[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't these little tards been domesticated yet? They're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: raccoon-grass.jpg (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
raccoon-grass.jpg
1 MB, 1600x900
Why haven't these little tards been domesticated yet? They're cute, they're docile; What's not to love?
>>
File: 2012-11-15 17_46_31(1).jpg (124 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
2012-11-15 17_46_31(1).jpg
124 KB, 720x720
Because their shit ass cunts. Their relative: the Miners Cat is so easily domesticated, miners in their range would tame them to hunt mice around their cabins.
>>
>>2127976
Oh god that's fucking adorable

Oh I hate you /an/, you make me want to become rich and go through college just so I can get exotic pets.
>>
>>2127972
They would serve no purpose. We already have enough domestic species and most of these species are just ornate.
>>
>>2127979
They're not really exotic and the live in the US.

You could probably get one without too much trouble.
>>
>>2127982
>They would serve no purpose

What purpose do caged birds serve? Or a snake in a terrarium? At least you could pet and cuddle with a 'coon.
>>
>>2127985
Aw, well maybe one day.

Right now I got a dog and an alligator lizard, and I kind of want to get the permits to breed alligator lizards as pets.
>>
>>2127988
We already have dogs, cats and ferrets.
>>
>>2127972
They're really prone to be nippy and moody. They would be easy to befriend with food, and bond with as baby, but they also will throw tantrums if you try making them to obey. They will also be very destructive, I mean walls ripped open, furniture torn up, so they would need a huge, huge enclosure to themselves with lots of climbings and hidey holes, and toys

Cute as dicks though

I've read from raccoon owners all of this, but I also hear if you keep in mind you WILL get bitten at some point, they are very affectionate and loving of you. They all say neutered males are your best chance

I know the coatimundi is really favored as an exotic pet. They're in the raccoon family but supposedly are much better suited as pets, though they will get nippy too. I want a coati so bad.
>>
>>2127972
More importantly, why haven't we domesticated capybaras?
Also what animals are known to be domesticateable but haven't been?
>>
>>2127972
>Why haven't these little tards been domesticated yet?
Look up Raccoon Willie, it's not easy to domesticate a raccoon at all.
>>
Raccoons fucking suck. They make me want to vomit. Disgusting, nasty creatures that people excuse the shitty behavior of because LEL SO CUTE!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!

I fucking hate raccoons.
>>
>>2128090
I get happy when I see dead ones in the road
>>
File: spottet-skunk.jpg (18 KB, 323x250) Image search: [Google]
spottet-skunk.jpg
18 KB, 323x250
Just get a skunk anon
>>
>>2128041
we haven't domesticated capybaras? what the fuck, aren't they just big rats? how hard could it be?

cheetahs
>>
>>2127972
Adults are very aggressive and they like to shit all over and then fingerpaint with their shit.

Also too smart to keep in your house, they can get any fucking where.
>>
>>2128090
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
>>
>>2128108
More like giant Guinea pigs, plus they could be used as a food source.
It still confuses me how cheetahs of all animals could be made into a cuddly pet. How did they discover that?
>>
>>2127988

>thinks birds stay in cages all the time and don't cuddle
>>
>>2128123
>cheetahs
do they shit in a box like a little kitty?
>>
>>2128041
Capybaras cannot be domesticated because they are to chill for it. They are always chilling with or without humans.
>>
>>2127976
omg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NleMQdbV7WU
>>
File: tumblr_n5fx7iucTK1s02vreo1_400.gif (2 MB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5fx7iucTK1s02vreo1_400.gif
2 MB, 350x263
Raccoons are too cute.
>>
>>2127972

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNfuKBaRKmY
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.