[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Newbie with cats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: WP_20160523_003[1].jpg (2 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160523_003[1].jpg
2 MB, 1456x2592
I always had dogs, but never a Cat, my wife wanted a Cat so we got a little one.

The problem is that I don't know how much what to do.

She stinks a little. How to properly bath her?

She seems to be a bit lonely, she's always meowning when I'm not playing with her. I play trow balls for her and she plays with it for 10min and then she wants me and starts to meow.

When I extend my hand to her she rubb her head and then her back in my hands.

If I ignore and don't play when she is meowning she just sleeps.

So please give tips for a newbie with cats, pic related.
>>
Put it outside. That's where wild animals belong, after all.
>>
Give the little brat attention. Isn't that why people get pets? You're gonna miss it because your cat's eventually gonna get bored of you and you're gonna wish he was still begging for your attention.
>>
>>2128634
Yes, but what can I do with all that energy? I do play with her, but I can't do that all the time. Also which kinds of games she would enjoy?
>>
>>2128639
You fuck would you do the same thing with your own baby ?

That fucking cat is very very young, you should put more effort in giving attention/taking care of him.
>>
>>2128689
Hey man, it's his wife's cat too.

Besides, a cat isn't a human infant.
>>
Get some of those automatic cat toys so it will play with itself. Kittens are typically demanding so you need something to keep it occupied when you don't have time or want for it.

You can also do stuff like hiding its food around the house so it has to hunt. That will help stimulate it
>>
Feral cat rehaber here.
Kittens play by themselves all the time, so you can provide small stuff for her to mess with.
>ball bigger than her mouth, made of stiff unchewable material
>buy a feather wand for when you have time
>buy a toy that is attached to an elastic string, attach to a wardrobe or handle so she can pull and release and go batshit by herself
>put catnip inside an old sock, roll it in itself multiple times til it becomes a ball

Regards the stink, find out which end of the cat is the stink coming from. Cats very rarely get stinky fur, it's usually just the anal glands or teeth/bad breath. Avoid bathing younger cats as it can seriously traumatise them if done improperly.
>>
>>2128733
I found that there is to games that she likes:

1 - Drop a ball of papper and she'll be playing with it for a few minutes.
2 - Point the finger in the floor and she'll be following the finger.

Other than that I still didn't found much what she likes.

I'll have to take her to the vet, I think that she didn't got any vacines yet and she have fleas.

BTW: She have only a few months (3 I think), which kind of food should I give? I'm giving dry cat food since I didn't found wet cat food for cats with a age lower than 1 year.

I'm changing the water 2 times/day, and I always put ration in the bow, so she don't starve (she eats when she wants to).
>>
Try to make her chase your shoe string with something tied to it. Laser pointers and a toy for her to kick and cuddle with. Good luck
>>
>>2128639
ok it's very simple.
-get stick or anything that functions as a stic.
-get a thread or a rope and tie it to the stick
Now you have a cat fishing rod, keep it moving and the cat will chase the thread and it's the easiest best cat toy ever
>>
Get a cardboard box then cut a couple holes and use a rod toy. Cats go ape shit over that.

Cats are typically bossy and demanding. Kittens need a lot of attention and is most likely going through separation issues and will calm down as they settle into their new home.

Also baths and cats don't really mix. Don't get water on their head during their bath. Also keep a mat under their paws.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.