[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a healthy adult male, do I need to go to a hospital
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: rattlesnake-tongue.jpg (915 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
rattlesnake-tongue.jpg
915 KB, 1600x900
I'm a healthy adult male, do I need to go to a hospital for a rattlesnake bite? I don't have insurance and I heard the antivenom is really expensive.
>>
Trolll, probably the same bed bug fag, yeah enjoy blood clotting and cardiac arrest.
>>
Only if you don't want to die.
>>
>>2137971
No, you'll be fine. The toxicity of rattlesnake venom is heavily exaggerated. If you were a small child, then you'd definitely want to go to see a doctor, but as a grown adult you might experience some slight discomfort at most as the venom dilutes through your bloodstream.
>>
You're alright. Rattlesnakes really can't hurt you. At most its like getting stung by a bee but you won't die. I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>2137972
Please no I'm real I swear. I posted pictures fucking damn it. I don't want bed bugs in my house and I'm freaking out.
>>
>>2138016
I hope this is a joke.
>>
>>2138211
It's half true.

Rattlesnakes don't necessarily release venom every time they bite. Further, if OP is still feeling fine nearly 12 hours later, there's no point in getting the antivenin now.
>>
>>2138227
I hope THIS is also a joke.
Dry bites for rattlesnakes differ between species and it isn't 50%. Stop making statistics up. Also if you had a dry bite and went to the hospital they wouldn't give you antivenom just because you ask for it.

Stop being an idiot.
>>
>>2138211
>>2138237
Not a joke. It's appropriate advice for an OP that is either a) too stupid to troll /an/ properly or b) stupid enough to consult 4chan for snake bite advice

In either scenario we would count ourselves lucky for this person to be gone from the gene pool
>>
>>2138237
I didn't say 50%. I said what the other person mentioned is a half truth. That rattlesnakes and the danger of their bites are overstated.

The point being that if OP is feeling fine, his leg isn't burning or showing signs of infection, then there's no point in him going to the hospital racking up medical bills that he won't be able to pay for since he's broke.

Me personally? I'd go to the hospital because I'm not a broke schmuck and have good health insurance as well, but I understand that compromises and decisions need to be made on a cost/reward basis.

In short, drink bleach.
>>
Yeah OP here, I had a mild fever and some swelling but it's mostly gone down now and I feel fine. Glad I didn't bother with the hospital visit, heard that can cost over a hundred grand and I just can't afford that shit.
>>
Last night I had a dream that I had a big bowl of baby rattlesnakes, and I kept taking them out and milking a few drops of venom from them into another bowl, and when that bowl was full I dipped tortilla chips in it and ate it.
>>
File: Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg (876 KB, 1066x1500) Image search: [Google]
Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg
876 KB, 1066x1500
>>2138346
Tell me, what did the venom look like in your dream?
>>
>>2138346
I read it somewhere on the internet so it's probably bullshit, but venom isn't necessarily deadly to imbibe.

Venom works by being injected into your bloodstream, so assuming your digestive tract isn't fucked up you'd be fine dipping chips into a bowl of rattlesnake venom.

>venomous
>poisonous
Two distinct concepts, that often get mixed up.
>>
>>2137971
Yes
>>
>>2138351
Kind of like a pale yellowish color, texture and flavor was sort of like a cold watery cheese fondue, had the same kind of slightly bitter tinge to it.
>>
>>2140013
Cheese huh? Do you love your father?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.