[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time posting here, sorry if I am expected to have been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: 1464494802270.jpg (77 KB, 960x554) Image search: [Google]
1464494802270.jpg
77 KB, 960x554
First time posting here, sorry if I am expected to have been lurking for a while. I just really don't know how to handle my current situation.

>gf brings her three rats every week
>i find it a nuisance but can kinda cope with it
>things got worse the other day though when one of the fuckers escaped into a crevice in the kitchen
>she wont let me put out rat poison, thinks itll just come out by itself and i'll just be around and catch it when it does idk

Will it like attract other rats, like females, and breed in my walls? I dunno much about rats to be honest help me out here. Anything else I can try?
>>
Just how underage are you?
>>
>>2142571
I'm 24. I know I sound like a desperate cuck but honestly she's the best i've ever done, i don't want her to break up with me over killing her rat.
>>
>someones pet gets in a wall
>onstead of opening things up and getting it, you suggest killing it
How autistic and lazy are you?
>>
>>2142596
due to my contract i cant really do much at all in this place, landlord wont even let me put nails in the wall to hang frames or anything. also its a goddamn rat dunno where youre from but here they are generally considered pests.
>>
>>2142602
Domestic rats are completely different from wild rats, the same way a golden retriever is different from a coyote. They're some of the more affectionate, loyal, and intelligent pets.

Just draw it out with some cooked pasta, cooked liver, or cooked beans. Catch it with a net and take it back to your girlfriend.
>>
>>2142569
If you think her pet rats are bad, wait until you find her crabs.
>>
>>2142610
im pretty sure she didnt get them at a store or anything i think they came to her house and she kinda just krept them.
>>
>>2142615
i had a friend who had crabs in elementary they're good pets but i dont think they would survive outside a tank/habitat so idk
>>
>>2142623
How about, you know... Asking her? God she's your gf, and you don't even know where the rats are from?

And I don't think it should be said, but... Don't kill her rat? You know... Don't? I have the strange intuition that she wouldn't like that. It's very strange I know.

Put a non harmful trap in the kitchen with treats in it. Eventually the rat will come back.
>>
>>2142625
>joke
>head
>>
>>2142650
Got it, chose to ignore it.
>>
>>2142623
how can a person be as lazy and utterly dipshitted as you and still have some kind of personal relationship?

do you even talk to her?
>>
>>2143038
forgot to say, that there are live traps for rats, just use one of those, if you are able to buy one

if not, give me your gf's number, I'll ask her to buy one for you
>>
If they don't look like your average sewer rat, then they are more than likely domesticated and smart as dogs. Have your girlfriend come over with some yogurt treats and just call to it at the entrance to where it went it. It's more than likely hungry and trusts her so it will come out.
>>
>>2142574
Its just a bloody rat you cuck
>>
>>2143096
It's not "just a rat"
It's a fucking pet!

whether it's a snake, dog, horse, rat or any other animal, EVERY pet is loved by at least its owner. It doesn't matter if YOU see it as vermin.

Dumb cunt
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 503x292) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 503x292
>>2143165
You seem saddle sore friendo
>>
>>2143063
It's a rat i don't think it understands the concept of trust senpai. As i said earlier we tried for hours with stuff like that.
>>
>>2143096
Virgin detected.

Sometimes you gotta make sacrifices to keep a relationship going. I guess you have no experience with that though seeing how the only relationship you have been in is with your right hand, which i assume is a fairly low maintenance relationship.
>>
>>2142569
Have you tried luring it out with something like milk? It'll probably need some nursing back to health too.
>>
>Girlfriends pet escapes
>Better kill it!

If this isn't bait I hope your girlfriend dumps your autistic ass. Even if she's a landwhale, she can do better.
>>
>>2143977
Seeing how the li'l fuckers basically live solely on milk, yes, to no avail.

>>2143983
It seems you missed an s there. The word you're looking for is 'pest', not 'pet'.

>>2143041
Dude I'm not retarded, not gonna give her number to some stranger on 4chan.
>>
Also, OP here again, general update. I haven't heard the rat at all today, is it possible it has moved on to another part of the building or something? Are rats generally territorial and stick around to one place or do they move about when there is no longer milk/other sustenance available?
>>
>>2143993

Rats are wanderers.
Your galpal is definitely not getting her animal back.
>>
>>2143999
Well I've put down traps now just in case it gets back. I got the standard mouse trap thingy but removed the spring on one side so it's not as powerful anymore, hoping it'll be enough to keep it there but not killing it.
>>
>>2144058

OP what the fuck is wrong with you.

What the fuck, man.
>>
>>2144058
holy shit remove that immediately and get a non-kill trap
>>
>>2144063
i think it's okay though. i mean, i tried having it go off on my hand and it didn't even hurt, barely left a mark.
>>
>>2143991
does she only give them milk? that's... odd..

I've lost rats before and they always come back within a day. She shouldn't be bringing them to your place if they don't come when she calls. But no, they know where the food comes from, they usually come back.

>>2144058
You are going to kill it in one of the worst ways possible.
>>
File: 1456107274537.jpg (19 KB, 485x469) Image search: [Google]
1456107274537.jpg
19 KB, 485x469
>>2143839
>Not knowing you can train rats almost as easily as dogs

You guys must have gotten some feeder rats instead of going to an actual breeder. Or she just didn't play with them at all huh?
>>
>>2144383
They basically just turned up one day, she started feeding them.

Also, what the literal fuck. Actual rat breeder? Why would anyone choose to do such a thing when you can breed, i dunno, dogs or something?
>>
>>2144611
If you are what passes as an average human I don't understand why people choose to breed either.
>>
>>2143592
You put out that photo like it's supposed to anger him. Those are not the pets of someone, and they were already dead. Filthy Frank even has the care to not kill animals needlessly.
>>
Use a trashcan retard.
>>
>>2144611
God how the fuck do you have a girlfriend still
>>
its a fucking pet rat op. Stop being such a massive pusshole and just bait it out and grab it.
>>
>>2144058
Holy fuck the reactions are amazing. Cheers OP for the laughs.
>>
>Well I've put down traps now just in case it gets back.
Kek'd out loud
Pretty sure it's a troll tho
>>
just kill the fucker then admonish your gf for letting vermin loose in your house.

grow some balls.
>>
>>2144058
Great, you've increased the amount of time it will suffer, cool. You're really good at this pet thing, op. I mean, I don't think I even could have waited for one of them to slightly inconvenience me before brutally murdering them; I would have just killed them on the spot, without judge or jury.
>>
>>2145787
Are you also the kinda person who'd wait for a mosquito to bite you before you smack it?
>>
>>2144616
lel, animals kill each other in the wild all the time, i dont see how this is different.

>>2145026
Relationship is great other than this

>>2145413
Unless she finds out im not gonna tell her, im not stupid
>>
>>2144993
How could OP use a trashcan as a trap? Not trolling; genuinely curious.
>>
File: 1452630874587.jpg (100 KB, 516x688) Image search: [Google]
1452630874587.jpg
100 KB, 516x688
>>2145787
He said they're in the walls and he can't get to them. What would you do, gas them or something? It's not like rats even have feelings anyway.
>>
>>2145812
Not him, but I never kill any mosquitos, at least not on purpose. I try to shoo them away if they haven't bitten me yet. If they do bite, the deed's already done anyway, so they can keep sucking.

The bites don't bother you unless they scratch. Apart from one unlucky occation where my lower arm swole to almost twice its breadth, I've never had any strong reactions to the bites, either.
>>
>>2147257
sounds like you enjoy being penetrated senpai :^)
>>
>>2142569
Any updates on the situation OP?
>>
>>2147257
holy shit anon your asperger is on point
>>
>>2142610
>Domestic rats are completely different from wild rats, the same way a golden retriever is different from a coyote.

LOL no. And I'm not biased. I have dogs and gerbils. But you are seriously pushing the bounds of common sense to say domestic rodents are just a bunch of sweeties with no wild attributes. They are 99% identical to their natural cousins.
>>
>>2148852
Er, maybe on the genetic point okay, but comportementally speaking they're really a whole different story. You can't just befriend a wild rat, okay it can happens, but the instinct will still be very present.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.