[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pet Deer: Is this even possible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: What you even doing.jpg (49 KB, 468x574) Image search: [Google]
What you even doing.jpg
49 KB, 468x574
Audrey Hepburn had a pet deer and she often gave it alcohol and drugs to entertain her guests. The times were different, of course...

But looking at the pet deer has been giving me ideas. Has anyone ever tried owning an animal like that?

I heard they are herd species so keeping them alone in a closed space might be a bad idea. I was thinking about adopting three of them to my farm where I have space (around 3 acres), friendly dogs and a few cattle.

I have researched about their diet and apparently they have some sensitivity to Sun burn that I need to take in consideration.

Has anyone here ever tried to tame a deer? Like appropriately and respectfully to their needs?
>>
Almost certainly illegal
>>
File: 1437525476704s.jpg (11 KB, 201x250) Image search: [Google]
1437525476704s.jpg
11 KB, 201x250
looks like the dude from psycho
>>
>>2139526
My cousin's gf sometimes gets orphaned deer to raise.

Wen they big enough, they get ear tags and a collar and are allowed to roam free.
The adults often come back for treats, but they usually stay away.

They currently have a fawn. It has to be fed every 3 hours and massaged afterwards for 45min to be able to poop and pee.

So it is allowed to have a deer, if you raise it. But it's not allowed to stal fawns

I don't know if that is legal everywhere tho, I live in europe, if that is helpful
>>
>>2139687
it's him
>>
File: muntjac-2.jpg (93 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
muntjac-2.jpg
93 KB, 600x400
I've heard of people keeping muntjac deer. But they're one of those really exotic pets like a coatimundi.
>>
>>2139526
Not as a "pet" in most places, but you can keep them as live stock or if you run a petting zoo or something.

It's going to vary on state law and local law, so I can't give you any specific advice.
>>
>>2139526
Sure, if legal, a farm is perfect way to keep deer. They will always be wild of course but with food association they can be tamed enough to trust you more or less.
>>
>>2139526
You just have to be licensed and the deer has to be a legit rescue, like a fawn who's mother got hit by a car of something.

They're a lot like livestock animals and they can be super friendly or standoffish depending on the deer and how well it was socialized. Basically, if you plan on releasing it when it's grown, do everything you can to not allow it to bond with you. If you want to keep it forever and ever as a pet, just make sure to interact with it a lot and treat it super well. Remember that they're skittish by nature and try not to alarm them.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.