[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel weird when a random person tries to give your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 620x930) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 620x930
Anyone else feel weird when a random person tries to give your dog a treat? Just because it's such a crazy world you never know if they poisoned them or something

A mailman gave my dog a treat and I didn't want to come off as an asshole plus he got my dog all hyped up for it so I didn't want to lowblow my dog...but in the future I'm just gonna say thanks but no thanks
>>
>>2139840

Yeah, unless it is an employee at a pet store or a veterinary office, I don't let people give my dogs treats. I either say "thanks, but they are really picky" or "thanks, but they have food allergies".

The only day I was at a restaurant patio, the kind of restaurant where you have to go stand in line and order. I was tying my dogs to the table and a woman asked "do you need someone to watch your dogs?" and I politely said no thanks. I think the woman was offended, but I don't trust anyone with my dogs. I didn't tell her I had someone inside ordering for me. I'm sure she was just a nice lady, but I live in a big city with lots of crazies, so you really never know.

My dogs are my best friends and its my job to protect them like they protect me. Protecting them is a higher priority to me than being polite to strangers, I guess.
>>
I have relatives who work for the Postal Service and the people and families they deliver to don't mind them feeding their dogs treats because they're dogs love them or they've gotten to know them after years of deliveries.
>>
>>2139840
A friends of mine, his dad breed and shows pitbulls, winderfull trainer they all come out tame and as sweet as can be, theyll roll over and play dead and act dramatic when he acts like hes shooting them. But at the same time theyll jump 30 foot in the air and hang from a tired til he says stop. Anyway i digress, his cunt neighbor fed his oldest most prized girl coacoa half a cheeseburger and the next morning was terminally ill. Coincidence we think not, sadly theres nothing we could do.
>>
Someone left a huge ziploc bag of milkbones just sitting at the entrance to the dog park I go to

Maybe they were trying to be nice, or someone was trying to get rid of a lot of treats, but I threw them away to be safe. You never know what kind of crazy asshole is out there. Besides, there was a lot of condensation/liquid in the bag and it looked like it had been there for a while inviting mold. Hopefully that kept other people from giving their dogs the treats too.
>>
>>2139840
my dog will not accept food from anyone that isnt me. and heres why- some friends of mine were involved with some sketchy hippy types for various reasons, and they ended up getting fucked out of a good deal of money. they ended up going to the hippy spot when no one was there, but they had 2 sizable dogs. my friends ran to the store, grabbed a couple steaks, and lured the dogs into a spare room, gave them the steaks, and shut the door. they then proceeded to clean the place out of anything even remotely valuable. this is why my dog is trained to take food from me and me only. and sometimes my brother if im out of town.
>>
I live in a country where people trust each other rather generously but I would find it strange why someone even would carry some treats around.
>>
>>2139920
Lots of mailmen do it to make the dogs like them. It doesn't bother me but my dogs don't have any weird food issues.
>>
>>2139918
How do your train your dog to only take treats from you?
>>
>>2139920
There's an old lady in my area who carries them around. She has no dog of her own but likes to stop and pet all the ones she sees while she's out
>>
>>2140166
I have a friend who does this but with cats because he's not allowed to have one of his own. So I can see it being fine but i would still be cautious.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.