[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we keep developing medical treatment if it only weakens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Bee-collecting-pollen-010.jpg (30 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Bee-collecting-pollen-010.jpg
30 KB, 460x276
Why do we keep developing medical treatment if it only weakens us as a species? I know that protecting others of your species is a basic instinct, but humans are smart enough to go against their instincts. Trying to keep every human alive is destroying the planet and soon it won't be able to support all of us. Even now lots of important species are going extinct due to human interference. Why are we willing to sacrifice species of other animals and the health of the entire planet just for the sake of promoting the survival of an already severely overpopulated species?
>>
>>2135953
>Implying overpopulation is in anyway a serious concern.
Here's an idea, if you think more humans should die, why don't you kill yourself?
>>
>>2135953
thats why cancer isnt cured yet
>>
>Why do we keep developing medical treatment if it only weakens us as a species?

That is the opposite of what it does. I'm sorry science hasn't found a cure for the brain disease that makes you this fucking stupid.

Anyway, what >>2135957 said.
>>
if it's really making us that weak it'll be a problem that'll fix itself, so I don't really follow your train of thought.
>>
>>2135967
Different anon, but we're artificially propping ourselves up with medicines and science. Instead of allowing natural selection to kill off the people that cannot fight viruses or bacterial on our own (and other things too), we're allowing these weakened people to breed into our population and by extension weakening the entire populations immune system. Same goes for stupidity. If you're not smart enough to avoid the edge of a fragile cliff, when the cliff crumbles and you fall to your death, we've just cleaned the gene pool. Instead we put up guard rails and the stupid are still with us. Let the stupid kill themselves. Let the weak die. There are plenty of us around. We're not going to suffer getting our gene pool cleansed. Fuck. Let the serial killers out. We don't have very many natural predators anymore. Maybe if we actually have some real predators hunting us, we might even improve.
>>
>>2135963
get educated dumbass. the more medicine we take the more likely bacteria and viruses become resistant. what happens when we hit the ceiling and none of our medicine works against the illnesses we mutated.

cnn.com/2016/05/26/health/first-superbug-cre-case-in-us/index.html
>>
>>2136176
>Gets his news from CNN
>buys into superbug hype
>Doubts the human race's ability to overcome disease when we've eradicated TWO diseases from the face of the Earth.
>>
>>2135957
Not OP, but overpopulation is absolutely a massive problem.
The solution isn't killing people, but the general public needs to stop being retarded and having so many kids.
>>
>>2136210
Guess what? A large portion of developed nations actually have negative birth rates.

And as developing countries gain access to education, their birth rates drop to.

Quit bitching.
>>
>>2135953
this is the dumbest post ive read this week.
>>
>>2135953
we aren't really concerned with the survival of our species.

We're working to improve the quality of life for all individuals. The more individuals we have, the more improvements we get. Also we're concerned with improving OUR lives, we don't really give a fuck about other creatures unless their existence helps improve ours.

If you don't like it you're always welcome to drop out. Vote with your feet or your pistol or whatever. You'll find the number of people that agree with you in word to be huge. The number that agree with you in action is insignificant.
>>
>>2136158
You see a very low-level kind of survival.

It's impossible to have what you envision without giving up what makes human. There would not be scientists working on high tech cleanrooms in that society. It would be chaos.
>>
Humans come with a short sightedness that us inherent to any social species. We're always going to prioritise our own lives and the lives of those that share our genetics before anyone else's because doing those thkngs is partially why we're successful as a species. To function better as a sentient global society we're going ro have to go extinct and pass the torch to technological intelligences.
>>
File: bear with me.jpg (77 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
bear with me.jpg
77 KB, 900x600
Just wow, 4chan really is full of brainwashed idiots.
Don't let them bring you down, OP. I can see your point and I must say that I agree with you. And to anyone who is wondering; I am ready to sacrifice myself (along with the rest of the population who must be exterminated) for the guaranteed well being of each other.
Because in conclusion, would you rather give up your happiness for a small group of people who could truly enjoy it and make the best of it, or would you resist and make everyone, including yourself suffer due to over-population?
Compassion, comrades.
>>
Humans are a fucking cancer on this planet, it's mindboggling when you realize the vast majority of our landmasses have the disgusting signs of human habitations all over. The old distinction between "the city", "the countryside" and "the wilderness" is an outdated 19th century concept, since everything just blends into itself now through suburbs and endless farmland. You can only truly get away from civilization by moving into unlivalbe hellholes like the jungle or the siberian taiga.
Sometimes I really do wish human civilization would collapse. A good, 95+% population drop is just what our filthy smog-ridden earth needs.
>>
File: 9Jq6Ct3.jpg (34 KB, 444x331) Image search: [Google]
9Jq6Ct3.jpg
34 KB, 444x331
>>2135953
It's ok OP, we're just terraforming the planet.

What, you don't believe all that bullshit science about us 'evolving' from apes do you? Sure, we may have come from apes, but it wasn't done naturally.

We were created in some lab.
>>
>>2137099
Different anon. 75% seems more reasonable. We still need the infrastructure to work.
>>
The supervolcano will reset everything.
>>
>>2136182
>we are going to last forever
>humans henceforth immune and able to cure any virus/bacteria to ever exist, currently known or not
>it is scientifically impossible for diseases to mutate beyond our control, forever, no matter what
>herp derp mainstream source so it's obviously 100% wrong because im not a mainstream faggot and I say so
>don't worry I won't provide any sources or data to back myself up because it's all wrong anyway
keep on riding bro, I sincerely wish that I could live such an ignorant life as well.
>>
>>2137357
not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic or not.

we're a few years away from the tech to cure any disease that comes along.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/after-secret-harvard-meeting-scientists-announce-plans-for-synthetic-human-genomes/ar-BBtMYQC?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=U142DHP
>>
>>2137359
>discuss an ambitious plan
skepticism activated right there. There's no doubt the technology could exist, but to think it would be a situation where no human ever gets a terminal disease is pretty far out there. Either discreetly nipped in the butt by world governments or made available only to the 1% is a more realistic outcome. There needs to be some form of population control and outbreaks are the perfect way to do it without the blame falling on anyone.

there's always a catch and it almost always has to do with money.
>>
File: an abstract kind of hell.jpg (372 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
an abstract kind of hell.jpg
372 KB, 854x859
Support better sex education.
Reduce or stop eating meat, but if you can go fully vegan that's even better.

I for one plan on getting sterilized if I can afford it, but to be fair I would do that anyway. My genes are pure shit and I refuse to chance making someone else suffer the same diseases I have.
>>
>>2137503
But you should go even further. Think of all the CO2 you create and all the deforested areas and waste you are indirectly responsible for.

You should think of enrolling in the Smith and Wesson retirement plan.
>>
>humans
>instinct
>>
>>2135953
because all life is really made to do is to reproduce itself

If you didn't have kids and passed on your genes you basically failed as an organism, at some point of their lives nearly everybody, especially women, will want to have kids at one point because it's in our programming so to speak.

Life only really exists to replicate itself, an organism that failed to pass on it's genes basically failed at life.

Who decides who should have kids and who shouldn't? How the hell could something like this even be enforced? It can't really.
>>
>>2137592
I sure as hell didn't have a kid and wont. My genes are totally fucked and I'm glad that I didn't pass that along to anyone.
>>
>>2137503
My husband got sterilized for free at planned parenthood. The whole procedure took 10mins with minimal pain and only a week of recovery time.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.