[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /an/, I found this bird soaking wet in a puddle in the middle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 20160601_201035.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160601_201035.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Hey /an/, I found this bird soaking wet in a puddle in the middle of the road. He seems to have an injured foot as well. He won't grasp with it and it is bloody. What can I do to help him at home?
>>
>>2136137
Depends, do you have a hammer?
>>
take it to a wildlife rescue

100% worth it for shrikes
>>
>>2136143

This is a shrike? Poor thing won't leave my hand. There is a bad storm out tonight so I will see if there any close by.
>>
Oh god he just fell asleep and I thought he died. This is terrifying.
>>
>>2136147

Yeah, I'm envious you're so close to one. Good luck with it. I wouldn't beat yourself up if it goes south- if they're easy to handle they're in very rough shape already.
>>
Call a vet for advice if you can't find information of nearest rescue or whatever. You might just get told to let nature do its work but animal people are pretty well connected regardless.
>>
Grab a shovel, lay it on its belly then cut its head off. Absolutely painless I promise you
>>
File: 20160601_221659.jpg (2 MB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
20160601_221659.jpg
2 MB, 2576x1932
>>2136201

Would rather not, after drying off he is feeling much better and has been hopping around. I got him so crickets so that should keep him occupied. If he looks this good tomorrow and keeps trying to escape I'll let him out tomorrow. Rain is still too heavy now, he would be back on the ground in no time.

>>2136159

I didn't even know they were that rare. I thought he was a mockingbird when I first looked at him. He's a little bratty now that he's not soaked to the bone, but I have him in a tub with a towel over half of it. He seems to enjoy the wood shavings as well. I thought he might be more comfortable with a perch but he was not having any of it. I included a photo for you, he looks a lot more alive.

>>2136163

I don't think its really needed, I was luckily the first to find him and he didn't get hit by any cars. I checked out his leg and it's just a scratch. He is using it and can move all his toes with no difficulty. His biggest problem was the rain. The closest rescue is a couple hour drive, and with his condition he should be fine.
>>
>>2136284
I love you anon. You did good tonight. If you have more pics feel free to post because they make me happy.
>>
File: 20160601_221847.jpg (2 MB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
20160601_221847.jpg
2 MB, 2576x1932
>>2136300

Glad I made him out and that he was in the dead center of the road or else this thread wouldn't exist. He was so sad looking, I had to do it.

I was trying to get a photo of his foot but he is a brat!
>>
File: 20160601_225828.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160601_225828.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>2136300

Also, glad to see that more people like birds as much as I do! Here is him sleeping on the perch. He'll be released tomorrow morning if the rain has stopped.
>>
I'm so glad you rescued him <3
>>
He has been released! He flew away quite happily, I hope he does well. He did not want me to pick him up to carry him out, but I'm glad that he is okay now.
>>
>>2136137
Fist it with a cotton bud.
>>
File: Bart pigeon.jpg (25 KB, 487x544) Image search: [Google]
Bart pigeon.jpg
25 KB, 487x544
>>2136137
>What can I do to help him at home?
Take care of him until he's ready to leave.
>>
Not often we get an injured animal thread where the animal actually makes it. Kudos
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.