[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BIRDS NESTING!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: tordos-32.jpg (71 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
tordos-32.jpg
71 KB, 400x299
Has anybody on here had birds nesting in their attic?

Well, I have now.. They started making noise a couple of days ago, and it's getting louder. I think they are Starlings.

They wake me up at around 4am, with their disgusting chirping noises and rattling around. It's driving me mad, does anybody know how I get rid of these cunts?

A humane way, I need to do it ASAP before they push me over the edge and I stick their nest with them in it in the microwave until they STFU
>>
>starlings
kill them all op
kill them all
>>
Starlings used to come into my house through the roof and lay eggs next to my water heater. We'd just gather the babies and take them to an animal sanctuary.
>>
>>2129909
>>2130159

You both should be concerned there's even a hole in your roof big enough to let a bird the size of a startling in your house, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's let other stuff in too. That should be your priority, figuring out how they got in and fixing it or else this and worse will just keep happening. If there's an actual nest, just take it to a sanctuary and explain you can't have birds living in your roof. Or try putting it in a tree nearby. Honestly either way they probably won't survive, but they're starlings so that's okay
>>
kill them. you are now a force of nature and helping to advance the evolution of species. kill them all
>>
>>2130177
>You both should be concerned there's even a hole in your roof big enough to let a bird the size of a startling in your house
You're insane. A starling can fit into insanely tiny cracks that would be hard to spot. Those fuckers can squeeze into spots a mouse couldn't.

Starlings also have communal nests. So if there is one gettin in, t here will probably be more.
>>
>>2130219
Dude, if you have birds roosting in your attic then you need to fix your house. Saying they can fit in tiny holes is just an excuse to not fix your shit.
>>
Not in the attic, but I think there's a nest of starlings on top of my house, maybe in the rain gutter.

I don't mind them, I like birbs and starlings are no exception. They keep relatively quiet as long as I don't go near the nest and when there are no cats around.
Just let them hang out and fix up your roof when they've gone.
>>
>>2130236
Well thanks, Captain Hindsight, I should have spotted the hole and patched it BEFORE they got in, I never thought of that, you must have a Mensa IQ?
>>
>>2130395
>They keep relatively quiet
No, they really don't. They are directly above my bed, and the noise they make in the early hours is enough to wake my 4 year old daughter up at the other side of the house.
>>
>>2130399

Well, you probably won't be able to get rid of them without killing them, unless you take them to some sort of sanctuary or shelter.
If you move the nest, the parents won't follow.

Check around for bird sanctuaries and ask them about it.
>>
>>2130401
I might leave it for a week or so, if I can put up with it, surely the babies won't stay dependant for too long. If they leave quickly I'll patch it and that should do it, if not I guess I'll try a sanctuary,

Was kind of hoping for a solution to entice them/scare them away though, but they seem like persistent little fuckers from what I've read today.
>>
>>2130414

It's somewhat likely that they'll be gone by then. Nestlings only stay around for 3 weeks, and I'm not even sure if they make that much noise.
I know that the fledglings are noisy as FUCK, they squawk at everything and constantly chatter, so they might be on their way out.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.