[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should gorillas be in zoos?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: images (1).jpg (8 KB, 295x171) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8 KB, 295x171
After seeing this im not so sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-5je8284b0
>>
No. I'm against zoos because they do a lot to promote conservation, but great apes are an exception. Looking into the eyes of a captive ape is heartbraking
>>
>>2140034
*not against zoos in general
>>
>>2140033

So long as the enclosure is adequately large and has both indoor and outdoor sections as well as spots for gorillas to hang out in privacy, there is not problem with keeping western lowlands gorillas in zoos.

That silverback would not have died if the zoo had suitable security to keep people out. Little kid able to climb in? Not sufficient security.
>>
>>2140034
This, I like zoos but no animals that are really intelligent should be in zoos.
Gorillas and other great apes are intelligent enough to know they are captives and should not be there.
Everytime I go to my local zoo I get depressed when I look at the Gorillas, it may be anthropomorphising or because Gorillas are naturally shy but you can tell they hate people looking at them, they are always really down, depressed and give you that look you get from your dog when you watch him take a shit.
And those Gorillas probably have the best enclosure in the zoo.

I get this vibe from some of the other great apes too.
>>
>>2140061
It's fine for apes if the enclosure is nice and they are born in captivity. it's not like they're going to miss the wild.
>>
>>2140062
Still though it like those kids who are born in rape dungeons, they have no clue what the outside world is like but they still crave it and would never return when they get the taste.

Might be still anthropomorphising but Gorillas and other animals like Orcas seem to know shits fucked up.
>>
>>2140034
are we humans not captive as well to our own society? i live in a tiny little fucking room, it can't be much worse for a stupid fuck gorilla.
>>
File: Goose-Attacks-Gorilla.gif (2 MB, 274x227) Image search: [Google]
Goose-Attacks-Gorilla.gif
2 MB, 274x227
If we didn't keep them in zoos they would be hunted to extinction by their natural predator

We're doing them a favor, OP
>>
>>2140082
Except rape dungeons are totally different because that is mentally horrible on someone and you aren't able to do literally anything a happy healthy person would do.

It is fucked up for orcas, but thats because orcas are enormous social constantly moving animals that cover enormous distances in the open ocean daily.
The issues with keeping orcas mostly lie in their size and physical behavior. Orcas would probably do infinitely better in captivity if they were the size of a gorilla and weren't such roamers.
>>
>>2140107
You mean Geese? Fucking Geese are the true apex predators, even humans are prey to them.
>>
>>2140033
Should niggers be allowed in our streets?
>>
>>2140033
No, and you shouldn't call them gorillas. Asshole.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>2140106
why you have to make it all about you? i mean fuck if i was in charge of you id move you into a smaller room just for this
>>
File: canada goose.jpg (83 KB, 634x390) Image search: [Google]
canada goose.jpg
83 KB, 634x390
>>2140107
>>
File: 1464659847091.jpg (160 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1464659847091.jpg
160 KB, 1000x1000
>>2140106
>>2140655
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.