[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop my dog from collecting snails? She is let out each
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: snailllllllsss.jpg (124 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
snailllllllsss.jpg
124 KB, 640x426
How do I stop my dog from collecting snails?
She is let out each night before bed to do her business and is allowed out to play in the garden during the day. I do try to supervise her but she's a sneaky little bugger and we have two dogs. Every now and again I will catch her trotting along with one in her mouth heading towards her bed and I take it off her and throw it into newt doors garden.
I just emptied her crate and shook out her bedding to find like a dozen snails. She's clearly been storing them as theres no way for them to get in on their own and I really don't see why they would.
My house now has a snail problem. How do I stop her?
>>
>>2135346
put tobasco on all the sniles.
>>
>>2135346
that's pretty dope man

id love to have a snail collection delivered to me
>>
>>2135346
That's hilarious. Wish I could help.
>>
>>2135346
damn. i guess dogs CAN have autism.
>>
OP, would you like it if your mom threw away the shit you collect?
>>
>>2135346
Did you vaccinate your dog?

She appears to have autism.
>>
>>2135356
My retard dog would lick the tabasco off
>>2135366
I already have pet snails, I do NOT need more. We have had a chat and she doesn't seem to understand this.
>>2135369
Hilarious when you don't have snail slime on everything.
>>2135518
She is very special
>>2135528
I have a small collection of her special things framed. She has always been a collector, trouble is snails move.
>>2135530
Yes I did.
>>
File: image_32.jpg (5 KB, 154x200) Image search: [Google]
image_32.jpg
5 KB, 154x200
What the fuck anon
>>
That is incredibly adorable.
>>
File: BitterApple_01.jpg (24 KB, 324x468) Image search: [Google]
BitterApple_01.jpg
24 KB, 324x468
>>2135346
Looks like you'll have to spray each and every snail in your area with bitter apple deterrent.
>>
This is cute, but could be concerning for your dog.

As a fellow snail owner you know that snails carry many diseases and parasites. Having unclean snails in her mouth (or near) is a problem.

I suggest spotlight checking her before entering the house. Maybe wash her mouth once a week.

If you want to go more drastic - kill all of the snails in your yard.
>>
>>2135346
Boil and eat the snails.
>>
>>2137066
>kill all the snails
You really think you can get rid of me?
>>
>>2137066
>>2137132
honestly, yeah, kill em. unless you've got a compost heap, there's no good reason to keep the snails around.

at night, when the dog's inside for the night, put out a bowl and fill it with cheap beer. they'll climb in and drown. also pat down coffee grounds in the soil of your garden so you have a daytime deterrent.
>>
Snails carry schistosomiasis, meningitis, lungworms and salmonella.
>>
OP you should try a pet-safe snail killer. I forget the name of the brand I use, but it's biodegradable. Just make sure to follow the instructions and not put too much onto the soil or put it in piles--if it's too conspicuous your dog may, like my cat did, notice how delicious it is. I mean, it is pet-safe, like I said, but still, it's probably not great to gobble mouthfuls of it at a time, which my cat does when he comes across a mound of it.
>>
Where do you live that your dog can find snails big enough to pick up?
>>
>throwing snails into a garden
i bet your neighbor hates you
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.