[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Chihuahua just had puppies and won't stop trying to move
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1460931125841.jpg (63 KB, 915x628) Image search: [Google]
1460931125841.jpg
63 KB, 915x628
My Chihuahua just had puppies and won't stop trying to move them from the whelping box to my bed where she usually sleeps. I looked it up and saw that this is usually a matter of being unhappy with the whelping box, but I've done everything to make sure its fine. I think this might just be a matter of it trying to move them to somewhere she feels more comfortable. No matter what I do she just picks them up and scratches to get through whatever she can so she can get to my bed. I've tried just letting her lay on my bed to make her happy but she also freaks out if I take off the bed sheets, which is where she wants to lay them. I can't let her put the puppies down on the bed sheet, they'll suffocate. What the fuck do I do? Pic unrelated I just really need advice.
>>
You can try not breeding your shitty dog.

Otherwise let her do what she fuckin wants. If your sheets are too lose then change them or try to encourage her somewhere else. You want to ease her stress. Since always have probably a BYB shit going on it shouldn't matter as long as they survive.
>>
close the bedroom door.
>>
>>2140158
I'd let her do what she wants, I'm just really worried about the puppies suffocating. Like you said its just about the puppies surviving.
>>2140173
she just cries while holding one of them in her mouth if I close the door
>>
>>2140184
What kind of bedding did you let her welp on? What is about your sheets that you're worried about them suffocating on?
I'd be more worried about them falling off, or puppies shitting in my bed. Maybe move the sheets to her box? If she is still feesing them and not moving them around too much it should be fine. If she is constantly trying to move them then try to work with her. Dogs don't always know whats best bit if you are going to breed your shitty dog you might as well at least try and go half way. Smothering is not as bad as it could be wih larger breeders, and it is almost always done by the mothers body.
>>
>>2140199
The beds only like a foot off the floor (just the mattress) so I'm not really worried about them falling off, but I just had a flat piece of bedding in the whelping box. The problem is that she wants the blanket all scrunched up so she can nest in it, and that's where I kind of worry about one of the puppies suffocating somehow. I've been letting them just stay there for now, its been working just to make her happy for now, but it definitely can't work long term, so hopefully she won't freak out like this again if I need to move her back to her whelping box. I also think she might have moved them so that she could sleep where she was comfortable while watching them.
>>
Shit dog and shit breeding arrangements. You get what's coming to you.
>>
>>2140158
This. Fucking mexican op
>>
>>2140151
Why would you ever breed more fucking Chihuahuas into this world.

I hope you never find homes for them and have to give them up to a shelter.
>>
>>2140151

Have you talked to her breeder? If she's a good breeder she'll give you more help than 4chan ever will.
>>
Exterminate them. There are more chihuahuas in shelters then pit bulls.
>>
Am I the only one here besides OP who likes chihuahuas?
>>
>>2141591
I fucking hate chihuahuas.
And I'm sure they hate themselves too with such shitty genetics
>>
>>2141591
I like Chihuahuas. My best bro who passed away April was a chi.
>>
>>2141598
>shitty genetics
>generally few health problems, one of the very longest living breeds
Yeah, okay. (obviously not counting the fucked up teacups here)

Chihuahuas are generally products of shitty owners. People love to let small dogs get away with awful behavior. Like half my friends have chihuahuas and they're all perfectly pleasant dogs.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.