[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Livestock Thread: Malay edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
Post heritage and little known breeds of livestock.

Just because they're domesticated and we eat them doesn't mean they aren't interesting.
>>
File: malay5_zps8b22efde.jpg (61 KB, 663x918) Image search: [Google]
malay5_zps8b22efde.jpg
61 KB, 663x918
>>2135619
Honestly if I ever have the money I want to make a breed of chickens taller than Malay (3ft on average)

Like a 4' 15/18lb bird would be perfect
>>
The pomeranian equivalent to chocobos.
>>
>>2135631
Basically.

I religiously prohibited from eating emu or ostrich so wanting a 4' chicken is the next best thing.
>>
>>2135640

Which religion?
>>
>>2135620
perfect for what exactly?
>>
I want to raise a few heritage turkeys someday.
>>
>>2135619
>>2135620
How does one go about buying a mini oviraptor?
>>
>>2135793
Judaism
>>2135809
Providing a quickly reproducing large source of meat for observant Jewish people that doesn't require us to sell half of it (like with cows, goat, sheep) unless we're willing to pay stupid amounts to remove the trief parts.
>>2135883
Chicken forums
>>
>>2136009
Maybe just leave old retarded beliefs behind. I'm not going to comment on religion in general, but do you really think god would give a shit if you ate emu or a specific part of a cow or something? That is completely retarded.

I mean go ahead and breed superchickens though, in the end those would still be pretty cool.
>>
>>2136029
If you want to be an annoying fedora go speak with someone else. What's retarded are people like you that can't not shut the fuck up when someone chooses to believe in something
>>
>>2136048
>fedora for asking a single question
Good job lashing out and not answering anything though. Are you just lashing out because you refuse to think for yourself in any form or what?

I don't care if someone is religious in general at all and am not arguing against the concept of religion, I just think blindly following the really absurd specific crap like that was stupid and was asking why you think some all powerful all knowing being would give a shit if you ate a specific part of a cow. Is there even a reason for it? Do you think you'd end up in hell if you happened to just eat the wrong part of an animal? Because even if the actual religion is real that sounds like some weird bullshit some person added in along the way.
>>
>>2136048
Different fedora here. It's stupid to believe something just because you choose to instead of coming to conclusions based on evidence, in all cases. You should expect your autistic rules about what kind of biomass you are and aren't allowed to digest to come up because they aren't based in any kind of reality. Quit being so thin skinned.
But if god's bizarre will involves you bringing giant birds back to the world he's an okay guy by me.
>>
Jeez I'm sorry I even asked about OPs religion. You stupid fucks have derailed a perfectly good chicken thread.
>>
>>2136294
Can these unrelated comments be deleted by a mod so we can talk about livestock?
>>
Why havent people bred other animals to the extent that we have dogs. I want the great dane equivalent of a chicken.
>>
>>2136298
>please censor my internet experience for me
>>
>>2136310
It's not related to chickens, let it go
>>2136299
Chickens seem to have been primarily for egg production historically, with industrialization faster growth was more important. Feed to weight ratios from what I gather seem to be more efficient with larger animals however shorter returns may be better given the toughness of mature chicken flesh may be unpleasant for those unfamiliar with the quality.

Castrating extra males mitigates toughness though.
>>
>>2136329
>>2136310
>>2136298
>refuses to even slightly answer a simple question.

The amount of delusion people can live under absolutely amazes me. Not even just limited to religious stuff, it seems almost everyone has some weird retarded belief rooted in nothingness they follow obsessively. (I mean, I do too, but at least I recognize my ocdish stuff is stupid)
>>
>>2136029
Why do you care what a stranger chooses to eat or not?
>>
>>2136341
Go away
>>
>>2136344
I don't. I 100% support OP in making giant chickens, because that sounds cool as fuck.

Sorry this thread isn't an internet safespace, maybe you'd have more luck over on tumblr or reddit or something.
>>
>>2136360
>internet safespace
Are you retarded? No one here is offended, we all just want you to shut the fuck up with the misplaced, condescending, off topic bullshit. No one cares that you're an atheist, no one came here to debate religious beliefs, this is a board about fucking animals.

Stop fucking posting. No one cares what you think about anything besides animals.
>>
>>2136361
I'm not even an athiest.

Is everyone on /an/ usually this retarded? This could have been a two post exchange, jesus christ you guys rile up easily.

>No one cares what you think about anything besides animals.
You sure seem to care a whole lot, and keep replying and perpetuating it for some reason.
>>
>>2136361
Just leave anon alone and let's get back to my topic :3
Thanks for trying to help.
>>
>>2136299

If you look into it you will find that chickens have been extensively bred for both ornamental and industrial use. I tend to like ornamental breeds; their differences start with plumage and markings, and can go more indepth with comb type and body. This with the fact that many breeds have both standard and bantham sized varieties are just a few examples of the many different types of chickens; they are great animals and some really cool literature had come out on them in the last 10-15 years
>>
>>2136365
>"hurr why do you keep replying," replied Anon

What's the friendliest chicken breed? I want to know for when I'm bored, middle-aged and have a lawn.
>>
>>2136048
It has nothing to do with being a fedora. The old religious texts that ban certain food are just old tips and tricks for not dying of either red-tide infected clams/shellfish, parasite infected pork(which can be completely edible if cooked over a certain temperature) and eggs(same thing applies).
Your god has nothing to do with it.
Old common sense turned moot with time and modern science.
>>
>>2137130
You don't think I know the proposed reasons behind the multitude of dietary laws in Judaism?

I don't care, it's the fact that you annoying fags can't shut up and talk about giant chickens and instead just talk about Judaism and the validity of believing it or not.

4k years and looking around we've done quite well for ourselves, you or anyone of you that can't seem to talk about livestock don't need to chime in on it or not
>>
leave the Jew alone. He could know exactly how to answer your question but doesn't want to waste his time and his energy explaining theology when he just wants to talk about chickens.
>>
File: 1464458214760-4.png (24 KB, 382x379) Image search: [Google]
1464458214760-4.png
24 KB, 382x379
>"OYYYY VEEEYYYYY!!!"
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.