[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HI /an I'm hoping for some advice, the couple in this photo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: target.jpg (127 KB, 723x948) Image search: [Google]
target.jpg
127 KB, 723x948
HI /an

I'm hoping for some advice, the couple in this photo just stole my 3yr old sons pet cat, and refuses to give him back, apparently i have no legal standing as the kitten was too young to be registered yet.

Any advice from anyone would be appreciated, and any info you want is yours.
>>
Story?

Just try and steal it back.
>>
>>2137517
Do you have any proof you acquired a kitten,
from Breeder or Store like receipt, pedigree or vaccination record?
>>
This might be better posted on /adv/... but here's what you do. Dress up as a man from the natural gas company, and go pound on their door. When they come to the door tell them there is a gas leak emergency and they need to vacate the house immediately lest they die of natural gas poisoning. Tell them to go around to the back of the house, a safe distance away while you go close off the gas leak. Go inside their house and pretend to fix the gas leak and take a shit on their floor. Then get the cat and leave.
>>
Why did they steal it
>>
How did they steal it, why did they steal it, and do you have any proof that the kitten is yours?
>>
>>2137517
Have you spoken with them? Offer to split the cat. Cut it right down the middle.

It's only fair.
>>
Just gotta try and steal it back. If that doesnt work, make their lives hell. Introduce a miriad of pests into their home and yard, put bananas in their tail pipe every so often, shit on their doorstep and mailbox
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 540x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 540x628
You know what to do
>>
So what really happened is you left your cat outside and they started taking care of it because you weren't. It is their cat now.
>>
You gave your 3 yr old a cat? I'm glad they took it. Maybe the cat wont be tortured to death now.
>>
>>2137650
M8 I don't know what you were like at 3 but I think you might need serious therapy
>>
>>2137517

Correction: The landwhale stole it, and the beta loser that worships her because she let him cover himself in crisco and slide between her legs went along along with because he's a beta loser.

The solution is obvious: Pay a prostitute to seduce the beta, he'll run away from sea world, and the girl will die of loneliness compounded by diabeetus. Then you take the cat.
>>
>>2137517

God she just looks like a cunt. Look at her face. Open the picture. Look at her. Talk about grease-covered fist-bait.
>>
File: image.png (806 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
806 KB, 640x1136
>>2137866
What do you mean anon?
>>
Can't you get them for breaking and entering? How did they get into your house?
>>
>>2137658
I don't care how well behaved your 3yr old is; babies make mistakes. Even if your kid is somehow the most perfect being on the planet, 3yr olds are still clumsy and stupid.
>>
>>2137926
That implies its an indoor cat. We dont know that yet. For all we know yes OP had the cat inside and someone broke in or he left it outside. OP has provided such little information we can only assume he is a shit owner.
>>
Are you going to give us more information or are we supposed to assume these people broke into your house and stole your cat?

If you let your cat outside then there's nothing you can do and that's what you get for being a shitty owner. Get another cat and keep it inside this time
>>
>>2137946
Everyone is a shitty owner. It's simply a matter of degree.
>>
>>2137517
You already posted that thread once. Your homeless sister, family drama yada yada

So here's the idea:

Get some goons, invade their home and steal the kitten back.

Arm yourselves and threaten them, if you not sure.
>>
>>2138101
But that thread was for an older cat that they never took to the vet or anything for over five years.
>>
Threaten to call the police on them, but don't, do this instead.

MAKE LIFE A BIT BAD

Breed some red runner cockroaches until you have about 7000, then release them into their house, but keep about 2000 so you can breed them again.
Then get some crickets and breed those then put a lot in their mail box with a carrot slice.

MAKE LIFE A BIT BADDER

Get some nasty feeder rodents (preferably the rats as bigger) and breed those then release half in their house.
Silicone cucumbers and dildos and other cylinder objects up on a visible part of their roof where cars and shit can see it.

MAKE LIFE TERRIBLE

Bring your friends over and eat a lot of bananas, collect the peels and throw those across her yard.
Ask a person living across from them saying they did bad stuff to you and you want to make them shitty. Go on their roof and throw eggs and fruit and watermelon on their front yard, this encourages fungus, mold. and pests to come.

WORST

When they're all drunk go to them and say they're mexican and donald trump will deport them if you don't get your cat back.

Or just combine all of above

HAVE FUN!
>>
>>2137545
this
>>
>>2138094
>If you let your cat outside
>that's what you get for being a shitty owner.
Letting your cat outside is what a good responsible cat owner does to give their cat some quality of life.
Do americans actually keep their cats inside all the time? That's fucking awful. Indoor cats must have the most boring shitty lives possible for a cat.
>>
>>2138703
this is how you get yourself arrested and thrown into a mental hospital.

I can tell the toxoplasmosis is starting to take a toll on your brain.
>>
>>2140432
> to give their cat some quality of life.
92% of their lifespan being taken away just because you're too lazy to provide them with some mental stimulation sure is quality.
>>
>>2140447
>92% of their lifespan being taken away
Bullshit. You've quite clearly just made that 'statistic' up on the spot.
Domestic cats that are allowed outdoors don't live for 8% of their natural lifespan. If they did then domestic cats in britain (where all cats are allowed outdoors) would live to an average age of 15 years x 8% = 1.2 years (which they don't), or indoor cats in the US would live to the ripe old age of (15/8) x 100 = 187.5 years (which they don't).

If you're such a shit owner that you think allowing your cat any degree of freedom would immediately cause them to run away and desert you forever then you probably shouldn't have a cat in the first place.
Also I'm sure your cat has loads of fun mental stimulation while you're at work all day and it's locked in the house.

The only acceptable argument for keeping cats inside is to do with the potential ecological damage caused by cats in areas such as australia and new zealand, where the local wild life isn't adapted to deal with the threat of predation from cats. But if you live in one of these places you should probably just get a different type of pet.
>>
>>2140482
>Bullshit. You've quite clearly just made that 'statistic' up on the spot.
average lifespan for a outdoor cat is 1.

average lifespan for a indoor cat is 13.

that's a decrease of 92%, sorry that you're mathematically challenged.

>where the local wild life isn't adapted to deal with the threat of predation from cats.

the local wild life isn't adapted to deal with domestic cats anywhere.

because domestic cats have no native environment.

they do not have a place in the ecosystem.
>>
>>2140507
>average lifespan for a outdoor cat is 1.
>average lifespan for a indoor cat is 13.
>that's a decrease of 92%, sorry that you're mathematically challenged.
That is simply not true.
I've had 3 cats in my life, all of which have been allowed outdoors. First one died of cancer around 12 years old, second died of some kinda stroke or aneurysm at nearly 16 years old, third died after being hit by a car at 10 years old.
Your maths is fine, I've not got an issue with that, but the idea that the average lifespan for a cat that's allowed outdoors is 1 year is just false. I've no idea where you got it from but you're either misunderstanding the statistic (maybe cats abandoned outside only live for a year?) or you're intentionally lying.

Domesticated cats have been present in europe, north africa and the middle east for literally thousands of years. Although the local wildlife in these areas wasn't originally adapted to live with the threat of predation from cats, the damage has already been done. Animals unable to cope with the threat posed by cats have long since become extinct in areas close to human habitation.
>>
What is the thought process in committing an act against a person that you know you'll be caught for?

Because my first thought is "That fucker is going to be pissed, and probably egg my car or god knows what else that you can easily do without leaving evidence behind"

How do people do this shit and expect no consequences? Are people just that big of pussies these days? Because I would sure as hell be dumping brake fluid on someone's car and stealing their dog if they stole my cat.
>>
>>2137517
Literally kill them.
>>
>>2140519
>I've had 3 cats in my life, all of which have been allowed outdoors.
your anecdotes don't hold any sort of scientific value.
>but the idea that the average lifespan for a cat that's allowed outdoors is 1 year is just false
you can check for yourself if you'd like, keep in mind it's the global average.
>(maybe cats abandoned outside only live for a year?)
most outdoor cats are feral cats.

and before you claim an outdoor cat isn't the same thing as a feral, I'm going to have to disappoint you because there's literally no difference.

>Domesticated cats have been present in europe, north africa and the middle east for literally thousands of years.
not in these numbers.
>the damage has already been done.
it's a threat from the last few decades, the damage hasn't been done yet by a long shot, we've still got plenty of songbirds left that are all declining.

ask your grandmother, cats have been around for a while but there's never been a whole lot of them until the last 70 years.

you live in a bubble and have no grip on reality.
>>
>>2140482
are you so retarded that you think cats are magical and such special snowflakes that if they aren't entertained 100% of the time that it's somehow cruel? or are you telling me that no one who works should be allowed to have a dog either?
>b-b-but cats are different!
no they're not. youre just so deluded in your anthropomorphizing that you think cats have some weird special needs that other animals don't

and even then, there are plenty of toys designed to keep a cat busy and engaged while you are away. don't use that as a piss poor excuse for tossing your cat outside to get the playtime you're too lazy to give.

and no, most outdoor cats die very very young. I know because part of my job is examining cats hit by cars that the city picks up to try and locate an owner. every day. you think owning a couple outdoor cats that got lucky proves any sort of point? fucking laughable

>only in areas like Australia or New Zealand
you are aware of the billions of animals in the US that they kill and the 33~ species of birds they're responsible for the extinction of, right? and that they're regarded as one of the top 100 worst invasive species of all time? and that they are still causing massive amounts of damage in the US and UK? or are you just so up your own ass that you choose to ignore this

on top of that, cat shit is a huge water pollutant that is fucking up the endangered monk seal population and others via toxoplasmosis, and your shitty cats running around outside drop property value and public health. they waste the resources of local animal control and shelters/rescues. they waste time at vet clinics. outdoor cats that carry FeLV and other diseases can effect other big cats (that are fucking native) if they eat your cat. this is how several critically endangered Florida Panthers died via FeLV complications

but nah, plying with your cat inside is just too cruel :(((((
>>
>>2140529
Let's look at how this argument started.
You argued that by allowing your cats to come and go from your home as they please you would be reducing their lifespan by 92%.
In order to back up this laughably false statement you claimed the existence of statistics that show the average lifespan of a pet cat allowed to roam free is 1 year.
It now turns out that these statistics refer only to feral cats (i.e. cats with little to no human contact, and no veterinary care, that must hunt their own food in order to survive) despite this data being wholly irrelevant to a discussion about cats that sleep indoors, are fed by humans, have comprehensive veterinary care, and are allowed to roam outside of their own freewill.
You have clearly noticed the problem of using these highly irrelevant statistics to defend your argument and so qualify their use with the caveat
>before you claim an outdoor cat isn't the same thing as a feral, I'm going to have to disappoint you because there's literally no difference.
even though this claim too is laughably false.
Basically by making the claim that allowing a cat to go outside reduces it's lifespan by 92% you are at best being willfully ignorant and at worst being wholly dishonest.

You may well have a point about the recent increase in cat numbers, when referring to the presence of cats in europe I was speaking from gut feeling rather than looking up the relevant statistics.

>you live in a bubble and have no grip on reality.
The bubble I live in is called the UK, and I can assure you that in the UK almost all cat owners would consider it cruel to keep their cats locked inside all the time just as I'm sure you >>2140543 would consider it cruel to keep a dog locked inside all of its life. While I can't find any specific data on the lifespan of pet cats in the UK, I am certain due to my own anecdotal experiences that it is not significantly less than the average lifespan for a pet cat of 15 years.
>>
>>2140550 (continued)

The arguments made in >>2140543 about the ecological impact of cat ownership are all good points. And while I feel that these points are of little relevance to cat ownership in western europe, it now seems clear to me that I was too quick to judge US cat owners for keeping their cats indoors.
>>
I like bunnies.
>>
>>2140550
>You argued that by allowing your cats to come and go from your home as they please you would be reducing their lifespan
no I said the average lifespan of an outdoor cat is -92% of an indoor cat.
>It now turns out that these statistics refer only to feral cats
there's no difference between a feral and an outdoor cat.
> (i.e. cats with little to no human contact, and no veterinary care, that must hunt their own food in order to survive)
you realize that's the norm for ALL outdoor cats right?

why do you think we have so many 'my cat is injured pls halp' threads? it's because cat owners are too lazy and too stupid to provide proper care for their pets.
>irrelevant to a discussion about cats that sleep indoors
most cats sleep indoors, feral or not, a cat without shelter doesn't live very long regardless of what stage of it's life it's in.

>even though this claim too is laughably false.

go ahead and explain what a difference between a feral and a outdoor cat is so we can all point and laugh at you.
>>
>>2140565
Look at these posts.
>>2140432
>>2140445
You claimed that allowing a cat outside reduces it's lifespan by 92%. Look at the context of these posts. It's clear to anyone with a decent reading comprehension that we are talking about letting your pet cat outside. It is also clear that we are not talking about locking your pet cat outside permanently and withdrawing all food and veterinary care.

>you realize that's the norm for ALL outdoor cats right?
>go ahead and explain what a difference between a feral and a outdoor cat is so we can all point and laugh at you.
I simply assumed that your ambiguous definition of outdoor cat was a shorthand way to refer to the topic being talked about (i.e. pet cats that are allowed outside), not a description of an entirely different matter (i.e. feral cats).
>>
>>2140572
>You claimed that allowing a cat outside reduces it's lifespan by 92%
and it does.
>we are talking about letting your pet cat outside.
again, there's no difference between an outdoor cat and a feral.
>It is also clear that we are not talking about locking your pet cat outside permanently and withdrawing all food and veterinary care.
how it that clear? that's what the average care for an outdoor cat is like, do you never leave your basement or something?
>an entirely different matter (i.e. feral cats).
how is that a different matter????

can you explain the difference between an outdoor cat and a feral????

they're outdoor cats and not ferals because they have shelter??? but most cats have shelter, otherwise they kind of die you know.

they're ferals because they have to catch food for themselves???? you realize ferals are often fed by humans right, that's why they're always near human settlements, cats do the same thing raccoons do to your trash as well.

they're ferals because they're not socialized???? many ferals are social as hell, many outdoor cats are anti-social as well.
>>
Indoor cat / Outdoor cat debate? On my /an/? Surely, you jest.
>>
>>2140577
You seem to be trying to define outdoor cats as too different things at the same time. On the one hand you claim that a cat raised by humans, fed by humans, given veterinary care by humans and allowed outside is an outdoor cat. But on the other hand you claim that an outdoor cat is a cat that is raised in the absence of humans, and is given little food or veterinary care. Which is it anon?

>that's what the average care for an outdoor cat is like, do you never leave your basement or something?
It's clear to me that you have had very little interaction if any with "outdoor cats" (referring to pet cats that are allowed outdoors) and definitely less interaction with them than me because ALMOST ALL CATS IN THE UK ARE ALLOWED OUTDOORS. In this country pet cats are tagged, usually neutered, and are given adequate veterinary care.

Interestingly enough the statistic you keep coming back to about outdoor cats having a life expectancy of 1 year refers to the fact that feral kittens living without human assistance are expected to have a high death rate with up to 50% dying before they are a year old - this is clearly not the case with "outdoor cats" that are usually raised entirely indoors as kittens until they are deemed old enough to keep safe outdoors. Once they're past a year old there's little evidence that even feral cats have a significantly higher death-rate than cats kept indoors. (citation incoming, comment too long)
Cats that are born and raised without human assistance (i.e. food and veterinary care) are feral. Feral cats can become domesticated if they choose to live sociably with you instead of skulking around your bins. Cats that are born domesticated but choose to live a feral lifestyle without humans are called strays. Cats that are raised by humans, live with humans and are given food, shelter and veterinary care and are allowed to go outside are what you would call "outdoor cats" (I'd just call them pet cats).
>>
>>2140609
Citation:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12523478
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feral_cat#Life_span_and_survival
>A long-term study of a trap-neuter-return (TNR) program on a university campus in Central Florida found that, despite widespread concern about the welfare of free-roaming cats, 83% of the cats studied had been present for over six years, with almost half first observed as adults of unknown age. The authors compare this result to a 1984 study that found a mean lifespan for domesticated cats of 7.1 years.

I'd also recommend going to the wikipedia page on feral cats for a more nuanced discussion of the definition of feral cats.
>The feral cat is a cat that has been born into wildness or has not had human interaction for a significant period of time and is self-sufficient. There is some disagreement over exactly what classifies a cat as feral, but groups tend to use factors such as the cat's levels of socialization and comfort with humans, and whether it is owned, kept confined, or dependent on humans for survival to determine whether a cat is feral. Feral cats are usually considered to be distinct from stray cats, which are socialized cats who no longer live in homes, but could potentially be reintroduced successfully.
>>
>>2140609
>a cat raised by humans, fed by humans, given veterinary care by humans and allowed outside is an outdoor cat
that's an outdoor cat, it's just not the standard care for an outdoor cat.
>But on the other hand you claim that an outdoor cat is a cat that is raised in the absence of humans, and is given little food or veterinary care.
that's most outdoor cats.

>It's clear to me that you have had very little interaction if any
this only demonstrated that you don't go outside.

it's impossible to live in the first world and NOT interact with cats.
>ALMOST ALL CATS IN THE UK ARE ALLOWED OUTDOORS
almost all cats in your country are severely neglected.

you'd go to jail if you did that with any other animal.

it's allowed with cats because cats are objectively worthless, they have less value than the rats they hunt.

>this is clearly not the case with "outdoor cats"
again, there is no difference between a feral and a outdoor cat.
> that are usually raised entirely indoors as kittens
most of what you'd call an 'outdoor cat' are adopted ferals from shelters.

they start exactly like that.
>high death rate with up to 50%
50% isn't high.

and it's in the 90's, hardly any kittens being born in general make it to adulthood.

why are there so many? because cats are glorified rats, while 99% might die they fuck so much that they make up for it.

all cats outside are strays, because they're all neglected, you can't let a cat outdoors unsupervised and NOT neglect it.
>>
>>2140620
that's a study done on adult cats, it's not going to give you a clear answer because it doesn't take the death ratio of kittens into account.

with animals born outside it's fair to say that a very small percentage manages to live past adulthood, maturity for cats is 1.
>The feral cat is a cat that has been born into wildness or has not had human interaction for a significant period of time and is self-sufficient.
these cats do not exist.

all ferals cats live near human settlements, all of them leech off it.
>>
>>2140626
>it's just not the standard care for an outdoor cat.
>that's most outdoor cats.
>almost all cats in your country are severely neglected.
>again, there is no difference between a feral and a outdoor cat.
>and it's in the 90's, hardly any kittens being born in general make it to adulthood.
>why are there so many? because cats are glorified rats, while 99% might die they fuck so much that they make up for it.
>all cats outside are strays, because they're all neglected, you can't let a cat outdoors unsupervised and NOT neglect it.
Thank you. The blatant disregard for facts shown here confirm for me that you're a troll. Well played, you had me going for a bit there.

But then this post >>2140636 seems real?! What is going on?? Although you missed the point that the data deliberately ignores kitten death-rates as they are not applicable to pet cats who are raised indoors as kittens (as most pet cats are).
Let me try and simplify this.
If you went and installed a cat-flap now for your adult cat it wouldn't suddenly reduce the expected life span of your cat to about 1 more year. This is because allowing your cat outside doesn't suddenly reduce it to the helpless state of a kitten, magically giving it a 50% chance of dying in its new first year of life without human care.

>all ferals cats live near human settlements, all of them leech off it.
there are islands totally devoid of human habitation with feral cats living on them.

Anyway this argument is giving me a headache now, unless you plan on using some kind of logic or facts in your comments then I'm gonna pretend I have something better to do.
>>
>>2140646
>as they are not applicable to pet cats who are raised indoors as kittens
the amount of pet cats raised indoors is statistically worthless, barely any of them are.
>(as most pet cats are).
most pet cats are adopted from shelters.

most shelter cats are ferals and general trash.
>If you went and installed a cat-flap now for your adult cat it wouldn't suddenly reduce the expected life span of your cat to about 1 more year.
I don't think you understand that I'm talking about the average lifespan for an average cat and not the average life expectancy for an individual cat.
>magically giving it a 50% chance of dying in its new first year of life without human care.
if we're talking about cats raised by humans in captivity being allowed outdoors it's chances of surviving it's first year are still below 50%.

outdoor cats don't live long.

their life quality doesn't improve.

their life in general doesn't improve.
>there are islands totally devoid of human habitation with feral cats living on them.
without humans there's no cats to become feral by your logic.
>>
>>2140550
>in the UK almost all cat owners would consider it cruel to keep their cats locked inside all the time just as I'm sure you would consider it cruel to keep a dog locked inside all of its life

This is the biggest false equivalency I see thrown around in these arguments.

Letting a dog outside onto YOUR ENCLOSED property =/= letting your cat free roam.

You can argue ecological impact and cat health all you want but there is absolutely NO excuse for letting your animal free roam onto other peoples' property. Keep your pet on your own property. End of story.
>>
>>2140657
it's not false.

but just because it's considered cruel doesn't mean it is.

you can keep both of those animals indoors their entire life as long as they're excercised with enough mental stimulation.

the difference being that dog owners, unlike cat owners aren't basement dwelling NEETs.
>>
>>2140662
No I agree, a dog or cat doesn't need a yard as long as you're adequately stimulating and exercising it in other ways. The false equivalency is that letting a cat into your yard is the exact same as letting a dog into your yard, when that's not the same at all because dogs will be confined to a normal yard while cats will not be.
>>
>>2140664
>The false equivalency is that letting a cat into your yard is the exact same as letting a dog into your yard
it's the same for both actually, unless your yard is properly fenced they'll get out and make you the very definition of a bad neighbour.

if your think the average dog that's put in a average yard isn't able to get out I'd like you to visit the suburbs.

>fucking barking dogs everywhere all day.

>fucking meowing cats everywhere all night.

it's truly a time to be a alive.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.