[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever gotten a pet that wasn't really what you were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 29916HypoBlueNic-med.jpg (145 KB, 592x600) Image search: [Google]
29916HypoBlueNic-med.jpg
145 KB, 592x600
Have you ever gotten a pet that wasn't really what you were expecting?

Of course you're supposed to learn all you can about the animal you want, and even handle one if you can. But of course not all experiences are the same.

Mine is actually a good experience.

>guy has Nicaraguan boa that is nippy as hell
>I read up, nic boas are usually feisty
>gives him to me, it's my first snake but I'm ok if it's feisty
>once I get him to my place he becomes super tame
>has been chill as fuck for the 5 years I've had him now
>>
Are you sure it isn't just too cold?

I guess I never expected the family cat to become increasingly social as it aged to the point of being somewhat annoying and giving me grief every time I have to leave it alone.
>>
>>2129213
They said the same thing about my central American, but he's the most docile snake I've ever held
>>
Same here, with a green anaconda
>open the deli cup cringing a little because I know I'm gonna get bitten
>she's exceptionally tame
>still is
WELP
>>
>>2130521

Question: How the fuck do you house a green anaconda?
>>
>>2130530
Right now she's just in a rack because she's tiny. Eventually just in a big cage. You know like the wood ones with the glass sliding doors? One of those probably.
>>
>>2130534

Don't the males top out a ten feet?
What about water?

Not looking to give you shit, genuinely curious.
>>
>>2129213

I briefly fostered a pair of guinea pigs. I researched their care but was unprepared for their personalities. Very surprised at how active they were. And noisy. It weirded me out how every time i would go in their room to check on them I would immediately hear running piggy feet headed straight to their hide. They were really tame and fairly old. They would come out after i had been in the room a couple minutes and be fine. Just every time i opened that door it was a mad dash to hide.

Thankfully it was only a week i had to keep them. Definitely not my style of pet.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
>>2129213
Pic related, excuse the garbage quality.

My "blue beauty rate snake" (O. t. callicyanus) is a sweetheart, which they never are. She's also a she, which I learned the other day after owning her for 7 years when she laid 9 eggs... Thanks, employee at local reptile shop who can't sex snakes properly.
>>
>>2130645
They lay eggs without males?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.