[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For fucks sake, I am done with public off leash dog areas. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: images (12).jpg (23 KB, 331x444) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
23 KB, 331x444
For fucks sake, I am done with public off leash dog areas.

I had my 8 month old puppy on a long line practising sit, stay and come, sit in an area away from everybody else when a couple of guys with 2 pig dogs came down the other end of the beach.

I was keeping an eye on them as they got closer while still focusing on my dog. When they got close I took up my dogs long line so it made a foot long leash and made him sit between my legs. The brindle one came close and air snapped at my dog so I yelled and let my dog go so he could run or fight if he had to. My dog circled in behind me and the brindle crossed me I booted it in the ribs them the white and black one made a beeline for my dog, I intercepted it and flipped it over with a punt to its head. Their owner did nothing through out but just stand there.

I hope his black and white dog is ok but seriously learn some fucking recall!
>>
>>2143713
>had my 8 month old puppy on a long line practising sit, stay and come, sit in an area away from everybody
welp, there was your mistake. why would you take a dog to a public off-leash area, and then not allow it to interact with other dogs? it sounds like the other dogs were just checking you and your dog out and you flipped the fuck out and started beating on them.
>>
>>2143735

Yep, you got me.
>>
>>2143713
i'm with you man, sick of hopeless owners and their huge dogs.
>>
>>2143713
Things that never happened.
>>
Yeah, my older brother has a few stories to tell of similar encounters. The worst of which involved two larger dogs while brother was walking his doberman on a beach (on leash). That doberman was a sweet heart and i don't think ever learned to fight other dogs. Anyway, two other dogs (off leash) start fight with brother's dog, brother intervenes, owner of the two dogs doesn't do shit. Doberman has one ear mostly torn off, brother takes two serious bites on his leg. Apparently it got pretty bloody.

Doberman didn't lose the ear. Vet was able to stitch it together well enough.
>>
>>2143754
>>2143754

Im just going to carry a sjambok with me on walks. I wont risk my puppies safety or my partners and her dogs.
>>
OP I hope this is a lesson learned. If this ever happens again you HAVE TO be firm with people. Tell them loudly and calmly that you are working on training and don't want company, or ask them to take their dogs away. Carry a cell phone and document stuff if trouble starts. Never take your dogs leash pff if it looks likr a fight is going to happen, because this will help you if the police have to get involved.

But you do have to take the initiative and TELL people that you don't want to interact, warn them that you will harm their dogs in order to protect your own. Don't argue even when they get pissy with you, just warn them and then either stand your ground or try to move to a different area.
>>
>>2143780

The dogs ran away from him over 120 metres away to get to us, they were greyhound /pitbull crosses used for hog hunting I still had the dog on his rope which is attached to me but its 15 metres long but I dropped it from initially having him gripped above his collar. To be honest it happened so quickly I didnt really think about it aside from staying in between the dogs.
>>
>>2143782
Ya...Honestly anon just keep a cell on you and maybe some pepper spray.

I learned all this shit when looking for an apartment with a pitmix. Even dogs that aren't pit at all but still fall under the bully category can get you in trouble, so I found a bunch of helpful articles from responsible pit owners.

There's a bunch of stupid shit that sucks like if the two dogs get in a fight and both don't??havve leashes, the bully/pit will more than likely get in trouble unless you got documentation or witnesses willing to say the other dog started it.

So those things are kind of helpful in general with open leash areas and people like that.

I mean, I love my dog and she's a good girl, but dogs don't understand human politics or rules. If she ran up on some dog and got into it, I wouldn't blame the owner at all if they through in some kicks. Of course, I wouldn't be standing on the sidelines either....
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.