[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
border collie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled-design-53.png (302 KB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-design-53.png
302 KB, 560x315
Ok guys, after 28 years of wanting a dog and 14 years of wanting that dog to be a border collie, i think i'm finally ready

- 28 years old
- work for myself (home on weekdays, working outdoors at weekends but gf can take care of dog while i do that)
- not making loads of money but i have 2 housemates so i'm living rent free, just paying bills

Should I do it? I know they're ridiculously energetic and intelligent. I can handle that. What are your opinions?
>>
Make sure you always have $1,500 set aside for pupper disaster relief and then do your damnedest to find one you can adopt. If not, then buy from a breeder that asserts health is a priority over breed standards.

Then, finally, are you gucci.
>>
>>2143971
>are you gucci?
Idk what you mean dude

good idea about the 1.5k pupper relief fund. Imma definitely get super good insurance though, so will take the vet's advice about whether a cash reserve is necessary.

Adoption is a good plan, I have been looking at local breeders too though. I'm in the UK.
>>
>>2143975

It's always good to have cash on hand in case there's ever an emergency that absolutely cannot wait for insurance verification. That's where most of the insurance horror stories I've heard come from - a super awesome plan that takes a day to verify and can end up being too late. The cash can always be reimbursed.
>>
>>2143975
>Idk what you mean dude

Are you, or are you not the rapper known as Gucci Mane. It's a simple question.
>>
>>2143975
>>2143994

>then, finally, are you gucci
>then are you finally gucci

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gucci&defid=3210506
>>
>>2143975
>Imma definitely get super good insurance though
Pet insurance doesn't work like you think it does. With pet insurance, you need to fork out the money, and the insurance company will usually compensate you some percentage back after meeting a deductible.

Even with insurance, you will still need a relief fund.
>>
>>2143997

Not all of them.
There are some that pay the pet directly.
I won't name names because shilling is objectively immoral *cough* Trupanion *cough* but there are options.
>>
Border collies are amazing dogs. I have one and she's changed my life. She's got a lot of energy so I'm more active than I've ever been.

Look up kikopup, training positive, and Zak George on YouTube. Then look into Karen Pryor's stuff on clicker training.
>>
>>2143997
>>2143987
Oh shit, yes you're right and i have in fact experienced the fuckery of having to cough up to be reimbursed by insurance later. luckily i always have a couple of k in the business account, so worst case scenario i can just take from there and put it back when i'm reimbursed.

>>2144002
thanks for the advice dude. i'm checking out those suggestions now.
>>
>>2144004
>put it back when i'm reimbursed
Yet further keep in mind you will rarely get reimbursed everything. The standard is 90%, but some companies will let you pick the percentage, ranging from 70-90%. Also, don't forget you'll need to fork out a deductible too.

So you won't be putting back in 100% of what you take out. I don't know how formal your business is, but would hate for you to get fucked for embezzlement or something.

Also, the amount of time it takes them to reimburse you take range wildly. Would hate for you to have to take out a ton of money from your business account and fuck your livelihood while waiting to get reimbursed.

I really, really stress just starting a relief fund. Insurance won't cover it, and you don't want to risk hurting your business to save your pooch.

But if you are just THAT against a relief fund, another thing you can consider is getting a high-limit credit card and using that. This way you can load the vet bill onto the card you never use, and just make payments on it until you get reimbursed. Veterinary care is incredibly expensive.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.