[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
injured bird in the backyard wat do? it doesn't move, it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 917x871) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 917x871
injured bird in the backyard wat do?

it doesn't move, it's just breathing
>>
>>2129510
if its really that injured best thing u can do is put it down
>>
>>2129510
let nature run it's course

the world is a cruel place, my dumb frogposting friend
>>
bury it once it dies, pour some wine on the grave.
>>
>>2129510
contact DEC and find a wildlife rescue
>>
File: 1463175916294.jpg (69 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
1463175916294.jpg
69 KB, 500x669
>>2129510
feed 2 kitty
>>
>>2129510

sounds like an easy meal

what are you waiting for
>>
>>2129510
Tear the heart out and eat it, you'll gain the bird powers and should be able to connect to your spirit animal better.
>>
Yesterday when I was digging in my back yard I accidently hit a toad with a shovel, breaking it's back legs. Knowing it had no chance of survival I took my bb gun and shot it in the head killing it instantly. Do the same
>>
>>2129510
Birds often fly in to windows and temporarily stun themselves, leave it awhile and see if it recovers. Alternatively, poke some air holes in a nice, dark cozy box and take it to a vet or rehab.
>>
>>2130912
This.
They do this all the time where I live. We basically sit with them a bit until they slowly regain consciousness and hold em...then after a good 10 - 20 minutes they're like "Wait a minute, why the fuck am I with this human!?" and fly off.
>>
>>2132591
Had a cardinal get caught in my chicken coop when I was younger. Caught it in a ball cap and to let out since the door was low and it would only fly up. It went unconscious despite suffering no trauma when getting caught so I laid it on the ground thinking it died of a heart attack or something. 5 minutes later it jumped up and took off like a rocket.
>>
>>2130912
>poke some air holes
I thought you were going to say, poke some air holes in the bird to let it breath.
I need to go to bed.
>>
File: IMAG2814.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2814.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
I'm going to semi hijack this thread. I've got a baby monk parakeet who is leaning to one side a lot. It's only three weeks old so I can't stand up but it's got its left foot clenched and close to its body and it sits right leg extended since last night. I have another one that is a couple of weeks older, flies and all now. It was doing a similar thing, where it would lay on its side. It would fix itself up when I would talk to it, but this one is still too young I think. I'm very concerned. As you can see in the pic the leg juts out at the top. Does anyone have any advice? It only tries to move its other leg. This barely began last night, no food changes, environment changes, nothing. Thank you in advance, anyone who can help.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.