[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This cute little fella was chilling outside my apartment and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 20160611_135910~01.jpg (854 KB, 2988x3929) Image search: [Google]
20160611_135910~01.jpg
854 KB, 2988x3929
This cute little fella was chilling outside my apartment and I took a few pics before it ran away. Anyone knows what are these called? I've seen quite a few before. I'm in Louisiana if that helps, but I'm not from here so I'm unfamiliar with them.
>>
File: 20160611_135907.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160611_135907.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
>>
File: 20160611_135900~01.jpg (837 KB, 2988x4266) Image search: [Google]
20160611_135900~01.jpg
837 KB, 2988x4266
>>
green anole
>>
Green anole
>>
GEICO saleslizard
>>
Green anole - Anolis carolinensis. A large male one, at that. Healthy and handsome fella! For a reptile, they are pretty clever.
>>
>>2144391
Australian Outback Mire, they are known to return at night and murder people that took footage of them.
>>
Louisianafag here, like many anons above said its a green anole, very common around here and harmless. Theyll eat bugs and shit around your house and can be fun to watch posture at each other.

My mom had some that became adjusted to people when I was young and would just chill out on our patio in the garden. One didnt even run if you tried to pick it up.
>>
Treat it like a king OP. Where I live, they've all been displaced by the shitty brown anoles. These things are aggressive to each other and especially the green ones and they don't even let you pick them up.
>>
>>2144393
it's so smug
>>
>tfw live in area loaded with green anoles every-fucking-where but only seen one or two in eight years
>>
I remember catching anoles when I was a kid living in Florida. The green anoles were typically pretty chill and would perch on top of my fingers.
>>
File: brown-anole-for-sale.jpg (66 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
brown-anole-for-sale.jpg
66 KB, 500x375
Cherish this moment with your green friend. Before long the larger brown ones will take over. We saw some scurrying around our house, they look like rats at a glance.
>>
>>2145254
Forgot to mention I also live in Louisiana, so it may spread.
>>
>tfw live in Florida and only get to see beautiful chill green anoles once in a blue moon because nasty cuban shit brown ones overrun them, pick on them, and fucking take over everything

Man fuck the brown ones they are so mean and ugly.
>>
File: anolescropped.jpg (18 KB, 324x375) Image search: [Google]
anolescropped.jpg
18 KB, 324x375
>>2145259
I say we cook them and eat them. Maybe then the green ones will come back.
>>
>>2145261
They probably taste disgusting and they're like 80% skin and bones so no thank you. But I do wish we could take care of them somehow.
>>
>>2145264
Perhaps there are traps one could set for them?
Also, could frying them in some thick batter work?
>>
Stop hating on the poor Cuban refugees you xenophobic racists.
>>
>>2145264
Do you have pets, like a cat or dog?
>>
>>2145259
TRUMP WILL MAKE ANOLES GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>2145258
Are the brown ones considered invasive or something here? I see a pretty good mix of both in Baton Rouge at least.
>>
>>2144414
except that's phelsuma
>>
>>2145259
I live in Louisiana and almost every day I take my puppy out to hunt brown anoles in my neighborhood and he loves it.

Fortunately Winter was pretty cold and it killed off a shit ton of them, now I'm actually seeing green anoles again.
>>
>>2145273
BUILD A WALL
U
I
L
D

A

W
A
L
L

>>2145498
Yes they are. They're native to the Caribbean. I live in Baton Rouge too and they are spreading pretty fast unfortunately
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.