[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>at the local park with my father and my child >see duck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Duck.jpg (93 KB, 667x500) Image search: [Google]
Duck.jpg
93 KB, 667x500
>at the local park with my father and my child
>see duck splashing around frantically in the lake
>duck is stuck on fishing line, fishing line is stuck on plants
>borrow a knife from an onlooker, walk into the water
>duck calms down long enough for me to see fishing hook, complete with lure, stuck in her side under right wing
>touch it to see if I can get it out, but can tell it's too deep
>duck starts panicking
>cut the line so it doesn't pull on the hook and make things worse
>duck is now loose in park with a hook in it, dragging fishing line
>looked for park officials, no one is there because Memorial Day
>went home, called five animal rescue places so far, all closed because Memorial Day
>Animal Control in my county is closed every Monday anyway

Is there anything else I can do? I don't think she's at risk of bleeding out or anything, but I do think she's likely to get an infection. That's standing water filled with shit.

What are her chances of pulling through without more intervention?
>>
I'd have told you to shoot it, but I doubt it's duck season for you.
>>
>>2134097
I'm not allowed to have a gun because of previous hospitalizations, and definitely did not have one with me at the park.
>>
>>2134104
So you're a suicidal girl. That's cool.

How'd you try to do it?
>>
>>2134108
I didn't, I was hallucinating myself dying over and over, and thought the only way to make it stop was to die for real, but I didn't want to die. So I called for help and the police came and detained me.

That's besides the point, though.

I finally reached an animal rescue that's open, but it's a long way away, and I would need to catch the duck myself. Which I can't do, because at this point it would probably require a boat.

So I think I'm stuck waiting until Animal Control opens tomorrow.
>>
>>2134121
Yeah, but how *were* you going to do it?

My money is on pills.
>>
>>2134126
You lost that money. I wasn't coherent enough to plan ahead. I was just going to stab/cut myself.
>>
>>2134138
Gotta' give you credit for at least taking it halfway serious.

How many tattoos do you have?
>>
>>2134140
please tell me your not trying to pickup chicks on the animals and nature board on 4chan
>>
>>2134622
I'm trying to figure out just how damaged she is.

But yeah, maybe.
>>
Update, called at least eight places. One got back to me to tell me that they couldn't help me. Only one picked up the phone when I called, and he wanted me to bring it in, but that would require me chasing an injured duck around a lake, when I don't possess a boat or anything to catch it with, except maybe a towel.

Does anyone know if Animal Control would be helpful in this situation? They've kind of rubbed me the wrong way in the past, but they're opening soon.

>>2134625
I'd really just rather help this duck than give my life story. It's not that interesting, I promise.
>>
>>2134121
Haley..?
>>
>>2134944
No.
>>
>>2134906
Animal control can't help you with an animal you don't have, amiga.

Also, where did it all go wrong?
>>
Update: Called Animal control, got redirected to DNR, got redirected to some other place that I didn't catch the name of because the DNR official was having phone troubles. Talked to someone who said they'd contact some rehab agents, and the duck would definitely get help. Took down my name and number, said I'd be receiving a call, have not yet received the call. But I'm feeling much better about this, hopefully they find the time to go out and get her. I'll give them another few hours before I call back to check on the status of my request.

If all else fails, I'll call friends over and see if I can get a duck-wrangling party together. There are plenty of rehab facilities in the area, just very few that do fieldwork, apparently.

>tfw getting this worked up over a fucking duck

>>2135005
I'm actually curious, are you genuinely interested? I assumed you were just being annoying, but you're persistence is giving me some doubt.
>>
>>2135036
your*
I'm tired.
>>
>>2135039
You aren't Haley? Are you sure? I need to know.
>>
>>2135036
I'm always down for a good, or bad, story.

Lay it on thick to me, sister.
>>
>>2135041
Pretty sure.

>>2135047
If you're really that into it, here's a throwaway email. It's off-topic for me to discuss here.
>>
>>2135054
Would help if I didn't drop the fucking address.
[email protected]
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.