pressure and work your way up as the knot becomes undone.

How often do you brush his fur?
>>
File: 20151002_104548.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151002_104548.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>2144825
We brush him once to twice dailey (morning and evening ) the problem is that he falls asleep in his bowl. Any suggestions on the kind of brush we should get?
>>
WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT CUT THEM WITH SCISSORS DO NOT NO DO NOT NO NO NO NO NO

Try some olive oil. Work it into the knots and see if that makes them easier to brush out.
>>
File: 20160613_195630.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160613_195630.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>2144865
Is there any particular reason why I shouldn't use scissors?
>>
>>2144869
Sometimes the knots are INCREDIBLY close to the skin. So you might think you are snipping out all hair, but you'll end up putting a hole in your cat. This is especially true with older cats who have looser skin.
>>
>>2144869

you'll fuck up the undercoat or some shit most likely, which doesn't grow back correctly, like, ever.
so.
i mean, i don't care, but that anon obv does.
>>
>>2144855
Jesus that cat must have some curly hair mutation.
>>
I second the other anon, do not use scissors as the probability of cutting the skin is high. You can get a small pair of clippers usually advertised for personal grooming or beard trimming and just cut the mats out yourself.
>>
>>2144887
Is it that odd that it has curly fur?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.