[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Injured Fawn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 20160603_190211.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160603_190211.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
Hey /an/ I've got an abandoned fawn that I rescued that was trapped in a fence line and its foot was injured. at first the foot was just a little swollen but then the deer escaped for a day and when it came back the foot is in much worse shape and it needs to be amputated. but when we called the vet they said they would not work with the fawn. unless it came from a rescue centre so now I don't know what to do. I'm wondering if I can contact the rescue center to have them take the deer to the vet to get the foot amputated if I can pay the bill. Any one have any advice?
>>
File: 20160603_190144.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160603_190144.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
Here is the hoof in question.
>>
File: 20160603_190148.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160603_190148.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Here is an even closer look.

He walks and skips around in like no pain, but I don't think his foot is salvageable
>>
Call a wildlife rehab or your local fish and game. It should help if you really are willing to pay for it but it also depends if they will be able to keep it or have someone who can take care of it(its unlikely they will let you raise it).
Since its so young its unlikely if they take it I'm they will release it later.

If you can't foot the bill then honestly it's a hit and miss. They may or may not bother so make some phonecalls.
>>
>>2137752
Also the best-worst case scenario is that the foot will fall off on its own. I've seen many adult deer missing a leg get around fine. If no one takes it, take it in. Get some antibiotics from a farm supply sithe or store. Raise the bitch yourself and have a deer bro.
>>
>>2137745

Wildlife shelters will kill it.

I know you want to save it, but it's just a deer, their populations are not so bad that we need to save every single one. Kill it and let nature take its course.
>>
>People trying to save a deer instead of just shooting the fucking thing and making jerky.
Dawg, you have the perfect reason to take a deer out of season.

Stop being a retard and get yourself some food.
>>
>>2137769
>Eating a fawn
Are you the one also suggesting to eat newborn rabbits? There is no fucking meat on these things and what little you can get from it is completely shit.
>>
>>2137774
Hey man, you gotta' break some eggs to make an omelet.
>>
File: 1464904320806.jpg (20 KB, 209x215) Image search: [Google]
1464904320806.jpg
20 KB, 209x215
>>2137776
Eggs aren't fucking babies
>>
>>2137795
Dude, Rome wasn't built in a day.
>>
>>2137808
Shit rolls downhill and payday's on wednesday
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.