[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be right to get a dog if I live in an apartment and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1385518526712.jpg (72 KB, 500x619) Image search: [Google]
1385518526712.jpg
72 KB, 500x619
Would it be right to get a dog if I live in an apartment and work 5-12 hours a day 6 days of the week?
>>
>>2141651

No.

Get reptiles/fish.

12 hours alone is terrible. I mean what's the point in having a dog?
>>
>>2141662
>Get reptiles/fish.
disgusting
>>
>>2141651
it's fine.

most people that own dogs have to work.
>>
>>2141651
>if you can't afford a pet don't get one
>if you have a job don't get a pet
/an/, everybody.
>>
File: don't ever disgust.jpg (86 KB, 415x392) Image search: [Google]
don't ever disgust.jpg
86 KB, 415x392
>>2141663
>Get a dog when working 12 hours a day

disgusting.
>>
>>2141663
eat a dick you bitch ass nigga. reptiles are cool as fuck.
>>
>>2141651
just love the shit out of him when you are home, spend as much time as possible with him. If not prepared to sink most of your limited free time, dont.
>>
>>2141696
Chill with other people's pets.
>>
>>2142415
But what about them?
>>
>>2142315
I know, it's not often I'll work that long though. Usually Friday or Saturday I'll do 9 to 10 hours average and around 8-10 hours on Sunday. If I were at work for 12 hours it'd have to be a busy fucking day but I just included it for the maximum cap. Realistically we can say 10 hours fri/sat only
>>
No.

Get a cat.

/thread.
>>
>>2144035
This. Cats can be home alone. I don't work as much as OP, but I sometimes leave the cat home alone during the whole weekend.
>>
>>2141696
>if you can't afford a pet don't get one
>if you have a job that keeps you out for most of the day, and there's no access outside because you live in an apartment, don't get a dog

ftfy
>>
File: 1464645720602.gif (2 MB, 360x414) Image search: [Google]
1464645720602.gif
2 MB, 360x414
>>2141651
Its fine if you make sure when you get home (breed dependent) to take the dog out and throw the ball for about an hour a day. If you get a smaller dog or a dog that doesn't exactly strive for running would be optimal. Personally I wouldn't get a dog unless i had a fenced backyard just so I can train and leave the dog out back for a bit to get its exercise.

So really it depends on the breed you want. Id advise anything that is roughly aboutvthe size of a bull terrier or smaller woulf be perfect for a smaller apartment. If you plan on a dog any bigger than that I'd advise haaving a back yard so you can toss the ball for them.

Most (breed determined) dogs like to sprint, not go for long walks or "jogs". They aren't designed for long runs like wolves. So if you really want to wear out an super energetic dog is to get it sprinting back and fourth.
>>
Get 2 dogs.
>>
>2144994

>2 dogs to tear up OP's shit when he's gone for half the day

LOL ok
>>
I tried that and it didn't work out at all. Ended up bringing him to work with me.
>>
>>2141651
If you get a puppy, you would be a very shitty person. The only way I can see that realistically happening is if you get an old dog that just needs a retirement home, who is more aloof and ok with being alone most of his remaining life, and if you could have someone come by and walk him or come back halfway through the day and let him piddle.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.