[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hip Dysplasia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: rot.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
rot.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
Today after my 6 month old rottweilers walk I noticed that she was moving her hips a lot and does not want to put a lot of weight on her right rear leg.

She is not limping but it looks like it is discomforting for her. The signs are similar to hip dysplasia however it came very suddenly after some rough play otuside and i suspect she might have sprained something. I have checked her feet for cuts and there was nothing.

She is a very small, lean rottweiler girl so I doubt it would be HD. She looks almost exactly like the one in the pic.

What do you reckon it is? She has never shown any signs of HD until this day AFTER chasing the ball and falling over quite a few times.

Since then she sits a bit like a frog, sways her hips a bit and only lays down on one side. She is also refusing to jump around and play tug of war which she loves.

Thoughts?
>>
Update: After a 2h rest she seems to be playful again and not moving her rear as much.
>>
VET
E
T
>>
V E T
E
T

It might be a sprain. There isn't necessarily any outwards signs of a sprain except the dog won't want to put any weight on that leg. Book a vet appointment and put the little girl on strict bed rest until you see the vet.
>>
Got a 5 month Rottie and just went through this.. Vet trip was 50$ and well worth it.. Kinda early for HD to develop and the waddle sounds normal but a vet trip is a must
>>
Definitely a brown recluse trust me I'm an expect
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.